Everyone's favourite Problem Slueth

I think the detective baton having stamina damage (and not just the arm targeting) made people use it as a delaying tactic to pin people in place or even win fights with it… Offence instead of running.

Looking at the billy club code I think these are accurate?
15 stamforce (any attack causes this?)
Leg sweep has knockdown 30 (3 seconds) and paralyze (why?)
Arm does 50 stam to arm in an attempt to drop the weapon

If someone is playing in good faith then this wouldnt be an issue… but people gotta game…

As for revolver… 6 shots… 10 damage 30 stam each for rubbers… More than enough to stam crit and only 40-50 HP of damage is needed to fully crit a single target. (almost like it can win fights single handedly)

Why does rubber do toolbox damage? (12)

The Detective has been a problem Job for a really long time. I think its a failure on everyone. Its a problem that can’t be solved. You can’t satisfy everyone in the case of the Det. It doesn’t matter how hard you enforce the rules if you ban everyone who players the role who makes a minor mistake regarding SoP. You can’t take away Antag potential because then no one plays the role. Also its clear that antag removal will never happen even if it was good for the game. You can’t take away their stuff because then no one plays the role because “muh revolver”. You can’t expect all Det players to be perfect because there will always be players who are trying to game under cover of doing their job.

I think the best fix would be to integrate the Det into sec proper, but remove antag status. Would you lose Det players who are playing for seccie antag status? yeah, but wouldn’t that be a good thing?

But like I said, thats never gonna happen.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.