Crossedfall Admin Report

Shady disregard for conduct? You just pointed out how there is no conduct surrounding this.

This wouldn’t get a normal Admin deadminned, let alone the host.

Nukeops arguably fits the definition of an admin event, which would mean it would have to follow its requirements.

It’s not a definite ruling, but in the spirit of the existing rules what was done is not exempt from scrutiny.

Crossed, even if nobody else was on, you could have asked a seniormin or headmin to approve this. In fact, you really should have.
According to the document…

Admin Events are large-scale modifications to the round that would dramatically affect the typical flow of the game. When doing an admin event, you must do the following:

I would say this dramatically affects the typical flow of the game. Let’s continue.

Before the event even begins a player vote must be held (OOC Tab) with a majority in favor of participating in the event.

You never did this. I’d say this is strikable, you broke a clear cut rule. Even if the server was going to crash, if I did this to stop

I’d get striked. No two ways about it.

Crossed at the maximum needs a strike, not a deadmin.

As I said I have demanded a strike onto myself for similar circumstances in the past. So far nothing of the existing rules and the spirit they’re maintained in has changed so I stick to my opinion on the matter.

I wasn’t ok when I was given a pass then, and I’m not ok about a pass being given now.

2.5 hours into the round isn’t early, DS is very different from nukies and the circumstances and reasoning seem to be far different

Not really comparable

Damn this is a fuckfest.
I still have forum perms for some reason so uhh @Crossedfall take’em out please.

Also some 2 cents;

He ain’t an admin, he’s the guy that’s running the server. You could yell at him like when we yelled at Qwerty when he spawned 3 blobs for no reason, but you can’t really strike the guy that is literally one of the cogs that runs the server as a whole.

Wh

When?
Breh I don’t remember strikin’ you ever, or talkin’ about striking you.

Wish i still had headjannie perms to look into it.

As for @Crossedfall:
Were all antags dead? That’s really the only thing I’d ask.

In my opinion, using admin powers to end a round/force a shuttle call is not bad per sé if it has been going on for a long ass time (if we see it through the technical side of things on how it can fuck with the server itself) and it’s not a big fat middle finger in the shape of “Admin gives itself CQC and Godmode to harm disarm harm the crew”.

Ex-headjannie out, peace.

Yes, nukies are different in that they actually have the power to end the round, making them more severe.

My excuse was due to shuttle-ping-pong 2 hours in. Which is arguably better reason than impatience alone.

There is greater reason for a strike here.

If half the station is dead and the antagonists aren’t shuttling out just to prolong their traitor rounds it’s basically the same as shuttle ping pong

Yes and no for the nukies part, there’s no round if everyone is dead and Death Squad is way easier to exterminate everyone with

That does not make it ok, plain and simple. There are better ways to deal with this and we both know it.

This feels more like an attempted gangup, which is a bit awkward.

I’m not sure if I really need to go over the hierarchy here, but I am above headmin. Policies which require headmin approval do not apply here. I can grant myself the rights needed or exceptions for basic procedure if I deem it necessary. Which I deemed so in this instance.

The antags were not dead. They were pretty much entirely in control of the round, which was not ending naturally. It was something like 5 or 6 sets of blood brothers. The mc was starting to tank and I was observing problems server side as the round dragged on. It needed to conclude.

Yep.

Were they like, known antags?
As in, the crew itself was aware that they were antags?

Some yes, some no. There were 12ish antags in total from round start. I believe the OP was under the impression that they and their blood brother/sister were still incognito.

Really if you just opened with that you could’ve saved a lot of time and posts. If you deem this an executive decision then I don’t have any reason to debate here.

Also holy shit when did Rue leave? F

Bass deleting a message almost instantly because it was telling people to stop shitting on Crossed.

@Bastian0930 epic.

Stepped down like, yesterday-ish. Grew tired of SS13 and administration.

yesterday due to irl shit but rue is probably writing about it rn as he is literally in the conversation

edit: he’s faster than me… damn…

I was under the impression that I did.

It’s off topic, I believe. It’s not currently talking about this specific report

edit: well, I mean specifically giving information besides “crossed good fuck off”