Yuliy Mod Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Yuliy

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Harry.K#1661

How often are you online to help? (Timezone): GMT+9, 1~9 PM

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Some moderation during the low populated time zone of the server.

How old are you?: 25

Why do you want to be a moderator?: There were lots of cases that moderation was required, but could not be handled during the time, as none of the moderator/admin was online during the incidents.

How long have you been playing SS13?: Since 2017

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: Shortly been 2021 for aprox 4 months, then further on 2022 October till now.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 5. I would say code works are not my main, and SS13 code workings are bizarre from what I have heard, and deep, like an ocean floor. However, I know how things works when seen from the surface.

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an administrator? (this can include past games): 3. Chance to moderate on SS13 in general has been far due to my real life mental issues (Causing too much fuss to focus) However, I have seen a lot of admins/moderators deciding their decisions upon matters on dozens of different SS13 servers, mostly from MRP~HRP servers.

Have you ever been an admin or moderator on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Yes, briefly been a moderator of one of the discord server, for aproximately 5 months.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: I do not have any alternative accounts.

Your strengths: Endurance to overwatch from distance for a long time, as I mostly ghost around in game instead of playing most of the time in the game. I can understand quickly which part is wrong if I have enough informations gathered up in the game, when someone takes an action.

Your weaknesses: Major Depression. Social Phobia. Non-English Foreginer. (However, I still have capabilities to understand the flow of the whole conversation.) Major ping relative issues due to the distance to the server. Stubborn opinion during the arguments or/and discussions.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: Lack of roleplay, green-text-only gameplay. Mockery relatives to my permanent mental illness.

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Sharp response time, to take correct actions accordingly to the matter.

What makes a staff team good?: Communications. Unfortunately, something I have to develop and overcome myself.

What is a staff team’s purpose?: Not just to maintain peaceful environment for the game players, but also enjoyable environment, to roleplay out through the game.

What kind of player are you?: Distant observer most of the time, and desire to roleplay over combat focused gameplay.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: One thing for clear certain would be overcoming my social phobic reactions, trying to maintain the communications between the peoples if I am faced from face to face against another person, such as voice chat. I am fine with the typing-communications as like right now, however.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: I’ll investigate if clown has done it from self-defence, or just out from prank, for first. It is one of a common sight to remove the weapon from the aggressor to defend oneself, instead of using it against the aggressor, when combat in SS13 occures.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that an admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: Noting them as a griefer, and conduct the ban accordingly. Check their records, see if their playtime on the server has been long enough, or have a relative notes with the griefing. If their playtime is short, such as 5 hours or so, mark it as a permanent ban and tell them to appeal on forums on the note.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: I will first check their playtime, check exactly what they were baking and cause the accident. Then, if their playtime is short, advise the mentors to contact with’em to guide through the chemistry work. If they caused an accident during making a bomb or such, continue on observation on the person, in case of potential grief/self-antag to occure.

1 Like

Heya, thanks for applying! I’ll get down to it.

Stealing the Head of Security’s personal gun falls under Grand Larceny, which is a capital crime. Unless they are an antagonist, this is not okay to do whatsoever, despite how much leeway clowns and mimes have. I would agree doing so in self defense and perhaps returning it to security or a head of staff later but spacing it afterwards is not justifiable.

Now, the rest of your application is pretty solid, and I like it. I see a bit of myself in there. My only other issue with it is your recent amount of notes you have accumulated this year, which is slightly worrying and therefore, I would suggest playing for a couple months or more, stay out of trouble and re-apply after.

+0

T: 0

Ah, I should’ve been more detailed upon that answer. Thank you for correcting out upon the lack of informations I could’ve written down. Spacing the one of the only weapon that exists in the game certainly seems not fine, yes. Also counting as a grand legacy as equal as captain’s gun…

About the notes, I will remain silent and agreed. Thank you for giving out your thoughts.

Edit: I should probably flesh out the clown question more properly with how I would be rulling out instead of “Just bwoink it, it’s non-amtag crime, or valid it, clown’s an antag.”

Yes, I will first look out as a first priority on escalation progress how HoS and clown’s interaction has been first, majorly look out of current/past combat records.
Secondly, I will investigate further if further administration action is required. Such as

• A clown making themselves a tomfoolery for more than 3 or 5 miniutes after the gun is ejected,
  • Or they’re going to do an attempt to return it, knowing the accident.
  • Or HOS is going to return it.
  • Or clown immediately got arrested and got ICly punished already.
    Each one being
  • Actually talk directly to the clown about the self-antagonistic act and press a note about it.
  • No actions required.
  • Talk to the clown with a warning.
  • Simply note about the clown, with further description in check about the arrest. Minor note.

And lots and lots of pathway can be go by from the simple slip.

If clown is a traitor, works gets ever so simpler. It isn’t deemed overly hostile hazard creation afterall.

1 Like

Looking decent so far, recent notes aside at least.

Got a few extra questions for you~

• A regular crew member gets hit with a staff of change and becomes a xenomorph.
    They then go on a killing spree.
    What rules may they have broken, and how would you handle the situation?

