FFXIV Thread vol 2

Not really, new expansion coming out in December for this 10yo game

1 Like

tfw no game will ever have combat be as snappy and responsive as wow

Literally Wilchen when someone doesnt care about FFXIV

3 Likes

You don’t play swtor for the snappy experience

You play it for the story and community.

Tbh MMO wars are the most cringe. They all offer different things and I think a lot of people hurt themselves by remaining unjustly loyal. I just sub to one play it for a month or two and then quit for a year.

3 Likes

Yeah imagine sticking to one MMO

This was made by the ‘can’t stay on one game’ gang

1 Like

You don’t play swtor for the snappy experience

idk man they literally tried to copy wow hard and fucked up by choosing the most piece of shit engine imaginable

the class gameplay and rotations were fun until they fucked them up

imho swtor failed to do what xiv did

I don’t even know if I would blame the engine choice, the budget was massive and bioware should have had the resources to work on the netcode.

Bioware probably just fucked up during the development cycle as MMO devs tend to do.

Main thing I actually hate are the graphics, even back when the game was revealed I was a star wars galaxies gamer wanting something a bit more realistic like that game. Cartoony star wars looks like ass.

the only people who do are french and i can’t play with them because they’re french :pensive:

i don’t think you realize that it’s absolutely necessary if you want to not die instantly upon starting the boss battle, bud

I’ve had a week straight of trying out another dungeon (that isn’t the one I linked) where if you didn’t know the strat perfectly and had one (1) fuckup you’d die. In a 1 hour long battle.

I gave up after a while and only did it with friends because randos suck balls jesus christ

6000 page manual to not die per boss

sounds like fun man lol

2 Likes

it’s surprisingly fun, yes, because the strats are different for each boss and aren’t completely obtuse. It’s definitely a hard game, but it’s better than typical modern mmorpg where it’s just do damage/heal then win.

top down turn based game

u would get absolutely filtered by savages

the fuck do you mean “filtered by savages”

roleplay to find out

Savages is some of ffxiv’s hard content

Pfft. Imagine playing an MMO. What year is this? 2011? My free time consists exclusively of playing First Person Shooters amidst an amphetamine-induced haze. Get with the times, dweebs.

5 Likes

First Person Shooters?

what are you a 20 year old with no job?

Everyone plays gacha games on their phones at school now.

How did you know?
20 letters

3 Likes

2020202020202020 years old with no job is the typical cod gamer demographic

Ahh, I see now. Can’t transfer an existing account over to the free trial it seems. Though the free trial account doesn’t allow you to create a party it seems so I don’t think it’s for me.