EORG Prepping (specifically on Sage), what's your take?

Is it okay to prepare for EORG?
  • It’s okay insofar as it’s okay to prepare for shuttle grief or potential shuttle hijacks. Self defense, but no explosions.
  • Make as many maxcaps for round-end as you want and at any time as long as you don’t use them for “self defense” before then.
  • For most of the round, no. But once the shuttle call is past the point of no return, it’s prepping time.
  • Absolutely not, it’s literally self-antagging.

0 voters

Do you think it’s fine to prepare a weapon, trap, explosion etc. for EORG? Is it okay to keep a voice activated bomb in your pocket all shift with the sole intent of activating it as soon as the round is over?

Is “doomsday” prepping okay? Is it self-antagging? Is it powergaming? Is it bad for the round, even if you have the self control to never prematurely discharge your gamer gear?

Does it fit into some kind of grey area where it’s fine in certain circumstances? Is it behavior we should encourage or discourage?

I mean like what would be the point of having powergaming rules if you could just justify having half of armory in backpack for EORG?
Also even if you think you “self-control” yourself to not discharge that bomb you have in backpack someone with less self-control or an antag can just kill you and take it.

In truth I’d like to say nobody should prepare for EORG at all because it ruins the shuttle dynamic in the event someone is in need of hijack or otherwise do antagonistic things. When people get backed into a corner, even if they wouldn’t use their EORG items, someone else nearby will if they know about it.

However, the rule of thumb I follow on this is:

As long as I don’t find out about it until after the round ends, I don’t care. But if your desire to bring EORG can’t be concealed until after you’re at CentCom or it happens to slip out, it almost always will be either used by someone else, or used to label you as an antag and cause a massive shitshow.

Rules should still apply in full until the round actually ends, but everyone knows we can’t catch everything.

Mind you this is another thread I decided to make to get people’s opinions. I don’t EORG prep and also I don’t hold it against people for doing it. It’s something to think and talk about though.

It seems like a pretty clear-cut case of “self-antagging if you get caught.” Just don’t get caught and you’re fine.

God help you if an admin is observing you for some reason.

To be fair, this is true for every rule on and off of Bee.

1 Like

Harder to not get caught doing something like PDAing an ERP copypasta or opening a plasma cannister on the shuttle

NO ADMIN PLEASE I LOOTED THE ARMORY AND KILLED THE CAPTAIN FOR HIS GUN BUT I DID IT SO I CAN DIE 3 SECONDS LATER AFTER THE ROUND ENDS DONT BAN PLS NO YOU CANT BAN ME

The worst fucking excuse ever.

1 Like

Eorg is also a valuable time for testing hellmixes on live subjects

2 Likes

Wrtf is this thread!!! the whole point of the round is for u to prep up… if u dont then u stinky (e)rper eheheheheh

1 Like

TLDR: If you aren’t gonna be powergaming/tiding/otherwise self-antagging to get the item, you’re good.

There should really be a limit on what can be gotten, at least on MRP. Chiefly, if it is an item you could reasonably get by doing stuff with your job or have had given to you within the context of the round, this should apply. Tiding into armoury, breaking into toxins to make a maxcap(or making a maxcap as scientist in general if no research bomb was made and used).

This should be noted as distinctly different than being armed by Warden to fight a blob/nuke ops/xenomorphs/other situation for warden to arm many people, making a maxcap with leftover materials as a scientist, producing a one off grenade as chemist after making some robust medicine factory.

In general, don’t be shitter to get the stuff, and do your actual job first before prepping.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.