Bring back the revolution gamemode, but make it as rare as wizard

Personally, some of my best memories in space station are being barricaded in the bridge, preparing for a last stand against a horde of vicious, ravenous tiders, hungry for blood. The tense gameplay isn’t really replicated by superpowered cultists or the one hit infection zombies, the dynamic is just too different. I fully agree it’s not great for roleplay, having everyone be antag, but it’s so classic to SS13 it’s a shame to not see it anymore. So make it rare, like wizard. All the super hordes are already rare, like xenos or zombies, and those are pretty classic too. So bring back revs, but make them rarer, so it’s not super disruptive or super common. I agree how it was before it was too much, but literally 0 is far too few.

Seriously, I fondly remember being made honorary captain as clown by the revs one time, having the round go from uneasy, to tense, to boiling into open warfare as HoP, remember the class in-department warfare to subtly secure medbay as a base for healing and for other revs as doctor. It’s such a good gamemode, it’s such a shame it’s totally gone from the game.

Please, bring revs back.

4 Likes
Bring Back Revs?
  • Yes, just like they were before
  • Yes, but make them less common
  • No, keep them removed
0 voters

Cult and clock cult should be together for even more dynamic gameplay, and the empty spot left by the merge can be filled by revolution.

To reduce LRP, perhaps remove kill as an objective so you must maroon them?

1 Like

Revs were controversial mainly due to how they operate, as technically, with some gimmickery from both sides they could conceal their identities and essentially drag into a stalemate the round.

My proposal to unfuck Revs is to quite literally have a Rev reveal pop treshold like cult, where the crew can see who’re the revs, but revs can also see who’s the head even with the aftermentioned gimmicks.

2 Likes

Having revs be its own gamemode is what ruins it, they should be an antag just like any other and killing or marooning the heads on either side shouldn’t abruptly end the round.

3 Likes

If you want this to work you need a strict head count
if we have all heads of staff slots filled sure go buckwild and spawn in the revs
if there is only a cmo fuck off

1 Like

My conditions for revolution coming back are to restrict them with the following conditions:

• Server population is 40+
  • Conversion is slower than a quick flash
  • Station has a Captain and at least four heads
  • Security is staffed at least moderately
  • Miners and explorers are invalid options for starting Rev
  • Revolution does not prevent shuttle calls or cause immediate and unceremonious round endings. Victory for revs should probably trigger an evacuation though.
10 Likes

Fuck that, heads are going to shuttle call red alert within the first flash
The rest sounds good tho

1 Like

It could always force a shuttle delay instead, but I don’t like any antagonists that permanently lock down evacuation as an option, and one of the biggest problems revs had was the stalemates with no end in sight.

The other big one was devolving into a TDM with little or no RP, but I’m not sure what can exactly fix that side.

4 Likes

Ruko ruko ruko remember on Golden,

2 hour rev round
0 revs left
all heads fine
final headrev was a mime hiding in a maints locker

2 Likes

The only ban I’m proud of, guy hiding for 40mins straight

7 Likes

I really want revolutionaries back, but the problem of head revs or heads of staff hiding in space or plainclothes needs to be solved. If the primary objective was to take over the bridge or there was some other victory state then I would be happy with it

6 Likes

Perhaps replace the flash with a regular hypnotic flash to make it a challenge and whoever you convert have you as a master.

So… almost a full Command team? I’d say any combination of Security and Command as long as you got at least 7.

Automated spawning of a CC role? Like a Death Squad or such.

Bridge is painful to defend other than maybe Fland and Rad, and even that isn’t good.

Perhaps Head Revs can hack communication consoles and contact the Syndicate or some other organization and send them a custom EVAC shuttle? This would announce the coordinates of the communication console and would only be able to be recalled on that one console. Destroying it also works.

1 Like

I would like revs more if people used it as an opportunity to use the crafted weapons and items instead of cheese strats like chem grenades and xenobio mob spam. 15 crew armed with spears and cleavers vs 5 heads and security officers is a way more fun fight than someone running at you with a meth bomb in hand.

1 Like

Hmm that sounds pretty good, you could even spice it up a little bit. Syndicate shuttle arrives with a nuclear operative or two if you don’t destroy the console in time. Force heads and sec to be the aggressors instead of turtling in the brig once they get a couple crates of mindshields.

1 Like

Just make it so any1 who stays in a locker/crate for longer then 5 minutes count as exiled

2 Likes

I can only really see it working as a round ending threat like Xenos. Its a conversion antag, but in its most basic form. It would be alright if it only occured really late into a round as a high threat midround. It could prioritize people in poor moods maybe, or in certain positions. It feels weird having people arrive on the station and immediately start revolting and prepping. I think latejoin/midround with high threat on dynamic could work, but I think its less interesting than the alternatives for that kind of thing.

1 Like

Yeah that’s probably better put than my variant, however the heads-revheads reveal should be a thing regardless, as that’s the main reason for stalemates.

Doesn’t TG have a more acceptable system for revs? where round continues when the revhead dies, i remember a text appearing saying ‘‘the head revs will be removed from medical records’’ but unsure if they immediatly make them go DNR and it’s just flavor text, idk how it is for when the revs win and kill the heads.

2 Likes