Zane Blake/Victor Pride Player Report

thanks, I genuinely appreciate the fairness. Did you see my edit about the metagrudge thing?

I do now
I didn’t intend it to be a hard accusation though, I said it “seems to show a grudge”. It’s up to someone else to make a decision on what they see though.

thanks.
I don’t really get the whole “metagrudge” thing. I mean, the warden is completely different from the bartender is completely different from the mime is completely different from the roboticist is completely different from the HOP. You play these jobs differently both in actually gameplay and roleplay. Why would I treat the same name the same? Hell, even as clown I do a different shtick almost every time. The closest I come to a metagrudge has been twice where it’s someone I recognize as typically being a shitter to watch out for (and both times they got banned). Specifically in one it’s because they literally tied me to a table as non antag, bound and gagged me with a straitjacket and carted me around without admins and it was ooc genuinely traumatic. With the other it was because they ended up in my brig 3 rounds in a row as the exact same job and it was more of a “cmon man why do you keep ending up here, please stop breaking the law” kind of a thing and they ended up getting banned for self anatg (or something i don’t remember)

I feel like we don’t see the entire story here, Zane is nice but if you’re unrobust he might have just circumvented you, and you said he had access to HoS gear, if he was promoted to HoS by cap then that’s very much IC. He needs to pitch in his side of the argument here.

Acting HoS giving up the gear to actual HoS coming on station is a formality more so than a necessity. They’re both the same.

i was captain this round
i didn’t explicitly promote zane to HoS, but when zake asked if he could be acting HoS, i said yes
which is why i stepped in to resolve it, because warden wouldn’t shut the fuck up about zane aand it was causing problems

I can’t be involved with this report.
I was the sec officer who shot the warden with a sopoforic slug in the Escape Shuttle and cuffed them.
I didn’t want to let them hang around near Zane, who I’d seen earlier in the shuttle, since they both had been hoarding lethals and a bloody cat fight was going to break out sooner or later.

type in a normal round id or your report probably wont be processed

I asked the admins for the round ID and they didn’t say. How do I figure out what round it was?

Wait seriously? That was you? I have the exact chat logs, is that why you and the other sec randomly attacked me before the round ended? Because you’re friends OOC? The reason I had lethals was for the Nukies. Of course I had a shotgun and a laser rifle (whatever one switches between red/blue), it was nukies and I was heading to guard departures, on captain’s orders! Do you seriously think that just because I had lethals I would use them on a prisoner? And that’s not even what you said in character!
The Exact log is:

Priority Announcement

The Emergency Shuttle has left the station. Estimate 2 minutes until the shuttle docks at Central Command.

You unbuckle yourself from the shuttle seat.

Silly Black unbuckles himself from the shuttle seat.

Salem Duglas unbuckles himself from the shuttle seat.

Gabriela Smith unbuckles herself from the shuttle seat.

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “Ok.”

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “We will be fine.”

Gabriela Smith fires the combat shotgun!

Your armor softens the blow!

Zane Blake sniffs.

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “What teh fuck.”

Gabriela Smith has electrocuted you with the stun baton!

You hit the shuttle seat with the energy gun!

You’re too exhausted to keep going…
Gabriela Smith has electrocuted you with the stun baton!

Gabriela Smith is trying to put handcuffs on you!

You can’t use Leg Sweep - Trips the victim, knocking them down for a brief moment. while you’re incapacitated.

Gabriela Smith handcuffs you.

Goddard Owen laughs.

Gabriela Smith buckles you to the shuttle seat!
You can’t move while buckled to the shuttle seat!

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “What the fuck.”

Silly Black asks, “Why?”

Alicia Rue says, “Welp there goes that guy.”

Phillip Eggbert attempts to force Nevaeh Hayhurst to swallow the oxandrolone pill (24u).

Phillip Eggbert forces Nevaeh Hayhurst to swallow the oxandrolone pill (24u).

Xarnata ‘Tinker’ Daemos says, “Robused 2 nukies with that.”

Nevaeh Hayhurst coughs!

Gabriela Smith exclaims, “Warden is a syndicate spy!”

Zane Blake asks, “Is the warden still being a tard?”

Zane Blake sniffs.

Phillip Eggbert grabs Nevaeh Hayhurst passively!

Gabriela Smith sniffs.

Silly Black says, “Ok.”

Ayden Clark buckles himself to the shuttle seat.

Gabriela Smith exclaims, “Warden is a syndicate spy!”

Specimen Cannon V.0.0.0.2 is welding the airlock.

Zane Blake buckles himself to the shuttle seat.

Specimen Cannon V.0.0.0.2 has repaired Holding Area.

Ayden Clark sniffs.

PM to-Admins: gabriella smith randomly cuffed me and stunne dme for no reason

Phillip Eggbert pats Nevaeh Hayhurst on the head.

Zane Blake sniffs.

Ayden Werner sniffs.

Silly Black has electrocuted you with the stun baton!

Ayden Clark unbuckles himself from the shuttle seat.

Silly Black sniffs.

Alicia Rue sniffs.
Goddard Owen sniffs.

Goddard Owen begins to clean the floor with the advanced mop.
x2

Gabriela Smith exclaims, “Warden is a spy because they tried to kill the REAL HoS!”

Gabriela Smith sniffs.
Alicia Rue sniffs.

Ayden Clark sniffs.

Silly Black says, “You syndicate scum.”

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “Holy shit.”

