Can we ban "Nya"

It’s unironically cringe

9 Likes

NYO NYA!
harvester(10) : NYA

3 Likes

nya~

4 Likes

Nah we shouldn’t ban “Nya” it’s a pretty immersive addition made by the community that depicts the harsh reality of living in a research space station with the constant dangers (such as extreme boredom) lurking around.

2 Likes

You can’t ban nya, or else i can’t get my free “be cringy pass” when cat surgeon molest me in maint.

3 Likes

Incorrect.

It is a sign of mental instability caused by being a cat.

2 Likes

i mean honestly can we? its pretty LRP and immersion breaking for the server as a whole, would a poor little research expected someone named “nyarisa gomseon” to work with him then just say nyas al the time? honestly incredibly LRP behavior. As per rule we should acts like adults in a space station i dont see any adults yelling nya round

7 Likes

“Wow look, I’m so cute and original and gosh everyone loves me!”
Gets jailed for cringe 5 mins later.

2 Likes

In office life, you always hear your co-workers scream “nya~~~~”!

2 Likes

Add uwu and owo to the list too

2 Likes

If rule against netspeak covers things like ‘lol’ and ‘wtf’ which are now common in everyday speech then I would argue that ‘nya’ is very much breaking the rules and its admins that are actually not enforcing the rule.

Sorry but you can’t ban one and not the other.
We either stick to the rule (which I actually believe to be a bad rule for rp, just like naming rules forcing to stick to specific culture or race or to avoid referencing famous people, they may be acceptable for low rp to keep things civil but they don’t have sense at all for supposedly RP server) or we get rid of it, not selectively use it to ban certain words but then keep the ones admins find amusing

4 Likes

who the fuck says “lol” and “wtf” in real life who’s above the age of 14

2 Likes

they’ve been in the list for fucking ages

1 Like

Having a name like that actually does get you slapped.

Already filtered.

I don’t think having felinids acting exactly like humans is better than felinids sprinkling in a nya every now and then.

1 Like

A copypaste human race is still better than a walking internet meme about weaboos.

6 Likes

Doesn’t have to be a meme if you don’t play it like one.

When when you play felinid but exclusively mime and can’t/won’t say “Nya”.

:muscle::sunglasses: :+1:

1 Like

Stop saying this word, cta.

2 Likes

Can you explain why you think it’s better to have felinids spamming nya than the ones who speak normally?

2 Likes

No.

Kind of a difference in spamming it and sprinkling it here and there for a funny. Also I like it.