Demdisco punished for gibbing guy who tried to murder him twice, note appeal

I was memeing.

Can you even appeal notes? I thought since they just disappear you cant even appeal them.

You were valid and had no rights. It doesn’t matter who tried to kill you or how they escalated because you were valid.

If you do the le funny kill ian meme you don’t have the right to fight back any more, that’s how it works.

What Sergei said.

Also, valid DOES NOT APPLY TO HEARSAYS.

Tbh I’m willing to be fine with this, before michiru posts (Too late)

There’s a bit more to this actually too, it was not just him trying to valid hunt me, there was some other guy who took his shot gun and kept coming back at random intervals for the entire duration of a ~20 minute bwoink and shooting at me, endlessly.

Also don’t say “What Sergei said” when you’re saying I shouldn’t even have killed him

It was pretty chaotic, but I was shot by that guy too. I don’t know if other mins dealt with it too.

This is incorrect because noone is valid based on a hearsay:

What if I say that he saw the deep fried corgi (Tho he didn’t see me cook it)

The guy who brought me that dog was actually the clown, an antag with me as his target

I keep seeing hearsay mentioned, but from what I’ve read it all seems like this was in person.

It was not, the only people seeing cook deepfrying Ian were me, clown, mime and the HoS.

The hop did not see me deep fry the corgi according to the admins, I don’t know if he did or not, I can’t keep track of an entire screen at once.

If so, why should I be bwoinked for gibbing some guy who tried to rdm me twice :3

because you can’t just gib people that attack you

oh so that would mean HoP attacking Dem was against the rules, then. doesn’t make Dem gibbing them ok, though, imo. i just understand why he felt like he had to do that. my recommendation @Demdisco is ahelp it next time, note’s not a big deal.

either ahelp “can i gib he” or “hop attacking me even tho he didnt see me deepfry ian”

It was mostly a joke (To an extent explained at the end of this paragraph) to alleviate the mood a little as I don’t want you to view me as a shitter, this is legit the first time I’ve ever killed Ian OR gibbed a head of staff as a non antag despite all my hours.

I’m sticking to “Act like an antag, get treated like an antag”, murdering is antag biz so I murked him

I was not even aware I wasn’t valid to him tbh, not like I would have cared if I died, I deepfried that dumb dog anyways and I was ready to die and get gibbed over it.

I should have done this, however.

(Explanation as stated before)
If someone’s out to gib me or kill me for reasons outside the realm of the rules, why should I still operate within the realm of “escalation” without knowing this fact; he could have very easily just have been a traitor that wasn’t out to crit and revive me.

Also, since when can’t you gib people out to valid hunt / murder you? This is somehow new to me; the definition of valid is much more different now I guess.

The issue with this is that there is quite literally zero text in the rules that I can find that suggests there is any according to rules escalation beyond killing them and leaving their corpse (more or less) where it fell.

If you’d like I could edit the wording to be a bit more clear.

Draft: “After justifiably killing the HOP according to escalation, assumed they were valid and gibbed them, which is not the case as HOP had not done anything to make themselves valid according to L1.”

I don’t personally think killing should be anything more then that, if you’re not an antag who’s objective is to make sure that person remains dead for the rest of the round, you shouldn’t need or want to escalate it to completely removing the ability to put them back in the round.

that’s just my opinion, though, you’d need to modify the rules to explain when it is and isn’t ok to round end someone under the validity system

No need to edit the note, that’d just be extra tbh.

So to make this clear for next time…

If I am valid to someone and they try to valid hunt me, I am not allowed to gib them but I am allowed to kill them and toss their body out to where people can access it, not specifically get them healed.

If they come back for me when I toss them out or get them healed, they will have broken the rules - but I still can not get rid of them permanently because they are not valid.

If they come back a third time after I tossed them out during their illegal attempt, I’m then allowed to dispose of them?

Problem is, if I was valid to them, I doubt they’re gonna stop at that, I only acted out in my best interests, I really wanted to see that pitch black deep fried to hell corgi (Didn’t even get it)

Being fully honest even I thought you were allowed to round remove someone you fully escalated with till just now, would probably be good to stick it somewhere in the escalation policy that just because you reach the final step doesn’t mean you can round remove that person unless i’m blind and it already exist.

We are supposed to put expiry times on our notes. You are sure it doesn’t expire?

You can do anything to valid people and hop was valid to you for validhunting you. Note is not valid.

Sounds pretty much right. They try to kill you you have every right to leave them face down in the dirt, and I’d argue that you’re also within your rights to leave them face down in the dirt, minus equipment.

Just to be clear though, the Repeat Aggressor statement is another thing that specifically addresses escalation NOT validity. Three times and they poke you again you can toolbox their brains out again. I’d say if it’s gotten to that point Ahelp just to be on the safe side, because admins can always make someone valid.

1 Like

No, I do not have an expiration date on it.

1 Like