Gabriela Smith puts the telescopic shield into the security backpack.

Silly Black says, “We caught you.”

Taurus ‘Orion’ Kuiper says, “Im surrounded by morons.”

Gabriela Smith buckles herself to the shuttle seat.

Silly Black says, “Just accept.”

Silly Black sniffs.

Everett Garrison has electrocuted Lane Ironmonger with the stun baton!
x2

Ayden Clark sniffs.

Lane Ironmonger yells, “COWARD!!”

BORN TWO starts putting Valery-The-Lazers into the mounted sleeper.

Everett Garrison puts the stun baton into the security webbing.
Silly Black says, “You are caught.”

it says in the status tab when you are in-game

Thing is, I didn’t know who promoted him until today when I read firghterslam’s comment on the forums. Not one time was it said who promoted him. There literally was no IC mention of who promoted him whatsoever that I saw. Like I said, the ONLY mention of it IC or OOC was the forum comment I just mentioned. He just walked into a highly secure location saying he got promoted, then freaked out and called me retarded when I tried to stop him after multiple warnings

Figure out round ID or this will go nowhere.

How do I check for past rounds? I’ve played a round since then and the admins online at the time didn’t tell me.

you ussually go to ooc>view my past round, or something, stats from last round, something like that, but i guess its too late for that

yeah. And it’s concerning because several admins have come forward as liking this guy and now my report will fall through because I don’t have admin only information

I don’t get how this is related but that’s a great meme

First off:

Oof. Did you check the end round report to see if it was A: the real Zane blake (Lings like to target him for glory, and someone COULD have impersonated him by other means. I.E. OOC character creation or Chameleon mask) and B: That he wasn’t actually traitor? You made no mention of if he WAS or WASN’T an antag or brainwashed at the round end.

My take on Zane Blake:
-With the rules you’re trying to say are broken-
Rule 2: The only time I don’t see zane being excellent to others is when he is either an antag, or when he’s valid hunting an antag. That, or when someone’s a complete and utter douche to him ic. He doesn’t OOC IC metagrudge or metagrunge (Toeing the line on metagrudge). Even when I bash his character for valid hunting he doesn’t metagrudge, so I don’t see how the actual Victor Pride would break rule 2. And NGL, Taurus is often seen acting like a retard, so the jeers may have been well placed.

Rule 3: Honestly Zane is one of the more professional sec officers I’ve seen, consistent with his actions and enforcement of spacelaw when he’s in sec. Granted a little more forward and aggressive with less ‘stop, you’ve violated the law’ speeches, but still justified when he’s not an antag.

Rule 8: I have to say that the way you stated, a sec officer who was upped to HoS gathering HoS standard gear and basic equipment (if the shift was blue, minor guns, if red heavy lethals) is not powergaming but standard practice. As it’s been shown to me sometimes people don’t update their PDAs. Access normally means they’re allotted that title. Also, my guy, you’re a sec officer. Use your sec hud to see what is on someone’s ID. Grey’d out? Invalid access. Blue with a vest? HoS. Red with a vest? Sec officer basic.Red with bars? Warden. Learn the Tags. (Also the little flashing blue square means implanted. See a sec officer not implanted? either cloned or ling impersonator.)

HOWEVER

I will make a note in your favor that he often DOES do minor powergaming, simply by wearing a Riot shield flasher below red shift, though I’m not sure if sec in bee has armory restrictions for threat levels. I.E. Riot gear/heavy lethals on red, small arms on blue with bulletproof armor, basic gear and disablers on green.

Rule 4 & 12: These two rules are linked together by A: you being the primary ‘target’ as you’ve stated, and ‘declaring war’ on the a.i. being likely a legitimate concern against either an a.i. with improper laws/dickish interpretations (I love being a dick with my interpretations sometimes). In this case, if he was properly promoted to Head of Security, your actions against him would have been viewed as insubordination which would have allowed for said incarceration. When the new HoS came in and didn’t respond as you said, until the HoS arrives it’s not 100% certain on secret shifts that the HoS isn’t ganked off the shuttle (Trust me, I’ve tried it before.)

As to the Arrest setting and Record deleting: If the arrest was set by you, it could have been seen as a grudge after the warden had given him the go head to ‘go into space’ without asking for any of his gear aside from his gun back. If you did not put a reason for his arrest proper, prior to setting the warrant, then that seems like the A.I. pulling shit (Which could have led to the war on the a.i. when he deleted his records to PREVENT said action, leading to the a.i. assuming him to not be crew, spiraling down from there)

All in all: Check with the head responsible for his promotion to see if it was legit, Check his Identification bubble to see if his sign shows proper access or improper, Do not assault your higher ups (You’re still below HoS, and EITHER sec officers or wardens can be promoted, not JUST warden, based on knowledge and merit, and zane’s got those, despite his Bloodthirst), and set proper arrest warrants -if you did not-.

And my 2 cents: Raised-by-Lizards is a catgirl with a lizard name. That’s ALMOST as bad as a paraplegic blind/deaf brain tumored HoS.

3 Likes

Yeesh, I’ll get banned for over two weeks for a misunderstanding, but zane blake has an army of admins defending even the most minor of offenses.

I have been banned/warned for much less than what Zane Blake did. He has numerous rules violations in this single incident alone. Too bad I don’t have my army of cliquey admins coming out of the woodwork to defend me and drag their feet on banning me.

Round ID is not admin only info, Anyone can see it, heres a example:
Annotation 2020-03-22 135232