Council Member Election Discussion

MRP players be like

4 Likes

:b:ruhhhhhhhh

no erp,

2 Likes

I mean, I agree that @Arbalezt s a pretty good fuckinā€™ candidate.

But also shitting on every LRP player candidate is kinda shitty, innit Vic?

Hell Iā€™m gonna take a fuckinā€™ wild shot and say that Iā€™ve known way more MRP players that are awful as individuals and way more self-centered than some LRP players, both with me as a player and an admin.

You can talk shit about LRP being purely ooga booga and all, but at least I know that LRP players like @OwenMcShain , @Xlyana or @TheMrFoX would bring up shit for the betterment of the playerbase than a ton of MRP players whoā€™d try to get everything their way whatever it takes, or try and gain as much power as they can or talk shit about the staff if things donā€™t go their way.

Donā€™t talk shit about my ungas, I love them dearly.

4 Likes

@Swept shut the fuck up swept

Arb, not asking this to be shitty but actually genuine. I havenā€™t really seen you engaged with anything other than sec or mentor vetting. Or maybe I just donā€™t remember it much because of how you are king sec along with Victor. Thatā€™s not bad, since sec is simultaneously the hardest and most hated department, and needs at least a few vocal voices that are coherent. Are you sure though that your rulings and votes would be for the good of the entire community, LRP and MRP, and not biased towards sec?

Also you and Victor do have each others backs. Is there a chance that might cause a conflict or a two man team that always votes in tandum once one personā€™s spoken?

Quality RP.

@Ruediger4
Thing is there just is rarely anything relevant to discuss about LRP. Itā€™s fine as is with minimal rules and I doubt anyone wants more of them. If itā€™s just wanting IAA to be able to murderbone all you have to do is ask a council member to bring it up for a vote.

Itā€™s similar to the way I earlier dismissed the people who wanted to become council but really they just wanted code changes. Do these players actually know what the role entails? What specific changes are they looking to make? I havenā€™t heard much of a platform or action plan from anyone.

Most of council already favours LRP so if itā€™s just representation to keep LRP rules the same then itā€™s a waste of a seat also.

Regarding specific players Xlyana is already on council. Owen I only know shitposts and rarely takes mentorhelps. TheMrFox is quite an active mentor though and Iā€™ve been seeing them on MRP more recently. You were headmin at the time I was admin and you did a great job also, but Iā€™d like to see more of a platform.

@Kasual
Though Arbalezt and I frequently play in the same department we disagree on a lot of things, for example my cult stun and other antag buffs. Iā€™d say we agree along the lines that security is getting increasingly nerfed but disagree as to how powerful specific antags and departments should be. Iā€™ve never been a follower so there wouldnā€™t be any tandem voting from me.

Like I said in my last post Iā€™ve seen him engage on a lot of topics, see for example on Discord #council-player-discussions earlier today even for the botany discussion. I wouldnā€™t bring that up unless there were a number of instances of it.

If thatā€™s the case then all good.

I thought the idea on the botany discussion though was that they were arming with lethals and they should provide them to sec rather than make the plants themselves. Same with the mech argument of giving combat Mechs to sec. Making lethal anything for the purposes of research is always allowed if itā€™s kept within your own department and not used to powergame. (Not trying to turn this into a botany discussion though)

just move combat mech stuff into some new sec job that was suggested? (armorer, gunsmith, secgineer)
problem solved.

The gist of the argument seemed to me that the powergaming rules have a loophole if you can roundstart rush hundreds of killer tomatoes and a bag full of armblade melting acidic apples on a greenshift. Research is all well and good but if someone every round was doing the same thing to max their combat potential then it still feels like powergaming, especially when theyā€™re specifically using these weapons for personal protection only.

Security isnā€™t allowed to walk around in riot armour and combat shotguns even on roundstart blueshift so the rules do seem uneven presently. Anyways thatā€™s a discussion best continued in that channel.

I wonder how would this election be if crusader was still here

Heā€™d start rapid fire shitposting about it and would have a decent chance at actually winning.

Say what now mister head admin? Then why did I get slapped with a two week antag ban for it :thinking:

Few days ago was also told by an admin on LRP that its not allowed. When I sent an ahelp because I noticed flavortext changed breh

Damn, thatā€™s quite a discrepancy to be honest. Iā€™ll make a vote on it to make sure it doesnā€™t happen in the future.

EDIT: No, Iā€™m just retarded and all the changes jumbled my memory. IAA murderboning on LRP is not allowed.

@Ruediger4

@Ruediger4

Iā€™ve moved over to MRP a while ago though, got tired of LRP.

LRP is like pure powergame play now since that everyone started copying my actions from a year ago honk.

I threw my hat in the ring. Donā€™t super expect that Iā€™ll be voted in, donā€™t have the meme power of some people, but hey. Wanna say I tried.

yeah and some of your council rulings have been
ā€˜I AM SEC MAIN PLEASE ADD THIS RULING THAT EMPOWERS SECā€™
Luckily the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ed ones have been shot down because youā€™re sperging out going
ā€˜PLEASE ADD THIS COUNCIL RULING THAT EMPOWERS SEC YES I PLAY SEC DID YOU KNOW I PLAY SEC I PLAY I PLAY SECā€™
like holy shit dude i get it you play sec stop trying to get sec empowered in almost all council votes

1 Like

Heā€™s a MRP sec main to get easy valids and force people to his power complex. Also low-key ERPā€™s. Bruh lmao

we all know ERP rules arenā€™t enforced on bee unless itā€™s a copy pasta (hahaha funny 5 erp notes guy hahahah fox hahahhahahaha fuck you)

Itā€™s almost as if itā€™s a good thing that people have differing opinions/perspectives and having people to counter balance the discourse on all sides is healthy for the overall state of the discussion.

yes bro but trying to empower the role you primarily play doesnā€™t sound skewed to you at all???
oh wait you primarily play sec too so you donā€™t see anything wrong with it lol