Common Knowledge

I didn’t say anything was wrong with lizards wearing wigs though :wink:

1 Like

The skill issue is that you either messed up and needed MedBay to fix you with surgery or you’re powergaming implants.
Either way, skill issue. :^)

1 Like

If you shoot someone with a laser gun, they will die.

7 Likes

Thermo dynamic is a great lawset for killing the crew and thats it.

flowers contain bicadrine

1 Like

Isn’t it just poppies?

1 Like

It’s regular ambrosia, poppies, and the two base poppy mutations.

However, there’s little point in making the poppy mutations if you want bicardine, they’re all 20%.

Lily will mutate into trumpet though, and trumpet has the polyoli. Most people know polyoli heals oxygen but it also helps with brute and its overdose is at a massive 50u, so go ahead and make it.

3 Likes

Lizards can’t say “busy”
moff lens flare

16 Likes

Here is a major way to get discovery points, have botany scan plants they get from mutations, they give at least like 300 points a plant (with omega weed giving 777 points). Depending on the station you might be able to do it yourself if botany isn’t wanting to grow a variety of crops

2 Likes

Can also make a single maxcap, although that is kind of neat.

1 Like

Kero has a simple one: Your ID and a pen may be inserted into your PDA, and your PDA may be pocketed in your ID slot.

3 Likes

That reminds me, you can scan heretic pierced reality and it will give you 5000 points

4 Likes

I also feel like mentioning that the tendrils you find on asteroids (the ones you fly to) spawn a few more different mobs that don’t spawn in lavaland which includes things like: Gubbuck/Guthens (the bugs you get milk from in ashwalker villages), basalisks, what ever the mob that grows big is called, and hivelords that also gives you more discovery points.

1 Like

Another reason for Kilo being the superior station since you have an abandoned astheroid with hivelords and basilisks :smug:

the one that grows big is the wumborian fugu, i had to ask since for some reason i forgot and thought it was something with fungu, close enough

1 Like

You can burn open locked cargo crates with lava. You can put two bags of holding together to have fun. You can send explosives down disposals and if you time it right create explosions in random places. You can put anything metal in a microwave to make it explode. Acid is free and makes a good weapon. The chance of an IED instantly exploding on you when using it is about 20-25%. You can use a welding tool to turn glass shards into glass sheets. You can press the Z hotkey to switch a health analyzer into reagent mode where it will examine all the reagents in a person or edible. Gibbing a few hundred cows at once can freeze the server for fourteen minutes. If you’re too stupid to make chloral hydrate you can dual wield syringe guns with morphine. Soap is the most useful weapon and defensive tool. Don’t trust anyone who wont stop moving their character around. Don’t trust anyone who wants to talk to you about anything unless they are asking you for free stuff. Always be nice to people even if they’re breaking into your department for things because friends are the most useful weapon. Always be ready to betray and kill everyone at a moments notice. Always have an escape plan so you can never be boxed in any room. Never allow someone to position themselves in a way where they can easily shoot you. If you don’t want to deal with the AI just cut all the cameras in another area of the station and he’ll spend all round looking at it instead of you. And perhaps the most important thing is learning the admins IC names so that you make sure to never interact with them ever. And ALWAYS powergame in secret.

7 Likes

atmospepe

Now let’s talk about the atmos resin. Can we talk about the atmos resin, please, Mac? I’ve been dying to talk about the resin with you all day, OK?

Don’t break the resin, it’s there for a reason.
You may not know it but for resin to work you need to cover whole area in it, you need to be really careful not to leave pockets of hot air otherwise it will just spread all over the area. Even if area on your side is fine it may be just one tile of resin between you and hellfire, you really don’t want to unleash it.

Jobs that would take 5-10 minutes can take much longer, even up to whole shift because of people who can’t understand that certain area is off limit and not to break resin. Whole rounds came to the end because small local fire was spread by those people around the station.

Just settle down, accept that someone is fixing the area and let them work (fire in your department is an excellent excuse to take a break and visit a bar, watch a clown giving a show on stage or seek guidance from chaplain), if they give you an order not to go somewhere or not to break resin follow it, especially if you are stuck with firefighter and you are getting burned, just tell them that and they will cover you in resin, once it settles temperature on tile with you will drop to 20 degrees C. Trust me, technicians are not taking pleasure from slowly covering the area with resin, nor from keeping you away from your work and they will prioritize hallways and making passages to limit the inconvenience

Not rushing into area restricted by firefighters and not breaking things they set up to deal with a problem is a common knowledge, don’t you dare saying you didn’t know or think of that

Don’t even get me started on this special case of people who see a gate prepared like on the screen below and still decide to break the resin instead of just walking through holofan

atmosresin

10 Likes

I want to see Security arrest people and charge them for 209 (Trespass, Dangerous Areas) and brig them for breaking resin to get in somewhere outside of an emergency.
Thank you.

4 Likes

Coincidentally an easy starter for a Xeno Hive due to its proximity to medbay!

Cyanide is way, way, way less dangerous than you’d think

Oxygen loss is different from breath loss

Heart disease is different from a heart attack and heart damage

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.