Blueturbo47 Ban Appeal By Brother_Jeff

In many cases, yes I would. Not in all cases, but let’s swap a Wizard in for the clown in this scenario.

Wizard shows up at HoP line and chooses make a demand. HoP respects the fact the Wizard didn’t simply murder them as wizards are known for and complies with the demand for AA.

So far, no I don’t have a problem. HoP was at the mercy of a Wizard that could easily kill them and do it themselves

Now let’s present two scenarios from here:

• Wizard fucks off and HoP, no longer at the mercy of “gunpoint”, alerts security and begins to think of how to act against the antagonist and protect the station as a member of command should do.
  • Wizard heads out and the HoP goes with them to help them with their general endeavors of antagonizing the crew, including interfering with the station’s security force that is trying to apprehend them.

First case, no, the HoP did not self-antag - they complied with a threat to cover their own ass but still proceeded to act as a head of staff and in the best interests of the station and crew.

Second case, the HoP decides to fuck off from their duties and literally join the antagonist in their antagonizing, going so far as to subvert security.

Now take all of that and replace the threatening Wizard with a non-threatening clown.

It makes no sense to surrender to the clown and makes for bad command to join them in antagonizing the crew and security as the station’s second in command.

Respect space law and standard operating procedures. Committing minor crimes is justifiable through roleplay,

Heads of Staff are held to higher standards than regular crewmembers. You are expected to be a competent person and competent at your job.

being uncooperative with someone that could send your ass to brazil is not role play tho

He gave the clown aa. Clown got arrested. HE SAVED CLOWN MULTIPLE TIMES AND EVEN STRIPPED AN OFFICER TO DO SO. On sage, mind you

2 Likes

Which is why I literally suggested going along with it was okay. Being held at gunpoint and complying is one thing. Being complicit well after that fact, and literally helping the person who held you at gunpoint escape sec is another.

Acting like it was a gunpoint situation when it’s an unarmed clown is on a whole other level as well

You can’t know it’s an unarmed clown in the initial encounter, you have the benefit of hindsight/admin logs for that.

oh i get it. blue couldn’t have given aa bc he felt threatened bc he helped the person making the threat right afterwards. so it was self-antag through giving aa to a pro-equality clown who was making death threats

but “threat” is loosely defined. if the bitch has a gun and/or is a wizard ur good :white_check_mark:

I do know he continued to aid the clown indefinitely for the rest of the round. I know he was never actually feeling threatened at all because of this and his willingness to defend the clown from sec.

The clown immediately calling out the admin that banned him for banning him also calls other things into question.

If you want a server where players can self antag under the assumption that a player making threats may be obeyed without resistance and without any proof, you’re in the wrong place.

The reasoning is flimsy at best, ban should stay.

Also stunning and cuffing an officer then full stripping them because they were doing their job is pretty shitty.

Your line has shutters for a reason.

Even if he doesnt know how dangerous the clown is he can always shut the shutters or just use the wall flash on him

Yeah, the rest of it isn’t defensible, I took issue with the reasoning “Gave the clown AA”. I semi-regularly give jobs AA, especially jobs like Paramedic and Detective (and yeah, the occasional clown). Giving out AA alone should never be a reason for a ban unless you’re giving to to everyone.

This is mostly irrelevant. If you give anyone AA you should fully expect everyone to have it. Because 9/10 times either the person you gave it to distributes it, or dies and the person who gets their ID does.

Extended access can greatly increase the efficiency of certain jobs, but you should very rarely give out all access.

1 Like

Just give them extended access, I see no reason why detective needs captain’s office access or ID console.

1 Like

The only case when giving AA is excusable is when there is an immediate need to give the person extended access and the time it takes to choose specific access is too long, the need is so pressing.

LIke wizard. Or nukies.

In all other cases you have time to remove relevant parts, like ID console and cap’s office.

I had honkhardsuit on- and sunglasses- and syndicate cards. I wouldn’t of hurt hop as a non antag but I had enough to back myself up

How did I fuck up the round

Bruh the captain was literally ordering the sec department to let me and hop do what we went to sec to do but the sec was attacking us anyway. That’s subverting the chain of command as a non antag to the Max. Also killed and stripped me and hop- where’s the ban for that literal murder

I don’t disagree, but I don’t see why that’s handled out-of-character via bans as opposed to in-character via demotion as long as the person has even the flimsiest reasoning to give it to the person.

If you won’t face consequences IC, you’ll face them OOC.

I think that perspective just doesn’t really value roleplay to be honest.

its annoying af when a shitter clown goes around fucking with stuff with aa and its a 10 day command ban . but then again ive been clown and given aa a couple times on sage and really dont think that most the players support banning someone like this if its not giving the clown aa every round.