Ban Length:
Two weeks.
Ban Date:
2021-09-02
Round ID:
Ban Reason:
“End of Round Grief prepping, Constant abuse of fusion.”
Appeal Reason:
I made a really hot oxygen canister on the emergency shuttle as an antagonist, and I was banned for “EORG prep”, which I could not find anything about in the rules, and “constant abuse of fusion” is a questionable claim as this is the only time I’ve done something like this, and my fusion set-ups are usually very safe.
Additional Information:
I will say again here, that there are no rules regarding EORG, and I was an antagonist.

“Godawful history” was also mentioned, most of my bans and notes are years old.

EORG itself is not against the rules, but explicitly prepping for EORG is.

Powergaming rules apply until the end of the round (after the shuttle docks). Trying to obtain anything exclusively for the sake of EORG violates this rule. Its case if not keeping your actions IC because you’re prepping for something you know is coming OOC while the round is still ongoing.

Prepping for EORG is what frequently causes shuttle rides to devolve into utter chaos as well.

That said, being an antagonist exempts you from powergaming rules

I’m going to disagree with your claim of this being ‘the only time’

You have a very notable history of activity like this, and even a cursory examination of the discord brings up a rather large amounts of complaints against you and your behavior, including a rather blatant disregard for actually listening to what you’re told.

1 Like

I don’t think more needs to be said.

As long as fusion wasn’t used to murderbone it should’ve been fine.

This should be elaborated upon still, imo.
If this is a constant/regular problem on your end even when you’re not an antagonist, it should still be addressed.

Being uncooperative in ahelps is also its own problem, and you definitely were here just from the snippet, and also were uncooperative enough yesterday that I suggested you should have been banned for it.

People were complaining about the fusion set-ups not being safe enough, so I started adding reinforced plasma windows.

People were complaining about too much radiation, so I started adding radiation collectors and reinforced walls.

People were complaining about it not being useful enough, so I started using it as a way to generate dumb amounts of power with the TEG.

I did none of that in this particular round because I was an Antagonist.

My fusion set-up has only leaked twice (both of which were not my fault), one time it was a not-so smart Chief Engineer that released the holofirelock because he thought he could space the fusion with a one-tile breach, the other was a random person that found the remote that controls the holofirelocks, and started pressing the shiny buttons on it like an actual monkey, both of those leaks were contained to Atmospherics, by the way, my fusion has never left Atmospherics/Engineering.

There is also the matter of people running into Atmospherics like it’s an open buffet and then shit-talking me for getting irradiated to hell, I have at least two geiger counters going haywire near the fusion at any given time, the least I expect is people to use their brains, and they should not even be in Atmospherics in the first place, it’s a high-security area and they have no business in there, I don’t see the need to try and protect people that shouldn’t even be there in the first place, I always tell them that they will die if they enter.

By the way, francinum loves to varedit the gas miners to stop creating gas, and does it quite often.

I will say again, I was an Antagonist that round. The only reason I even made the fusion was because I misinterpreted what an emagged geiger counter does, I was under the impression that it would absorb and store rads in the area.

tl;dr everything that ever went wrong with my fusion was caused by some external factor not related to me, but obviously I receive all of the blame.

2 Likes

Would you leave a max cap TTV with signaller attached laying around?

I don’t know how to make maxcaps.

“By the way, francinum loves to varedit the gas miners to stop creating gas, and does it quite often.”

This is not related to your appeal, or even to what you were saying.

“There is also the matter of people running into Atmospherics like it’s an open buffet and then shit-talking me for getting irradiated to hell, I have at least two geiger counters going haywire near the fusion at any given time, the least I expect is people to use their brains, and they should not even be in Atmospherics in the first place, it’s a high-security area and they have no business in there, I don’t see the need to try and protect people that shouldn’t even be there in the first place, I always tell them that they will die if they enter.”

What about the other atmospheric technicians? What about engineers? The CE?

“tl;dr everything that ever went wrong with my fusion was caused by some external factor not related to me, but obviously I receive all of the blame.”

I don’t really buy this. There are troves of people complaining about how you do fusion, about how dangerous it is, and tons of people do fusion.

Would support changing the ban to a two-week Atmospheric Technician and CE roleban with the reason of ‘regular fusion abuse.’

They can… wait for it… wear radiation protection.

Yeah, sure, whatever.

1000 people telling the same lie doesn’t make it any more true.

By the way, let’s not change the topic of this ban appeal, I will remind you that I was banned for something that supposedly falls under powergaming, and I was an Antagonist, to whom powergaming rules do not apply, so I’ve broken no rules and my fusion shenanigans that round are also invalid, since I was an antagonist.

If the entire room is calling you an asshole you’re probably an asshole.

I’m not sustaining this conversation any longer, your appeal on the grounds of EORG prepping has been approved. The issue of abuse of fusion has been rejected as you appear unwilling to properly argue in defense.

The substitution you accepted has been approved and a permanent engineering department jobban has been issued, note that use of IC methods to evade this ban will constitute a breach of policy.

You may appeal this engineering job ban at a later date.

This thread has been resolved.