Demdisco punished for gibbing guy who tried to murder him twice, note appeal

This does not need one because @Demdisco overescalated. Gibbing someone that was not valid to them, plus failure to understand it’s bad means note should stay, in my opinion.

The note expiration policy was created on the incorrect assumption that expired notes would be hidden, when in fact they are not. Since that conversation developed I’ve not been made aware of a fix, so I continue to not put expiration dates on. I expire watchlists, not notes. Admins are smart, they can read dates (normally). Anyways, appeal accepted? Denied? Resolved? I don’t know, note discussed and filed in the round filing cabinet.

Side note, thread was unlocked because of my request (Thanks Sergei), as I wish to know if the note will receive a timer or not, and why not; and that an admin stated the note was entirely invalid (This confuses me more)

Reopened at request of poster.

@Ruko @llol111 @bloons3 can we get an actual decision based on the fact that the note expiration policy was based off of inaccurate information regarding if notes are hidden and preserved after expiration.

3 Likes

Yes please. None of us actually know the answer apparently. I have always been told notes are not permanent and that they expire.

Yet i have a note from August of 2019 from Sergei that has yet to expire. Despite it being two years old.

I find this highly unlikely considering I didn’t become an admin on Bee until October of 2020.

Correction, from Leader425. Sorry. I got it mixed up with my OTHER permanent note from January of this year.

1 Like

If the assumptions thats lead to creation of policy are wrong then it can be revised.
But - as is - expiration on notes is policy.
it does not apply to notes created before this policy was introduced for obvious reasons

Thats just my lone oppion though, idealy you’d wait for one more headmin response so you can be super duper extra sure

@Ruko @llol111 @bloons3 bump

Assumptions led to creating the policy were partially wrong, but not entirely.

The note policy will not be changing and notes should appropriately be set to expire, including this one.

ALRIGHT, note edited, edits work with beebot, note set to expire 6/6/2021 at 00:00:00 server time.