CaptainCoom Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):
Pandarangerss(current main) Restarttheround only used this ckey on BD fallout 13 for making restart votes. and most recently CaptainCoom made it because I like the name If accepted I would like CaptainCoomer as the admin account which ill turn into my main
Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):
WhydoIexist?#0783
How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone):
PST Weekdays 4pm-9pm generally Weekends all day but I mostly come on later into the day around 4ish to 12am
What changes, if any, would you bring?:
I would like to reduce the number of self antaggers and people not being able to follow simple rules.
How old are you?:
I am 17(will provide my epic face and school id if needed)
Why do you want to be an admin?:
Whenever I’m online around 6-12pm around there, there aren’t any admins on the server and if theres admins they don’t stay on for long. I just want to reduce the number of people intentionally ruining peoples rounds
How long have you been playing SS13?:
Around 1 to 2 years started on TG moved to CM then BD 13 and played BD13 and Bee simultaneously then just settling in bee
How long have you been playing BeeStation?:
I’m not to sure about Bee but its atleast a year long. I believe I started around august-dec 2018
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:
I’d say I’m a 7. Provided I’m not lagging I think I can hold myself in a fight. As far as job skills I like to jump around and learn different jobs. Like now I’m trying to learn the science department I have the basics of robotics down next I’m going to try to learn Xeno. I would say I’m a competent Sec officer and Warden playing Hos would rot my brain. I have Chef down. Other jobs don’t interest me or i’m still learning
On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?:

1. I haven’t really been an admin
    Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13:
    I have never been an admin except on my friends short-lived gmod server
    Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:
    Pandarangerss Restarttheround CaptainCoom
    Your strengths:
    I would say i’m a patient person I like to hear out what the other person has to say.
    Your weaknesses:
    I would most likely would come on during the later hours where admins wouldn’t be on during the weekends. Also probably my recent N word usage from replying to a person calling me the N word via pda so I replied the same back as a habbit.
    Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:
    I don’t really get angry when playing on bee unless I decide to help revive a member of my department when no one else is bothering to heal them but when I go down later in the round they act like i’m not even there so I rarely help other people anymore. As far as being an admin and spectating the game I don’t see what would make me mad
    What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:
    The ability to be patient and make somewhat logical decisions based on what the person did
    What makes a staff team good?:
    Being able to communicate and understand what the community wants and needs.
    What is a staff team’s purpose?:
    To keep the players satisfied by upholding server rules and provide that they have a good experience so their round isn’t ruined by someone who isn’t following rules like self antagging
    What kind of player are you?:
    Ingame I mostly do whatever my job requires me to do. If I spawn in as a Chef I spend the round in the kitchen defending and making food. That applies to whatever job unless i’m an antagonist which i’ll leave my duties to do my antag goals.
    How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:
    It would mean I would be less playing in-game and more of watching people handling tickets etc.
    The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:
    If its HoS’s unique multiphase weapon I would give him a warning not to do that again. It’s a unique weapon with only one spawn and cannot be brought into the round again. Traitors often have the task to steal such items as the one in the Captain’s office. If he continues after the warning I would probably issue him a short ban depending on the timespan apart from the first incident.
    A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Well he’s not an antagonist and he’s intentionally spreading plasma around the station which can mean plasma fires. I would most likely permaban the person and make them write an appeal on why they did it on the forums.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:
I would do nothing about this incident unless questioned I would just ask him even though it was an obvious accident. He accidentally blew himself up along with the chem machine which could be replaced and he harmed no one but himself

Sorry if I wrote too much just trying to get info out

Will wait for other staff before inputing a decision.

17, only wants the position because it’s open, that alone is enough for me to discourage voting. Says he wants to be on late as his reason then says it’s his weakness ???
Answers are mediocre at best

Why does he sound like such a cuck that is basically a furry
I mean he’s from BD and I played on BD and all they did was erp hurr durr haha fun

I’m at a +/- at the moment with certain parts of the application, I can honestly see you tried to elaborate a good bit here. With the plasmaflooder question I feel it was elaborated but in the hindsight I’ll tell ya what most admins do in these situations. We first check their antagonist status, if they aren’t one usually that’s then a case of admin prisoning them to put them out of the station to restrict any more damage. Then it’s a case of bwoinking them and asking them a series of questions, once they’ve been dealt with what I usually do is stabilise atmospherics in the area to which plasma was released to clear it and to return it to a normal state.

Quick question have you made a test server to test out the Admin commands/tools?

Other than this, you seem decent enough to give a shot. What I don’t agree with here is that the Clown can be dealt with IC’ly and you can teleport the gun back to the HoS locker without actually punishing anyone. Remember, less admin intervention is nearly always for the better.

+1.5

Checking back over the application I’d be happy to throw a +1.5 as the answers do seem fairly solid.

T=3

I’m just gonna give a +1 after reading this.

Current Tally = +4

Can you tell me how to setup a test server? I surely will after I can set it up

download a copy of the beestation source code off of github, then load up the beestation.dmb file inside in dream maker and compile it, then use dream daemon to start a server.

i think its the dmb file

+1 lots of playtime, good answers, and fairly clean record

oh boy you are gonna learn to powergame xenobiology ?

Total is currently at a +5.

Seems ok. +1 for now.

+1 as the answers are pretty good only the last one is a bit iffy. Bwoinking the clown for robusting the HoS is cringe, it’s literally him doing his job.

Tally is +7.

+1
bro let me vote bro
tally is now +8

Tally still +7.

Nah, not needed.

Unless you used another CKEY, that’s sliiightly wrong-ish.

pandarangerss’ first connection was mid-march of 2019.

you’ll want to learn some basic atmos my dude, since most griefers love plasma/n2o flooding and toxins.

plus it’s fun provided you are into it, but if not, at least learn basics.

As 90% of the time, question time:tm:

• LRP. Traitor RD goes to robotics, kills the roboticists there and borgs them, emagging them on the process to enslave them. One of the borgs uses his laser gun as an emagged secborg to shoot the RD dead as soon as he uses a Chameleon Mask and Agent ID to change identity. Valid? Not valid? Any rules broken?

• MRP. An ERT squad is sent into the station to aid the station against a Blob during a Changeling round. Lings and ERT alike meet each other and, instead of killing each other, focus on the Blob. Is this okay? Rules broken?

• LRP. A fellow admin spawns himself as a Nuclear Operative during a nuke ops round, kills the Nuke Ops Leader and assumes his role. Is this okay?

1. The RD emagged the borg making them apart of the same team. The borg knowingly saw the RD change his identity so he knows that the RD is disguised which means he’s valid. Rule 4
  2. I think this one is somewhat hard to answer. They’re working together to stop a round ending threat the blob they’re not reigning hell on the station’s occupants but ridding of an antag that will end the round if not stopped. If I remember correctly working with a known antag as a non antag makes you valid. I kinda have two opinions on this. A They should’ve killed the lings before focusing on the blob B They work together to kill the blob then two parties duke it out. Rule 2
  3. Admin powers should not be used to give yourself or others a roles or items outside of admin events. The person who was killed should be granted an antag token or respawned if its not to far into the round.

Can you explain further? As in, he’s valid and nothing else?

This is not a full answer really. Was it okay? Was it not? Take your time and think.

3 is fine, but i’d like to clear up those two.