Admin’s CKEY: brother_jeff

Is this for both servers or just one? If so, which one: both

Which server did the ban happen on? sage

Ban Type: job

Ban Length: 10 days

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY): 11-9-20

Round ID: 23628

Ban Reason: Gave AA to the clown

Appeal Reason: I gave perfectly good reason on why I gave clown aa, and how I didn’t deserve a ban, Jeff decided to ban me anyway without getting a conclusion from the bwoink and I couldn’t say anything further because of how he handled it. I had given clown aa JUST TO HIM and DIDNT DISTRIBUTE IT AND HAD A GOOD REASON TO GIVE HIM IT, WHICH ISNT AGAINST THE RULES. Yes I’ve been banned in the past because of this but I’ve been banned for the same amount on lrp for even less then this. Logs and

Additional Information: Durr disagrees with my ban and has talked about it on his stream.

Since Bloons wanted to play games about formatting

Appeal Reason: I gave perfectly good reason on why I gave clown aa, and how I didn’t deserve a ban, Jeff decided to ban me anyway without getting a conclusion from the bwoink and I couldn’t say anything further because of how he handled it. I had given clown aa JUST TO HIM and DIDNT DISTRIBUTE IT AND HAD A GOOD REASON TO GIVE HIM IT, WHICH ISNT AGAINST THE RULES. Yes I’ve been banned in the past because of this but I’ve been banned for the same amount on lrp for even less then this. Logs and

Additional Information: Durr disagrees with my ban and has talked about it on his stream.

what was the reason … if u want to include it

2 Likes

from what i recall your reason why you gave the clown aa was “well im a felinid and the clown didn’t call me a felinid/furry unlike everybody else so I gave him AA”

I had several different reasons, not just because the clown didn’t call me a furry.

What do you mean by what was the reason?

reason for giving the clown aa. Wait u were saying that giving the clown aa in general isn’t against the rules?

i side with giving the clown aa btw. Clown doesn’t even have maintenance access. Pathetic!

Reason I gave clown as were
1 - They threatened to kill me
2 - They didn’t call me a furry despite almost everyone calling me one and didn’t mess up my gender. (Gender part not in the bwoink)
3 - Clown can distract crew and cause less antags to kill people (Not in bwoink)
4 - Clown didn’t like sec and I prefer my department over sec department. (Not in bwoink)
5 - How would a antag magically get clown hardsuit (Not in bwoink)

The ticket
  • Brother_jeff: what are you doing
  • Blueturbo47: helping clown
  • Brother_jeff: why?
  • Blueturbo47: beccause i like clown, and they havent called me a furry yet despite being a felind
  • Brother_jeff: people have been saying that you gave him aa, let him into armory, gave him the hand tele, and did you fullstrip a sec officer and throw him into disposals cuffed?
  • Blueturbo47: i didnt give him hand tele, i gave him aa because he said he was gonna kill me and was very powerful, the sec officer was trying to arrest clown and me despite me saying multiple times not to and it would be a bad idea.
  • Brother_jeff: giving aa to somebody because of that reason is very bad
  • Blueturbo47: its still a reason, there is no rule against giving someone aa for a reason
  • Brother_jeff: the forums, under rulings, "Heads of staff who indiscriminately distribute access without good reason will be bwoinked, and potentially receive rolebans if the behavior persists.
  • Brother_jeff: “This does not include HoP/Captain granting all access for reasons like Nuke Ops or other stationwide crisis, but does include HoP opening line and granting AA to anyone who walks by for no reason. The most likely outcome of doing this is that you will aid antagonists and contribute to people getting killed when they greytide into places they shouldn’t be. This is considered to be self-antag”
  • Blueturbo47: i mean not getting killed is a good reason.
  • Blueturbo47: And i didnt distruibute access, i just gave it to clown
  • Brother_jeff: Still, giving AA to somebody “because he didn’t call me a felinid” is still an illegitimate reason to give it out. Very little of an RP reason too
  • Blueturbo47: thats not the only reason, i also said its because he was saying he would kill me, and felind opression is a thing in ss13, im called a furry almost every day and its weird how clown didnt call me one, you dont play felind so you dont know, its a rp reason to me maybe not to you though.
  • Brother_jeff: you have a baton and an energy gun on you, you can call sec
  • Brother_jeff: has created a local temporary 10 days role ban

I support this ban, and agree that your reason wasn’t a good reason at all. The clown basically claimed that they were antag to you and you gave them AA in response.
You’re not suited to command staff if a death threat is all it takes to make you start helping a player more or less proclaiming themself to be and acting like an antag.

1 Like

Ban is totally fine, you had no reason to give him AA.

Would you ban a command player who gave a wizard their objective item if they demanded it?

Was the clown a wizard?

Or did the clown get AA for no reason, and then proceeded to use their AA to screw up the round for everyone else?

Is whether or not he was specifically a wizard all that relevant to the ruling? Also, I played in that round and it wasn’t ruined for me, the clown made some pretty good nanites and then also memed with them and when it started lagging the round he fixed them.

My problem with rulings like these where you just close off who can get given what by command is that you’re also closing off the opportunity for antagonists to socially engineer this outcome as part of their job of antagonist.

Part of your in-character job as HOP is to determine who is deserving of more access and who isn’t, and dealing with the ramifications of that extra granted access, whether you unknowingly gave virology access to an antagonist, whether you let a cultist down to Lavaland, whatever. The fact that people can go fuck up the round is part of the intended outcomes of the HOP job and the responsibility to not fuck up the round should be falling to the non-antagonist clown to regulate his behaviour, not the HOP, so long as the HOP isn’t being egregious and giving out AA to literally everybody (even though there are times where that, too, is allowed, such as nukies).

All specifics aside, the HOP is designed to be a human vector through which players can kill/steal/socially engineer increased access for various puposes, and banning someone for giving a specific player (read: not indiscriminate) All Access based on that player’s subsequent rulebreaking behaviour risks suffocating the ability for future players and antagonists to socially engineer their way into increased/all access due to the potential for out-of-game consequences, even though determining those access changes is a fundamental part of the HoP’s job.

And yet giving clown aa because he threatened you is ridiculous. One thing is giving him your id card because he yelled at you somewhere in maint, the other is NOT calling sec when a random pulls up to your reinforced, equipped with shutters office with death threats.
Also he himself stated that “i prefer my department over sec” as a reason to give it away, fuck him.
Edit: i also like how throughout his reasoning to give it away he just states the facts of “clown was nice to me”, “clown threatened to kill me”, “clown isnt a big deal”, “clown can distract other antags” all in one, VERRRRRRRYY NICE

the clown role would have the most leeway when it comes to passing out AA. i think acting as though the clown should never be given AA is overly aggressive

2 Likes

Oh it should be given away, but if you get banned for it dont expect me not to go “got what was coming”
Edit: he also fullstripped and dumped an officer for doing his job, which may i remind you: IS NOW BANNABLE EVEN ON L R FUCKING P. And he has the audacity to even try to appeal

all i am trying to say, like i have said in the past, is that the game is structured in a way that shenanigans, like giving the clown aa, are normal. do u really think there is gonna be widespread shock and awe bc the clown got aa?

also that type of ban doesn’t really happen on lrp. updated policy or not

1 Like

I full stripped the officer because I told him not to arrest me or clown again, he almost cuffed us both and we had barely gotten up before I was able to stun and cuff the officer, it was mostly self defence and the officer could of just walked out of disposals, I didn’t even hide his stuff from him.