Are there any races you would like to see in the game?

The topic came up in another thread, so I thought it would be interesting to hear your thoughts.

@KeroKero suggested a frog race, I think thats amazing

3 Likes

don’t add any meme races or any races that will be played by like 2 people max

Even if it means no frogs, I agree with this sentiment.

Diversity is great, but when a race is barely used it is just a burden to have to keep up with the different quirks.

1 Like

Sadly the ones I can think of are squids and fly people.

I kinda liked Squids

2 Likes

How many apids do you see? I understand it is Beestation, but they seem like a contender for barely used as well.

1 Like

Human / Bird like thing? Something similar to felinids but birds. Yeah.

2 Likes

When “why do two people play apid” comes up in Discord the sentiment is clustered around their lack of customization. Different bee species look different. Also - if you think them being identical drones of each other is too valuable to change… again, like two people play apid.

It’s tough - you need cosmetic preferences for them to get more people on them. That happened when moth customization was expanded. Same with oozlings.

But scarce content as a release model means it’s either personal pet project of one guy to do it, or it’s a sort of rationing of what code bounty goes next.

6 Likes

Kind of makes me wonder if Apids should just allow customizability. Maybe we can make some in-lore reason why that can happen.

2 Likes

I liked being an Apid but the fact that other bees attack you made the RP fun of worshipping a Queen bee
kinda unfun.

3 Likes

Give me ideas and I’ll put money towards a bounty.

2 Likes

grods
:pensive:
ᵗʰᶦˢ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ᶦˢ ᶜˡᵉᵃʳ

3 Likes

That… seems like a bug(the bad kind). Report on the git.

If bees dont attack podfreaks, they shouldnt attack big bees.

2 Likes

Xenos as crew.

20chairs

1 Like

They don’t attack you. You probably experienced a bug that got patched. I was able to explore a bee infested ruin with no stings

speaking of bugs ROACH RACE WHEN BABEY!!!

2 Likes

genuinely @spockye has thousands of ideas since he is the main apid guy here

going on record the second apids get more customization im maining them

6 Likes

Based af

I reckon this is the situation for a lot of people. Bees are cool, I just don’t wanna look exactly the same as everyone else (yes I know that is a bee thing in real life, but this is a game)

Huh, has a server had roach races before?

All I can imagine is this

Or this

6 Likes

goatpeople

1 Like

The last thing you see in maints

2 Likes