Alternative Vault safe drilling goal for nukies?

I was thinking, this sounds awesome but as all antags, it depends on the people who play them.

Why would they be stealthy?

What if we made them just explode if they were seen.

:japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Every revolutionary new mode of transportation is just trains but worse

2 Likes

False, every mode of ground transportation since trains has been pale in comparison.

Flight transport such as Planes and Helicopters are both far more detached and insulated from on the terrain they are traversing, even if they also need limited terrains satisfactory area to properly operate between two points.

Boats predate trains and ever since the turbine engine we’ve sort of peaked there, even if it took a while, they also remain relevant in that we cannot create bridges suitable for trains to cross the oceans.

1 Like

:nerd_face: :point_up_2:
You understood the reference i was making, come on

1 Like

Every recoil operated self loading pistol has just been a new spin on Browning’s work since 1911.

Don’t want your nerd analogies ruined by fellow nerds? make your analogies air tight.

1 Like

@Howluinb31153 Wouldn’t the difference between an extraction team and pirates be that they have a specific objective rather than causing generalised chaos.

@PinkSuzuki nah we have enough stealth antaggery, the design core of my idea is “something that makes payday 2 assault music play in my brain”

Pirates have the goal to get money, not “cause generalised chaos”. Making it more specific just means it’d be easier to metagame it.
You already have sec waiting with 20 guys in front of vault, imagine this if they knew where the team would go in advance

And with a clear goal instead of a vague one!

I don’t see the problem

That’s fine, similar to the “// Police assault in progress //” idea in payday. You get to the vault and then the assault starts. maybe a delayed notification?

the idea is that contrary to nukies, the extraction team would be defending a drill or similar from the security team.

is this bait?

hum…

No I think pirates are a generally good antagonist but a bit on the weak side. They’re only really able to fight defenseless crew while standing virtually no chance against sec.

I think another antag similar to pirates but stronger would be a good expansion to loud antags.

I agree with @Howluinb31153 that syndie assault/extraction team could very much be much redundant with the existance of pirates, but I also do agree that yes the pirates are weak and rather wide in scope of “Make money”.

The extraction team would make a refreshing round start or early-mid round antagonist that is less covert than incursions, so seeing as Nuke ops are round ending mayhem and Incursions are stealth pre-inserted traitor teams, I think an Extraction team would have to be an explicitly loud, non-stealthy Antag who has a condensed weapons/gadgets selection geared towards making a big fucking mess

Good pirates obliterate. The level of destruction I can pull off. With just a bulldog and that crazy strong pirate armour is insane.

1 Like

Yeah lol, idk if Ruko is subconsciously baiting but a moderately decent team of Pirates can wipe out unorganized seccies, just the Bulldog user alone has a massive power against unprepared sec.

If you have a decent and robust team of seccies/pirates the others will struggle a lot instead of being a one sided victory, when both sides are balanced the fights drag on for quite a lot and there’s a lot of antagonism, fun engagement and rp but those sadly usually happen on highpop

And not to mention you ocasionally get the Elderson special of Pirate bulldog + —> the nastiest gamer strategies known to man

I’d like to once again state that a “defend the point” gamemode does not work in ss13 in the way you guys are expecting.
This is not payday where cops are infinite, this is SS13 where sec is very finite and considering we’re on mrp, most of the crew won’t ever approach said “Extraction team”.
We’re going to end up with either side drying out within a minute (because fights are fast) and then nothing, with either the station completely in shambles due to losing all of sec or everyone not giving a shit anymore because the baddies are dead.

Unless you manage to make every single person on board want to fight the team, this is going to be a really boring curbstomp on either side.
And, would you believe it, the way to make a “hold the point” mode work in ss13 seems to be a threat of imminent death and justification for everyone to partake - like nukies or cock cult.

2 Likes

This is the big problem, and I see three scenarios.

1. Sec wins. Good job.
  2. Sec loses. Remaining crew go full gamer on the people, they are holding a single position so it’s easy to bust out the chemnades, TTVs, xenobio mob spam, botanist acid plants and have bootleg revs.
  3. Sec loses. Remaining crew do nothing. Boring as shit.

Only the first scenario has a good outcome, but it means sec has nothing to do for the rest of the round since this sounds like it would be a high threat antag on dynamic.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.