Zoom the yearly reapplication

I am NOT looking at my past application or any others, lets see how I do writing this one.

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have):

Zoom9337

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have):

mystery3525 (yes, the one and only)

How often are you online to help? (Timezone):

After 5PM EST

What changes, if any, would you bring?:

To be honest, nothing really. Naming Policy would have been it but it’s a no-easy solution type deal.

How old are you?:

19 :tada:

Why do you want to be a moderator?:

I’ve been getting back into playing SS13 again, and I feel like I should contribute once more to the staff team and codebase as that’s putting in my fair share.

How long have you been playing SS13?:

2020, though really mostly 2022.

How long have you been playing BeeStation?:

December 2021 first join, stopped playing after December 2022, coming back again.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?:

8-9, 1000 living hours

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games):

8-9, I think I do pretty well but I need to stop putting off player reports

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13:

:honeybee:

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?:

No

Your strengths:

My experience and dedication… when I really feel like it, but I promise I’ll be longer this time!

Your weaknesses:

Procrastination and burnout :pensive:

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?:

Ignorancy by choice

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?:

Patience, its like kindergarten here.

What makes a staff team good?:

Being responsive and being able to adapt to the situation both in-round and overall.

What is a staff team’s purpose?:

Facilitate the round and making it enjoyable for everyone, by punishing those who don’t want to play and by introducing new and unique gimmicks that make rounds less boring.

What kind of player are you?:

The kind who would totally play, contribute, and moderate the server all at once.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?:

Not much really

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?:

(Assuming we’re talking about the HoS’s unique gun) Check if the clown is an antagonist of course, then one of these:

• If they are an antagonist, they need the steal objective for the HoS’s gun, as if they aren’t, the spacing the gun clearly doesn’t further their own goal (of acquiring a weapon) and deprives any other antagonist with that objective. A verbal warning/note depending on prior and current conduct and a quick teleport-to-locker for the gun depending on where it ended up (If it’s by a window, sure that can be left there, if it’s someplace no one will go).
  • If they aren’t an antagonist, this is just self-antagonizing. Nothing about their actions can even be remotely related to a funny IC clown-gimmick and they are just being a shitter. Note/escalate depending on if there is prior history.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?:

• Teleport to admin prison (if they aren’t already dead)
  • Check Central Command, if they are banned off other servers for the same behavior just perm ban for griefing with no ticket
  • If not, it’ll still result in a ban, but the time will depend on a variety of factors. Do they have some time and experience on the server? Are they breaking other rules in the process? Why have they done this? Do they understand that what they have done is against the rules? I would shoot for minimum of a week for griefing for a first time offense, this is clearly an intentional action and not some accident with buttons.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?:

• Check playtime and notes. If they have a lot of playtime and no prior this is most likely an accident (Heh the question insinuates that it is indeed an accident) and no action needs to be taken.
  • If they are new, open an ahelp, and ask them what happened? If I can reasonably decipher that it was an accident, then I would forward them to the wiki and the mentors for guidance on chemistry, as it is not an easy subject.
  • Add a note/escalate a note if there was malicious intent/prior history of something similar to this.
2 Likes

Spacing something puts it in a somewhat predictable path for where it will end up. Clown could use this to safely “store” the gun where HoS can’t find it or reach it (without a hardsuit) but the Clown can later into the shift.

I like the app, here are some questions/scenarios

1. If you recognize that you were starting to get burned out, what would you do to help to overcome it?

2. Syndicate agent goes to lavaland to meet up with the comms agents. Their bio-weapon scientists send the agent back with a super deadly virus to spread around the station, many crewmembers die before a vaccine is made. Is their anything wrong with this? Why or why not?

3. The captain is socializing in the bar with other crewmembers when a angry crewmember climbs into the kitchen and begins to destroy the equipment inside with a baseball bat and then begins to beat the chef. The captain jumps in, arrests the chef, and then hands them over to sec. Has any rules been broken?

4. A scientist doing xeno-archeology brings out a dangerous bannanium artifiact to show off to some other crewmembers, the artifact begins to activate itself and begins to both remove clothing and set people on fire. What do you do and what are the issues?

