Council Member Election Discussion

If thatā€™s the case then all good.

I thought the idea on the botany discussion though was that they were arming with lethals and they should provide them to sec rather than make the plants themselves. Same with the mech argument of giving combat Mechs to sec. Making lethal anything for the purposes of research is always allowed if itā€™s kept within your own department and not used to powergame. (Not trying to turn this into a botany discussion though)

just move combat mech stuff into some new sec job that was suggested? (armorer, gunsmith, secgineer)
problem solved.

The gist of the argument seemed to me that the powergaming rules have a loophole if you can roundstart rush hundreds of killer tomatoes and a bag full of armblade melting acidic apples on a greenshift. Research is all well and good but if someone every round was doing the same thing to max their combat potential then it still feels like powergaming, especially when theyā€™re specifically using these weapons for personal protection only.

Security isnā€™t allowed to walk around in riot armour and combat shotguns even on roundstart blueshift so the rules do seem uneven presently. Anyways thatā€™s a discussion best continued in that channel.

I wonder how would this election be if crusader was still here

Heā€™d start rapid fire shitposting about it and would have a decent chance at actually winning.

Say what now mister head admin? Then why did I get slapped with a two week antag ban for it :thinking:

Few days ago was also told by an admin on LRP that its not allowed. When I sent an ahelp because I noticed flavortext changed breh

Damn, thatā€™s quite a discrepancy to be honest. Iā€™ll make a vote on it to make sure it doesnā€™t happen in the future.

EDIT: No, Iā€™m just retarded and all the changes jumbled my memory. IAA murderboning on LRP is not allowed.

@Ruediger4

@Ruediger4

Iā€™ve moved over to MRP a while ago though, got tired of LRP.

LRP is like pure powergame play now since that everyone started copying my actions from a year ago honk.

I threw my hat in the ring. Donā€™t super expect that Iā€™ll be voted in, donā€™t have the meme power of some people, but hey. Wanna say I tried.

yeah and some of your council rulings have been
ā€˜I AM SEC MAIN PLEASE ADD THIS RULING THAT EMPOWERS SECā€™
Luckily the ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ed ones have been shot down because youā€™re sperging out going
ā€˜PLEASE ADD THIS COUNCIL RULING THAT EMPOWERS SEC YES I PLAY SEC DID YOU KNOW I PLAY SEC I PLAY I PLAY SECā€™
like holy shit dude i get it you play sec stop trying to get sec empowered in almost all council votes

1 Like

Heā€™s a MRP sec main to get easy valids and force people to his power complex. Also low-key ERPā€™s. Bruh lmao

we all know ERP rules arenā€™t enforced on bee unless itā€™s a copy pasta (hahaha funny 5 erp notes guy hahahah fox hahahhahahaha fuck you)

Itā€™s almost as if itā€™s a good thing that people have differing opinions/perspectives and having people to counter balance the discourse on all sides is healthy for the overall state of the discussion.

yes bro but trying to empower the role you primarily play doesnā€™t sound skewed to you at all???
oh wait you primarily play sec too so you donā€™t see anything wrong with it lol

@MaskedCrash - bringing this up as I know you personally (you literally introduced me to SS13 and this server)
You claim youā€™ll support both servers as council, but I know you also personally dislike playing on Golden just like I do. How do you think youā€™ll handle votes that pertain to that server with so little actual playing experience on it? Do you have a solid grasp of what makes the server appealing to those that play on it and/or any solid ideas to help it continue to recover as it has been doing lately?

Thatā€™s very valid points. I admit I donā€™t super know LRP that much. Perhaps I should fix that. Go into chats, and ask people. Even though Iā€™ll probably get a lot of stupid responses, I believe that players, if nothing else, know what they donā€™t like. Also, I have a very vested interest in getting Golden to be enjoyable again to the kind of people that seek that kind of gameplay, so that Sage will be enjoyable again to the MRP crowd.

Heck, maybe Iā€™ll put in a few rounds on Golden. Even if itā€™s not my cup of tea, itā€™s good to expand oneā€™s horizons.

The point is that people that play specific jobs might have better insight in what kind of policies might help said jobs, ā€œhelpā€ here can mean many things so I wonā€™t get into that.

The point of a well balanced council is to have people propose something, for it to then be discussed and then people to vote.

A council that agrees on everything may as well not exist.

2 Likes

32 votes Iā€™ve raised and some of them do pertain to sec of course. Of the many totally unrelated votes Iā€™ve raised have been about removing specific words from the filter, zombie behaviour, roleplay infractions, when to close ban appeals etc.

I even created the ruling which allows you to freely assassinate security on MRP bruh.

The most recent votes relevant to sec Iā€™ve made are about in what circumstances should combat mechs be made; what kind of consequence for non-antags releasing debilitating viruses; and mime validity.

Not much to say on them except theyā€™ve all been hot topics at the time or someone requested me to make a vote. Should I refuse to address these topics just because I play security a lot now?

Security is a role where you often have to have deal with people who cross that line into OOC worthy punishment. As such Iā€™m gonna see more behaviours which are worthy of consideration for the council.

And then those scenarios are presented with voting options which allow everyone to get their opinion across, so Iā€™m failing to see how thereā€™s any empowering when those votes are prompted by others, presented neutrally and none of them were about extending space law.

Anyways, this is off-topic now. If anyone wants to discuss me as player council rep feel free to make a thread, I encourage more feedback and as well as votes to bring to the council. But this thread here is for the current candidates so letā€™s try not get sidetracked again.

How would you feel about ERP?

1 Like

Bruh moment.

20erperp