CKEY: Kontaminant

Your Discord:

Offender’s CKEY: Aeder1

Offender’s In-Game Name: Acco Bifasciata

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 04-20-2022

Round Number: 37534

Rules Broken: Antag conduct

Incident Description: As a rev head virologist, released lethal virus killing both revs and non revs.

Additional Information:

2 Likes

Pretty curious what the story behind this one is now.
@techtrogs salty as hell too.

I was space exploring and there was a 20 minute shuttle call. Then some random hulk made zero attempt to convert, and instead just murdered me on the shuttle bridge because it’s TDM and space man gotta go sideways (and beat my corpse for 10 minutes for some reason).

I’d say it was some of the lamest shit I’ve ever seen, but then the next round I saw this: The Biggest Loser

I’m going to be real. The player base lately has been fucking AWFUL.

2 Likes

Late spawn dymameme headrev.
Infected 3 heads with a deadly virus killing two of them directly with it and I believe leading to the CE’s death vicariously, however due to to biding my time for so long, they were holed up in security and brig. By the time I released it all other headrevs were dead, and as far as I could see the majority of the crew had died in the fighting. This was confirmed as when I died it was the last of the revolution.

I made the cure for it and cured any revs as I walked around, of which I found exactly two. Since I only infected the HoS and those in brig with it, not randomly firing out in the halls, the people that caught it came into direct contact with them, as it was not airborne.

Big Ided report as several others in OOC called it the MVP move, as in the end it wiped out 90% of command, including the HoS as you see in Ruko’s post.
In addition there was an admeme on in the round.

1 Like

Let me try a recap of how the round went down, correct me where I’m wrong:

A station has a revolution.
There’s dozens of revs.
You release a contagious lethal virus that infects on contact and has 100% mortality rate.
You vaccinate 2 people other than yourself.
Most of station is infected as the people you infect intentionally are central to the whole gamemode (heads of staff) and have close interactions with everyone.
Hallways get filled with mob hearts, blob nodes and blob zombies.
You cause the death of multiple revs (your own team) by your own actions (releasing a virus).

Not only is it murderbone, as you killed even people you should be converting, you also killed your own team.

If you intend on releasing a virus that has intent of killing entire crew, then please… Make sure you have martyr objective or hijack. Besides, you’re an admin, you should have known better. Maybe ask fellow admins for some reminders in rules.

Security may be considered a threat and may be pre-emptively eliminated without provocation, but low-collateral methods must be used to eliminate them.

Revolutionary | Antagonist | N/A | Prioritize converting/deconverting when possible. Revs may freely kill anyone with flash protection/mindshields

I still remain confused. In this case and in the case of meth grenades player report. They don’t have a murderbone clause so I would assume they can’t use high collateral means.

Whats the point of releasing a deadly virus during revs anyway.

That’s just straight up murderboning, revs only need to kill heads, you don’t need a virus for that.

As a senior admin Aeder should know better

11 Likes

I was the AI that round, and was subverted right when someone rushed brig with the disease, yes it infected hos (and warden), cant confirm cap and CE. But the virus wasnt the main cause of Heads death.

First i bolted brig and depowered it, forcing heads to hand tele to xenobio, which then they got swarmed by revs, which resulted in the virus spreading like wildfire, then i turned off the teleporter, forcing them to only do random teleport, captain teleported to a swarm of revs and traitor, killed. Hos and CE fled to maint, Hos then tried to fight , shot the last headrev to death, then died to me shocking the door which earlier an atmos hotwired TEG to grid (My law forced me to kill heads, sec and mindshielded).

Now for CE, if im not wrong the end round report said he escaped alive, so either someone revived him or your disease didnt infect him, but im 99% sure most of the station died to the blob virus and the heart popping out of your chest virus because most of the time command are cowering in brig and were trying to minshield.

Revs can employe diseases if they can reasonbly ensure that it only hits valid targets(sec and command) and/or there are no other options. Cosidering they where(pressumebly) the last head rev. There may be something worth noting that there prevention in friendly fire could be better. But this is not disallowed. Talked with aeder but he did nothing really wrong in this case.

1 Like