Ban Type:
server
Ban Length:
14 days
Ban Date (YYYY/MM/DD/):
2022/07/13
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
As a non-antag Chemist, shuttle-bombed before roundend. Knew it was against the rules and
did it anyways. This is not acceptable. Also powergaming, but didn’t seem to realize that that was considered powergaming.….
Appeal Reason:
I knew that self antaging is against the rules but it wasnt my intention at all. I primed my grenade the moment we arrived at CC(5sec fuse), but the delayed explosion with pyrosium triggered the charge before roundend. I did my job as a chemist by providing syntflesh and superior medical patches in bulk before I made that one grenade. Basing my knowledge on recent EORG Ban appeals I believe this ban is too severe and I’m kindly asking for a reduction, because I’m not a shitter that want to ruin a shift for everyone by murderboning.
(but by my impression it sounds Ive been taken as one in the ban notes).

Additional Information:
I’m not saying I am totally innocent, I admit i wanted to commit EORG but because of my mistake(and Byond lag magic) it detonated too early and killed innocent players before roundend, however my intentions were not to harm anyone until the round end and im ready to face consequences for that.

Ban appeals that I mentioned in appeal reason:

https://forums.beestation13.com/t/ulanyfrajer-banned-by-haliris/16887
As EORG is not directly specified in rules I would also like to bring this post up which i believe have replies from admins(sorry, my mistake):

“In general, don’t be shitter to get the stuff, and do your actual job first before prepping.”

1 Like

The duration of the ban was less about the EORG and more about knowing it was against the rules but doing it anyways.

As I wrote earlier, EORG is not specified in the rules, I admitted to know that shuttle bombing before roundend(self antag) is bad, but it wasnt my genuine intent. And really, if someone knows the rules, he is to get a longer ban just because he knew them?

Two year old thread by the way.

3 Likes

It’s literally a quote where im saying I wanted to EORG, not self antag shuttle bombing before round end, which im aware that it is against the rules. Hope You understand what I tried to say in that message. So, what I tried to do wasn’t against the rules, but thing I did indeed was against them, so im not hoping for a full ban lift.

1 Like

I havnt botherd reading all of this
but i just want to point this out:

EORG is fully OOC, obviously.
Meaning, while the round is on going, you have no IC reason to prepare for EORG.
Its powergaming.

Having a grenade and blowing it up in a crowded place are two diffrent crimes, of course.
But just saying, you shouldnt have one in the first place. Unless there was some other, IC, reason for you to have had it.

1 Like

I am a beginner chemist, i just wanted to see how much nitroglicerin i can make till the end of shift, with the help of the botanist. True, there is no IC reason for that but for example there is also no IC reason to dangerous SM setups that generate 100x more power than default one(since power consumption is still the same), or discovering and keeping hulk genes on a disk.Nevertheless, What i want to say, I just wanted to see how well i can fare and later use the fruits of my labour to EORG and see the result. Also ban length is not due to Powergaming/Self Antag, but for the fact that I knew the rules of a “crime” I was not planning to commit to. It was an accident and I said I was sorry for that. I created this ticket mainly due to the feeling I was misunderstood when I’ve seen the ban note.

1 Like

Alright, I think I misunderstood a little and got a bit overzealous with the ban length. I’m willing to reduce this down to three days as long as you remember to follow the powergaming rules.
If you want to test dangerous grenade mixes, I recommend getting permission from Command and maybe get Science to let you use the testing range or have Cargo take you down to Lavaland.
Or just wait until you get an antagonist with relevant objectives.

Glad we have that covered up then. I will ask for permission from cmo from now on. If the ban note is going to be amended then i have no further things to cover. Thank you for time and being understanding.

Have a good one boys and gals.

1 Like

I’ll amend it when I get on tonight.

Appeal accepted.

1 Like

i think admin forgot to close + archive this, please do rq

I didn’t.
I left it open so I wouldn’t forget when I get online.
Thanks, though.

1 Like

oh, mb then

1 Like