BONUS QUESTION

1. The round has been going on for a long while, with either no-antags or all the antags have been dealt with. Do you bus? If so, what are your ideas to spice up the round?
  1. I’ll need to take it slow, if something is going on I should probably decide to go on break.
  2. Meeting the comms agent is okay, but in this situation my response will depend on if the traitor knowingly brought the virus back. If they did not, then the bio-weapon scientist was just plain greifing (they infected the traitor without telling them, with intention to greif the station). If the traitor knowingly takes the virus back, then if they do not have the proper murderbone objective it will be very bad. Check for prior conduct and issue punishments in antag bans or escalate.
  3. I believe there was no bad-faith effort done here. The Captain has the ability to assist security in accordance with Space Law (if they are staffed) or become security (if there are no security officers present). The Captain is actively witnessing a murder take place, they may step in and intervene on the part of upholding space law as long as they remain in good-faith and returns the crew member to security, which they did.
  4. It depends on if they knew that the artifact itself is dangerous. Yes, it’s a bananium artifact which contains the most volatile elements, but compared to mostly any other thing in science or this game, xenoarch is the newest piece of content in science, not many people can utilize it for it’s full potential like with xenobio. That being said, it is definitely an IC issue, but I would let the scientist know that they probably should be testing artifacts in the lab and not in the middle of the hallway. If they knew it was dangerous, or already tested it and used it in the hallway knowing what it can do, then it would be at the bare minimum LRP, if not griefing.
  5. Depends on how long “a long while” is. We used to say that 1 hour and 30 minutes is the point in which we begin to wind a round down, but that has gotten longer with recent changes to the codebase. If all of the antags have been dealt with, I can introduce a nice player-controlled midround like pirates or maybe xenos :flushed:. If there just were no antags, I would lean on introducing fatigue-inducing non player-controlled threats such as rod or weaker meteors. The answer is you always do little nudges but not outright bussing
1 Like

Mental health is important to take care of during a volunteer position with dealing with people like this. IRL issues should be prioritized over in-game issues. Good response

Honestly this question was more open response than what I imagined it would be after reading over your answer. While I see the thought process, the secret syndicate base is both a observation operation AND bioweapon testing area. Personally I don’t see any issue if the syndicate base staff is the one to request the station agent in bringing the virus up to the station to do a “live” test of it. Though I’m not going to count that against you

Exactly, captain is allowed to intervene if they see a crime be committed in front of them. Though if they do, they should keep in mind that their death would result in a bad party getting a lot of items they shouldn’t have.

This is the player report that inspired this question for further reading. While xenoarch is new, some of the same logic of xenobio creations should be applied. Scientists are responsible for their xenobio creations, and the same should be applied to bannanium artifacts (SOP also has guidelines involving both). Players should be cautious when bringing out a player-controlled artifact, that can act as malicious as they like, and should be cautious about their effects and have the same expectations as if they released a few xenobio creations to roam the hall. Otherwise, I do agree that it would be LRP/incompetency if they knew about it but wasn’t maliciously using it to harm others.

Eh, give me the most creative bus you can think of that would create a more unique RP situation rather than standard mid-round stuff. Totally not asking for futures ideas

I like the answers, but I’ll give my points once I find out some more information about your previous time as a admin. Especially since I wasn’t active (in the middle of the mountains with no PC access) for most of that time.

I personally preferred to avoid doing manual antagonists/game drivers as they are very high-maintenance, using the baked in antags and threats avalible instead of full bus, I also didn’t want an admin report in case I did anything wrong /shrug. My EORG game is top-notch, however.

Sleepy Moth shuttle replaces oh hi daniel (09/24/2022)

Monkey Pshoom (was valid hunted by the crew to deconvert to human, they found the megaphone on their own)

The midround roller machine

(I don’t really take too many pictures of my bus so I had to go digging for just this)

2 Likes

I’ve really only got a few questions for you as I have seen far more than a few notes/bans/guides made by you to feel confident in an answer

1. Two bloodbrothers get into medical and bolt the door behind them. Once inside they start stabbing the captain to death then drag him into maintenance to take his things. During this you notice another player, a doctor, standing in front of the doors to medbay screaming for the AI to let them in, scalpel in hand. Once the BBs go into maints the doctor runs into maintenance, followed by a seccie, and starts stabbing a BB with the scalpel. Both the seccie and the doctor die. What would you do here, if anything?
  1. You bwoink a player about their name and the player responds with “Don’t you have anything better to do? I just want to play the game man.” How do you respond?

2. Assume this occurs before you join. A 0hr player joins. You see a ticket describing how the player had yelled when the round starts they scream “Grief time!” then proceeded to shove people for a few minutes before ultimately hanging themselves in the bar, being disconnected before you arrive. What do you do?

The security officer has done their job and unfortunately died because of it, but the Medical Doctor is clearly in the wrong for valid hunting. I think it’ll be a stretch to attempt to stop the BBs if they remained in medical, or just started stabbing the Captain in the middle of medbay right next to him, but they actively pursued the antagonists on some alert level (I’m going to assume its either Green or Blue, Red would make it a little more okay) with the intention of killing them. It’ll be at least a note for a first time offense, but an escalation for prior history.

“Not really, what name do you want to change to?” If player is uncooperative they’ll eat an appearance ban and a random name.

Permanent Ban with explain on forums. They haven’t actually done any major grief besides just LRP shoving people, but they’ll need to explain their actions on the forums since they couldn’t explain it in a ticket (if they even bother to come back).

As expected I am happy with your answers, you clearly seem to have the right mindset and a level of experience fitting someone with experience (I know what I said)
+1 from me to start you off right

T: +1

Yeah I’m going to go ahead and give you my +1

T: +2

I won’t lie, I can’t find the time to go into this in details. So I’ll just default and let others input, apologies.
+0

T:+2

Alrighty, after looking into this app and considering your past history on our team we’ve decided to accept this application. Welcome back to the team!

Accepting at +2