[Unknown CKEY] Player Report (Rastynn B-Oni)

CKEY: Majormeltdown

Your Discord: Rat Var#9891

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: (Rastynn B-Oni

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 05-28-2023

Round Number: 44237

Rules Broken: Self-Antag

Incident Description: At some point during the round Rastynn B-oni spoke on comms claiming “free money with the artifact” and they put an artifact in the centre of the station that upon use would (in my case it deleted my helmet) do something to some clothing, and also something else, I’m not sure but because it stole my helmet as a plasmaman I caught fire and died from it, later on they kept letting it damage people, and putting it everywhere, later on with a second artifact they went to medbay with the express reason of killing or damaging everyone there, with an artifact that explodes with fire and damages people, they ran around with it until I stopped them by lethal force, and sec brought them away, the second artifact was sentient and was being ordered to do so, after I died to something else later the artifact that I had to burn to stop it from injuring everyone.

Additional Information: I’m not sure if killing them was the best course of action but with them trying to kill everyone I had to stop them one way or another, and I was a bit agitated from someone else who was antag, but never the less. (Also sorry if I messed this up I don’t use forum)

I was HoS on that round, i can confirm that Rastynn B-Oni came to brig dead and we got multiple witnesses report that they activated the artifact on medbay killing a couple of people and injuring a bunch medbay personnel, when he got revived shuttle was coming so he got put on a cell and eventually carried into the shuttle-brig area… i don’t remember he even said a word at all.

I just wanted to clarify some stuff about this. The artifact I put down did light you on fire but as I recall, the flames didn’t last long at all, even less so if you roll. I absolutely did not have any intent to kill anyone with it. Secondly, I had a Bananium artifact on me that was sentient and controlled by another player for most of the shift. Any action performed by them was more or less out of my control. They had the ability to light people on fire, and I suspect that’s where most of the reports of fires came from. I just wanted to play around and have fun with the artifacts I found, others being a corgi artifact, and one a smokescreen, among other harmless ones. Apologies to anybody that actually died; it was not my intent at all to kill anyone.

You as a scientist doing Xenoarcheology do have responsibility over ANY artifact that you decide to bring out of that area. It doesn’t matter that the Bananium artifact was controlled by another player, you have responsibility over it and it’s action like someone working in xenobio and releasing sentient xenobio creations is responsible for their behavior.

What was your intent then? Releasing artifacts into the hallways and Medbay that set people around it on fire doesn’t contribute to the stations’ functions or any actual fun for other players affected by the effects.

1 Like

Alright, the first thing I’ll say is that you have the round number wrong, it is actually round number 44236. 44237 is a acacia round that consisted of a single guy joining as a engineer then DC’ing a hour later.

Overall, it’s very troublesome how eager you seem to be for a chunk of the logs of taking these dangerous artifacts out into the public area’s of the station,

Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "FREE MONEY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STATION." (Central Primary Hallway (127, 127, 2))
SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "FREE MONEY." (Central Primary Hallway (127, 127, 2))
Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "IT'S NOT BAIT" (Starboard Primary Hallway (155, 126, 2))
Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "IF YOU TOUCH IT, AND THROW IT, YOU'LL BE RICH" (Starboard Primary Hallway (155, 126, 2))

Buynox-IV attempted to activate the uranium artifact at 33350.5. Located at Central Primary Hallway (127, 126, 2).
The uranium artifact sent signal code 14 on frequency 1457 at 33350.5. The uranium artifact located at Central Primary Hallway (127, 126, 2)
The uranium artifact activated minor trait /datum/xenoartifact_trait/minor/signalsend at 33350.5. Located at Central Primary Hallway (127, 126, 2)
The uranium artifact activated minor trait /datum/xenoartifact_trait/minor/slippery at 33350.5. Located at Central Primary Hallway (127, 126, 2)
The uranium artifact activated minor trait /datum/xenoartifact_trait/minor/sharp at 33350.5. Located at Central Primary Hallway (127, 126, 2)
The uranium artifact activated trait /datum/xenoartifact_trait/activator/weighted at 33350.5. Located at Central Primary Hallway (127, 126, 2)
The uranium artifact activated trait /datum/xenoartifact_trait/malfunction/strip at 33350.5. Located at Central Primary Hallway (127, 126, 2)
The uranium artifact activated trait /datum/xenoartifact_trait/major/laser at 33350.5. Located at Central Primary Hallway (127, 126, 2)

