Discuss ERP, Racism, Zero Tolerance and Unappealable here

You literally just described how just about every video game company hands out bans on MP games.

It’s not a perma-ban if it gets lifted. :^)

No complaints on those comments, agreed. It’s almost like the Host of the server has his head in the right place, or something :thinking:
I think it was just your wording in a couple spots that had me all “ehhhh”.

You literally just described how just about every video game company hands out bans on MP games.

Good thing we’re not an amorphous, uncaring sentient blob of manufactured evil, which dispenses bans on a nearly entirely automated basis in order to milk as much cash from their playerbase as they can then, right?

It’s not a perma-ban if it gets lifted. :^)

Again, it’s a definitions things. I define a perma-ban as a ban that has no specified end-date. I think what you’re talking about is more a “community ban”, I’ve seen that word thrown around a couple times in that context.

Debatable.

You can be community banned for a month. A permanent ban is a ban… that’s permanent. It’s no longer a permanent ban when it’s lifted after 3 months, it’s just a 3 month ban. See the difference?

You can be community banned for a month. A permanent ban is a ban… that’s permanent. It’s no longer a permanent ban when it’s lifted after 3 months, it’s just a 3 month ban. See the difference?

I suppose, yes. Not going to tangle with you over definitions. I assume by “perma-ban” you mean “unappealable perma-ban”. I don’t know what your point is, though.

I’ll make it easy, if ERP is “zero tolerance perma-ban” then unappealable is redundant. Unbanning people who did it shows that that isn’t the case. You ARE willing to tolerate it on a case-by-case basis and it ISN’T a perma-ban.

Aren’t some permabans handed out just to see whether or not the banned person would go through the trouble of going to the forums and making an appeal? You know, to see if they care :thinking:

New topic has been created here - Should Bee have an minimum age recommendation or restriction?

Whaddaya say? Has this thread come to a resolution?

Not really a thread that has a “resolution” - it’s an ongoing discussion.

@RodBoward

Yes, but are you saying that’s a good thing, a bad thing, or what?
I stand by my “there shouldn’t be unappealable bans” stance, for the reasons described in my above posts.

What’s that, already lost interest? Come on, guys, get some activity in here

there is no point. nothing in this server will change, and all the arguments were said. admins never change their opinion about this

3 Likes

Are you kidding? Are you telling me a game where you can beat someone to being brain damaged, saw them open while still awake and then feed them their own organs until they bleed to death, then boil their corpse in cooking oil and feed to the rest of the station is “minimal” in gore?

1 Like

Never understood the cartoon argument about gore. Tom and Jerry never cut one another open and showed their organs, that wouldn’t be allowed. There’s a difference between slapstick and violence.

1 Like

In minecraft you can brutally cut people with swords, set them on fire so that they burn alive and boil people alive using lava traps. It’s more the depiction of the gore rather than the description of it, otherwise everything would sound awful and 18+.

Yet there is no full frontal nudity.

Also organs never come out and you cannot leave a trail of blood by dragging a body.

ya the gore isn’t minimal. that’s observably untrue

1 Like

You can’t cut people with swords, you attack them and they turn red. There’s a difference.

1 Like

The gore definitely isn’t minimal but compared to games such as resident evil or stuff like that it’s really not that bad.

1 Like

idk there’s definitely a different energy when you’re role-playing as a murderer, rather than point and click