Alternative Vault safe drilling goal for nukies?

How would y’all feel about the nukies being tasked with stealing shit from the vault safe (with a drill to drill the safe) as an alternative to the usual nuke goal?
The safe could have some highly valuable documents in it or something, something that the syndicate want.

bonus for having an option for the team to have clown masks, suits and blue gloves during the heist

3 Likes

Seems like a fun BB goal rather then nukies

9 Likes

or Incursion goal, that’d be pretty neat too.

8 Likes

Payday in beestation? awesome. but idk if it should be nukies.

but yeah the payday game mode sounds awesome.

2 Likes

The nukies that did not nuke

4 Likes

thats the stealth assasination team that decided a “minor victory” was the goal of their team.

1 Like

The problem with loud antags having a static objective is it takes only one person to ruin the fun by bombing the area.

3 Likes

nukies are there to nuke the station tho.

make a new antag or add it as a possible obj instead?

1 Like

The people have spoken, clearly this needs to be a new antagonist.
What do we call it? Heist team? Heisters? Robbers? Gang?

Incursion overhaul

2 Likes

I think it still should be a exsisting antag, that being said I can’t resist naming something cool:

• Extractors
  • Renegades
  • Breachers

I saw fulp once trying to make the bomb countdown an actual fight event with nukies vs crew, nukies having to defend the point.
It ended up with either group winning after 1 minute followed by 4 minutes of just waiting around with nothing else happening. (crew usually winning)

Most of the nukie action happens in short burst with separate teams facing off the crew on their own, and risking to be easily overwhelmed or caught off guard, while the captain can run around and avoid danger forcing the nukies to fight most of the crew & slowly get worn down.

1 Like

If this were a new antag, they’d need to be really weak IE an incursion objective, simply because most of the crew would not give a shit about secret documents getting stolen since their lives are not in danger, thus sec would be very easily outmatched by a nukie-level team.

3 Likes

Payday 2 ost my beloved

1 Like

Extraction team

Loud team antagonist spawned with intentions of either theft of a specific object, abduction of a high value target (such as VIP or recovered explorer targets, or perhaps captain), or exfiltration of an imprisoned operative.

Spawn like nuclear operatives with the same gear, but intended to get in, make a mess and get out instead of ending the round.

2 Likes

I can already see the declaration announcement.

“Hi, its your friends at gorlex, we’re coming to either kill someone, take someone or steal something, don’t get in our way or we’ll graciously apply the “kill somone” possibility

1 Like

Here’s the problem -
Nukies, especially war, are balanced around having the crew join in the brawl due to how powerful their gear is.(especially if sec is understaffed, and they can’t really deputise in the midst of fight)

Yet, despite the extreme fear of death, you still have plenty of people on nukies just sitting there, doing their job and ignoring the clear threat unless directly attacked, or even just directly evacuating.

If we struggle to get people to join in and make nukie rounds not a curbstomp already, having a heist team with 0 effect on the rest of the crew (as long as they don’t approach them) will lead to a curbstomp

Also, you are all just describing pirates but OP.

3 Likes

The moral of the story is that its easy to get bad, redundant ideas when conceiving, presenting and viewing them through the lenses of other concepts or domains.

1 Like

Pirates but better then.

1 Like