This is very moment is probably what caused Majormeltdown to die. Also just one of the examples of why you shouldn’t generally leave artifacts lying around, or especially trying to get people to take it. Comparable to throwing out advanced mutators with bad genes and naming it “Ultimate hulk” and then selling them to the crew.

A bannium artifact left in the kitchen developed the malfunction Heated which then begun setting people on fire

GAME:  attempted to activate the bananium artifact at 43324. Located at Kitchen (150, 135, 2).
GAME: The bananium artifact activated trait /datum/xenoartifact_trait/malfunction/heated at 43324. Located at Kitchen (0, 0, 0)

I doubt that, especially when you go back into Medbay (where most of the victims of bannanium artifact you put in the kitchen), vaguely threaten the people in there, MajorMeltdown notices you and begins panicking and screaming at you. You

SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "I think my demon orb wants to play in here" (Medbay Treatment Center (147, 97, 2))
overl0rdzetta/(Adramalech - the bananium artifact) "I do?" (Medbay Treatment Center (144, 97, 2))
SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "mayhaps." (Medbay Treatment Center (142, 97, 2))
SAY: MajorMeltdown/(Buynox-IV) "!" (Medbay Treatment Center (146, 99, 2))
SAY: MajorMeltdown/(Buynox-IV) "YOU WILL PUT IT BACK OR WE BURN" (Medbay Treatment Center (146, 99, 2))
SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "oh you wanna burn?" (Medbay Treatment Center (146, 98, 2))
     Bannanium artifact with the heated effect is activated
SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "burn." (Medbay Treatment Center (148, 99, 2))
SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "perfect" (Medbay Treatment Center (141, 105, 2))

You also later go back to medbay and activate the bannanium artifact AGAIN to kill MajorMeltDown AGAIN

GAME:  attempted to activate the bananium artifact at 56706.5. Located at Medbay Treatment Center (140, 93, 2).
SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "die" (Medbay Treatment Center (140, 93, 2))
SAY: MajorMeltdown/(Buynox-IV) "THEY KILLED ME" (Medbay Treatment Center (140, 99, 2))
SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "you're about to die again too" (Medbay Treatment Center (140, 95, 2))

More moments to highlight:

SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "There's simply more important things" (Experimentation Lab (105, 95, 2)
SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "Like burning people" (Experimentation Lab (105, 95, 2))

SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "it only lights you on fire" (Emergency Shuttle (134, 150, 9))
SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "i don't see the big deal" (Emergency Shuttle (134, 150, 9))
SAY: Rastynn/(Rastynn B-Oni) "so what if they burst into flames and die" (Emergency Shuttle (210, 75, 1))

You held onto those artifacts and encouraged them to act like this (granted, they are allowed to). You aren’t a antag so this kind of encouragement and overall malice isn’t allowed, period.

I’ve already outlined how bad this behavior is in my previous comment, and the logs show very clear intentions to harming other crew members and killing the specific ones that complain about their abuse of the artifacts.

TLDR
Scientists that do archeology have responsibility over their artifacts the same way as they do over xenobiology creations. Even if bannanium artifacts are player controlled, it is still the scientists responsibility to make sure it doesn’t reek havoc on the station. They are allowed to cause this havoc, you as the scientist are not (if not a antag). The logs show malice behavior and lack of foresight when it comes to artifact effects. Exact rules broken would be Rule 3, 7 (section 5), 8, and 9.

Report accepted