Calling someone shitsec should be considered netspeak and a banable offence

see sec doing job
Shitsec

Crewmembers calling people shitsec or shitcurity seems what a player would do, not a ingame character

4 Likes

If a sec officer is doing a horrible job and you want to vent your frustrations, calling them shitsec is much more concise and straight to the point than writing something like ‘Corrupt space security officer.’ Shitsec gets the job done, conveys what point you’re trying to make perfectly, and leaves no room for interpretation.

12 Likes

There you said the funny word, to bad everyone and their mother uses it and its lost pretty much all meaning other than I am mad at this security player,

Too ingrained into common space language, I’d strongly say it’s not netspeak, otherwise stuff like Benos or Nukies is also considered as so.

2 Likes

Filter,

Everything has a start, its a bandaid fix for now,

All the people who I saw use the word, do it in bad faith, contributing nothing,

From my experiments only shitters and self antaggers use it to get a response out of sec

2 Likes

Filtering would do nothing, People would come up with an alternative the moment you add one, and if you’re concerning about those, do the next most logical thing, shove them on the floor, and mock them back.

An eye for an eye and the world goes blind.

1 Like

This is an RP server, I dont think “shitsec” and its variations are rp friendly words if I did not make it that clear enough

The term shitsec is more directed at the player, not the ingame character

2 Likes

its a shortened version for shitty security and perfectly acceptable just like hos and cap are perfectly acceptable shortened versions of head of security and captain. ALSO tell me your definition of netspeak.

there was alot of chaos the last time words got filtered.

Lets not forget that short hand for bad captain is Condom too, that shit is hilarious, while the word technically has no purpose on the server aside from the spess station 13 use as “shitter captain” we don’t ban, filter or consider it LRP/NRP because aforementioned funi

2 Likes

I agree honestly (replying to the original post, i hate the term shitsec)

is… Condom hilarious?

3 Likes

ok, at best hilarious, at worst mildly humorous.

1 Like

Other than it saying it is on the BYOND server list, what about Bee Station makes you think it’s an RP server? The hoards of shitters from golden that don’t get banned despite constant LRP behaviour? Or maybe it’s the constant net speak and powergaming?

Bee is LRP. The term “shitsec” is the least of our issues here. How about we focus on real issues like the borked wiki and burnt out admin team.

3 Likes

careful, the powahs tha be don like it when the mention of how things are how they want things to be don’t align, there’s a long list of folks who got hit in the last crackdown.

course the state of things right now isn’t terrible if you ask me but then again, all I’ve really known as 2021 to present be.

So long as 2020 time capsule the clown doesn’t come back I’m not going to have an aneurism RP wise.

i personally prefer to call them copper, piggy or fed

but yeah if shitsec is considered netspeak then so should nukies, benos, revs, rev, lings etc.

maybe even cap/hos/cmo/ce/rd n shit but probably not

oh well

we should totally just make all SS13 terms and slang into netspeak since that would be on brand for us :^)

1 Like

If I get “cracked down” on for spitting truth, so be it. I haven’t said anything speculative, just straight facts.

I’m not impressed with how the shittery is being handled and neither should anyone else be.

If the admins look at that and can’t take the criticism, I’m over it. I applied for mod and got almost entirely ignored for a month so no one can say “apply for staff if you think you could do it better”. I did, and it was a waste of time.

4 Likes

only if we get to think up new IC slang terms for various ss13 thingies

Tis an unfortunate thing that getting abit wacky in both gameplay and in character is currently frowned upon. while a friendly new player experience is important given the way the server is presented and advertized, having a bit of netspeak-esq flavor and some leway to embrace the mayhem of a decaying situation with all it’s consequences is also good as both are a prelude to what to expect if you really do branch out to a new server.