In-game report.

CKEY: Howluinb

Your Discord: Howluinb31153#1759

Offender’s CKEY: ???

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name: DULC-E-NA

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 08/07/2021

Round Number: 31146

Rules Broken: No self antag/powergaming ? I don’t know which one “validhunting” would fit under.

Incident Description: I was a traitor with holopara who broke into armory. I had killed a sec officer who ran looking for me at that point. I head to atmos, trying to break into the sec outpost. Suddenly, AI bolts all doors down except for the one leading to hallway which they bolt open, and three seconds later, 3 seccies + cap rush down with shotguns filled with lethals and eguns on lethal.

I had my ID on, I was clearly crew, yet they trapped me in with an incoming onslaught of seccies they KNEW would have killed me due to the very visible holopara I didn’t hesitate to bust out any time.

They then proceed to later afterwards go on sec comms (once I am dead) to say “ohhh woopsie doopsies turns out they were crew how could i have known ahah silly me !”. Once again, my ID was on, and there was no indication i was an outsider.

Additional Information: Apologies for the lack of info on the AI name, but i passed out asleep, like, 5 minutes after closing bee, and my memory is quite shit. Please don’t hesitate to edit my post if you ever get the AI name.

1 Like

I bolted the door so security could detain you. Not my fault you put yourself in a position with your holoparasite to get yourself dusted.

you knew very well that no matter what holopara users get attacked with lethals due to impossibility of capture and you saw literally all of security rush towards me with shotguns & eguns on lethal.

Please do not pretend you were simply trying to “help them to detain” when the outcome was 100% decided, and you never even unbolted the doors/tried to let me get out when I had a brief moment of respite & nobody coming for me after I had already been shot with lethals by captain

The part that makes this even more aggravating is how right after my death you yourself clearly acknowledge on sec comms that you fucked up and make it seem like you just forgot I was crew

I consistently notified the captain and security that you were crew and were not to be harmed. Captain agreed. They attempted to detain you at which point you attempted to murder them with a holoparasite. You brought that upon yourself.

You also fail to mention how you had just broken into armory, stolen several lethal weapons, and murdered a security officer. Its basically a choice between letting a murderous crew mate run freely or giving security a chance to detain you non lethally. A chance you threw away when you attacked.

I consistently notified the captain and security that you were crew and were not to be harmed.

Then why did you clearly state on sec comms that you “forgot” i was crew and let me be killed by sec after I had attacked instead of bolting me in or any other method that didn’t include letting 4 seccies with shotguns and eguns out on lethal rush towards me ?

You also fail to mention how you had just broken into armory, stolen several lethal weapons, and murdered a security officer.

Incident Description: I was a traitor with holopara who broke into armory. I had killed a sec officer who ran looking for me at that point. I head to atmos, trying to break into the sec outpost.

Its basically a choice between letting a murderous crew mate run freely or giving security a chance to detain you non lethally.A chance you threw away when you attacked.

At which point, once you saw detaining me non lethally was impossible, instead of preventing crew harm, you proceeded to leave all the doors bolted open perfect for the security crew marching towards engineering who arrived about 5 seconds later.

Once again, the entire reason this report exists is because you clearly stated yourself IC that your defense for letting me killed was “lol i forgot he was crew” - Which, no.

You are mistaken. I said it was unfortunate that a crew member had died. I’ll let the admins handle this one. I have done nothing wrong here.

Is the ai on normal Crewsimov?

Yeah, the AI was on normal unmodified crewsimov.

they didn’t lock me down, is the thing : They knowingly opened the door for me to get killed, going so far as to bolt close all doors except the ones that led straight to the sec mob which they bolted open.

this isn’t a situation of an antag being stuck in a room & sec convincing AI to open up so they can “disable him”, they literally led a mob of lethally armed security members towards another crewmember, knowing fully they were going to die, solely to respond like 3 seconds after the death “woopsie doopsie they were crew i forgot ahah!” as some sort of cheap way to defend themself

There’s playing an AI who gets tricked into killing antags (le reeducation chamber/oh sec came they’re SURELY going to detain that guy without harm !), and there’s outright validhunting as an AI. This CLEARLY falls into the latter.

Also i’d like to point out there were TWO holopara users in that shift, and I was the first one who only got into armory with the holo, took 2 eguns, killed a sec officer who shot first & was actively looking for me in space then arrived in atmos.

The second guy went on a murder spree, I didn’t.

If anyone is wondering why shit looks weird it’s because I deleted some peanut arguments, but left some posts since they actually had good info.

Locking this for now as well, after reviewing the report.

doing my own cleaning pass soon as well.

This is not true at all. The only thing that was done was consistently calling out their location and the eventual trapping of them.

Two hostile parties are lethally armed and you know both wish to kill each other. You should be doing everything in your power to keep them seperated. This is liable to fail eventually of course, but the effort is expected.

Due to the otherwise very clean record, there will be no punishment beyond noting the incident, but please acknowledge this post and make counterpoints if you have any @Scando.

1 Like

No other people should be posting in this thread in response.

The argument does not need to start up again. Your post will be deleted and you will be silenced for a week. Scando can make their own case and counterpoints if they have any.

This note is a bit over the top. Valid hunting? For real? I understand I may have picked what you judged to be the worse end of a trolly problem, but I don’t think I deserve such a harsh note.

I have an extremely clean record and this looks REALLY bad. perhaps you could reconsider this note?