Attention All Security Gamers

Consistent rulings? In MY Beestation?

Bruise packs and ointment are in the emergency medikit. You do not need training to know how to apply a bruise pack or know what it does. I think it is reasonable for a secoff to prefer to fix a minor wound themselves than go down to the dangerous medbay and waste their valuable time getting patched up by a doctor.

dangerous

If you inherently believe seeking care from people other than yourself is dangerous, that’s a very clear mentality problem to me
:thinking:

4 Likes

Bruise packs and ointment are in the emergency medikit. You do not need training to know how to apply a bruise pack or know what it does. I think it is reasonable for a secoff to prefer to fix a minor wound themselves than go down to the dangerous medbay and waste their valuable time getting patched up by a doctor.

The gist of what Ruko (former head admin) was saying is that if you are hurt and see a med kit next to you, by all means go ahead and use it to heal yourself. But don’t take one with you whether it is found or bought nor should you take items out of it to store on your person

medbay is the primary place where bombings and murder sprees occur

Remember that the horrors of ss13 are supposed to be a freak accident and not an every day occurence. Your local hospital is not constantly getting bombed with mass casualties.

4 Likes

If you’re REALLY that insecure about your minute to minute supply of medical supplies.

Go be a brig phys.
or
Go be the medbay SEC officer.

1 Like

That doesn’t change that you have a major mentality problem with how you’re approaching the game.

The goal of the game is not just to survive. It’s to have fun and tell a collective story with others. Your character will, of course, want to survive, but that isn’t and shouldn’t be the penultimate goal.

Playing with such an extreme paranoia is not good.

Yes, that’s exactly what I’m saying in about as few words as possible.

3 Likes

Ok I just want to say that as an engineer I usually grab a medkit if I see one. Could be power gaming but it tends to be an abandoned shit show in engie with only 1-2 people ever in the department. With how critical nothing breaks I see fit to have healing on me. Also when breaches occur it’s good to stop people from dying. Most paramedic don’t have suits.

Workplace accidents be like

On a side note. Why the hell does NT see it fit to have 2 engineers for the entire department while having 3 cargo techs or 2 geneticists.

I mean you only need one competent engie and 1 ai for when said engie dies. But it’s still damned annoying. I had to be a clowngineer on a round with 30 people cause no engies

we need more power sources that don’t tend to fail catastrophically, so that more people don’t feel super intimidated to play engie.

To be fair the only other options is pain stakingly making a super solar panel or hoping miners don’t die and running generators. Teg needs to be nerfed tho. Making more power then a CO2 sm makes no sense. I’ve ran departmental tegs using 2 plasma cans and 2 heater/coolers and they make 6-10 MW a piece

I am opening up a suggestion’s thread for this topic gimme a bit.

1 Like

When a threat has made itself obvious, I think it would be a rational conclusion to draw that medbay will become a high-risk area

then go secure it, every one on the station needs the medbay at somepoint. Don’t just let the shitshow destroy medbay.

1 Like

Co2 SM is remarkably stable and doesn’t require tons of setup. It’s fine the way it is.

It is a matter of when, not if you get smited. This is an exploit

3 Likes

Because nobody actually enjoys playing Engineering. There’s no real gamer loot to gain from it aside from jaws of life and insuls. Also it’s kinda boring to play and in some cases very tedious.

Have you tried to repair/rebuild an APC? That shit is exactly why I avoid playing Engineering.

Also, it’s somehow worse than sec and medical as far as wait for things to fuck up syndrome.

Sit Around and Wait Syndrome as It Relates to Other Departments

Security: With Dynamic Merged there’s always something happening. Otherwise you have average shitter/greytider to chase.
Medical: The maints loot rush tends to mean someone dies. Failing that, shitters hurt someone eventually. Failing that, antags eventually show up and someone will directly or indirectly be hurt. Failing that, there’s problem someone who’s doing something else not covered by this that may or may not injure them.
Cargo: People will order things eventually. When that isn’t happening: bounties. When those aren’t happening: Mail.
Science: Not applicable. Occasionally the source of the fuckening that gives Sec/Med something to do.
Service: Someone will want alcohol, or food, and may also be involved in/the source of the fuckening that gives Sec/Med something to do.

Sit Around and Wait Syndrome in Engineering

You can uh… set up the Supermatter… or solars… or the turbine… or do fusion…

Supermatter setup is largely set it and forget it. Fancy setups exist largely for bragging rights, and aren’t necessarily time consuming. Fancy setups also generally are expected to be stable.

Solars is the definition of set and forget. Really just tedious, and even than not super time consuming.

Turbine is like solars but faster to set up.

Fusion takes a while to set up, and turbine can work as part of the setup. This is however debatably productive for the station and god help you if it gets loose.

Ignoring those… you kinda just wait for things to break, and those broken things are either super simple(wrench/click button) or absurdly large tasks(Fixing a hole from a max cap).

Alternate engines are also cool but outside of the TEG, show up with inconsistent frequency, so I won’t factor them in.

To add to this, when station damage does occur, while we are or have just finished restoring areas then someone on command calls for evac.

The fun parts of engineering for me are building, repairing, and maintenance. The server meta is to start a new round regardless of engineering’s involvement in damage repair.

And it is soul-crushing.

3 Likes

This is what gets me too and why I almost never play engineer anymore.

I’ll gladly teach anyone how to set up any number of Supermatters, and I’ll do it for lowpop rounds too, but actually being the person in charge of repair only to have the station evacuate instead, or worse after the repair is terrible.

2 Likes