• The clown is named Adolf Hitler, and is trying to recruit the crew and is preaching about eliminating all alien life from the station (moths, apids, lizards, and so on…) But has yet to cause any violence. Their remarks are incredibly racist against the IC alien races.
    What rules might have been broken here if any, and how would you handle the situation?

1 Like

I’ve got a few questions for ya.

1. A player is exploring space using the science shuttle, they are alone. While exploring they find a rare weapon. They grab it and immediately start talking OOC about how it’s the rarest gun in the game and it only appears 1 in 100 rounds. What rules did they break if any, and what would you do, if any?

2. A player gets killed in game and starts salting heavily in dchat, talking about how their killer is “mentally challenged” and how the game is dumb and unfair. What do you do, if anything?

3. Pretend this is an ahelp you recieve in round and respond as if it were an ahelp. “Wow so when I fucking do that i get in trouble, but anyone else can do it no problem! What the fuck?!”

• They broke the rule 9, do not self-antag. As far as I am aware, it is just their form that is changed, not their whole… Conscious thought process as a human being. They’re not a full xenomorph, so they shouldn’t go on a killing spree.
    I’ll immediately tell them to stop the killing spree, then notify them to act like any crew members would be, just as like how they behaved before the change. Notes related with killing spree will be applied.

• They broke the rule 1, naming guidelines. They shouldn’t name themselves “Adolf Hitler” from the beginning. Heavy slurs related with racism could be a violation of rule 7, be excellent to each others.
    I will definitely notify them about the naming guidelines, noting them about the name they chose, then fix the name in-game to something default clown name would be. I recall administerators/moderators has a power to change names of someone’s in-game.

1 Like
  • Rule 1, OOC in IC, breaking immersions. If the said person said only to themselves so far, not in the radio chatter, I will simply notify them not to speak OOC informations in game. If they spoke in the radio channel, I will probably have to note them about it so.

• Probably I would tell them to tone it down via ghostchat if it gets too spammy, but if any slur that has bypassed through the slur filters, I will have to notify them not to use intense slur. Learned this in the hard way myself.

• I will gonna ask any other admin staff team if I may have made mistake if someone else has done it so far, followed by what the ahelp-er says so. Then tell them that anyone else also gets a notification by moderators/admins if wrong-doing has been done. Also to say, at the final message, I will tell them to player-report them on forums if they see the similar incident like what they have caused, and when there’s no admin/moderator online.

Correct assessment of the situation and response, however remember that you should document it any time you have to talk to a player about a rule break they commit.

A good response but you can also mute them from Dchat if need be, again remember to note any interactions that you discuss rule breaks

I want to come back to this one, I wanted you to answer it as it someone made an ahelp and said that. Assume that you did not initiate this, the player simply sent that through ahelp and show me how you would respond to them
“Wow so when I fucking do that i get in trouble, but anyone else can do it no problem! What the fuck?!”

Ah. I see the point clearly now on the latest commentment.
I will investigate out what ‘trouble’ they got into it first by asking them what exactly is going on.
If it’s an IC shenanigans involving with security, I will check from distance and see how it goes first instead of progressing further, to see how security will react upon ‘law break.’
If security is the wrong doing by pressing a wrong charges on a wrong incident, I’ll intervene, contacting the relative security officer/warden/HoS/Captain.
If law was inforced correctly, I will just pass over with IC.
If it’s an issue with the OOC matter, such as attempting to manipulate an exploit, then they would be going to be in trouble, noting them with appropriate violations (Exploits would be rule violation 7).

hmm… a good answer however the point of the question was more “someone who has been bwoinked in the past sees someone doing what they were bwoinked for” however you still included the investigation which would have gotten you to the answer.

I do have one more fourth question I want to ask before voting (Sorry I thought I actually included this originally)
4. You have a bit of a history of losing your temper and getting mad in dchat, which you seem to know about. My question is: how will you work to improve on this and keep an unbiased, fair opinion in the future? how will you work to keep a level head?

On the fourth question… Instead of moutful, sugar coated words of “I will do what in the future,” I do have in fact, a direct method of controlling myself.
A temper medicine, which is a mix of Rivotril tab (Or called Clonazepam - Wikipedia) and Diazepam tab (Diazepam: MedlinePlus Drug Information) in between of dozen of more other medicines I am taking. Each medicine’s informations are linked as above, and I will be acting when the medicine effects are on.
I will be increasing my dosage within a week or so, so positive outcome is likely expected.
Further along, I will most likely observe more instead of actually part-taking myself in the game, so there will be more lesser biased opinion of someone when I am handling the matters on hand. Personally, I do like to simply watch the station going by. Playtime as an observant may also support my posibilities of simply observe the game instead of playing.

Good, this can come up often when theres a staff of change around.

Good here too, Clowns are exempt from the guidelines under most circumstances however admin discretion tops the exemption, in this case racism and the way they’re acting is not ideal in any way.
imo IC racism can be acceptable if its at a bare minimum for RP purposes, for instance an engineer not liking ethereals because they’re a constant burden on the stations power grid, but in this case its not ok at all.

Gimmics can be fun and entertaining, but theres always exceptions such as this one.

I’m a little worried about the amount of notes you’ve aquired in the past two months (9 notes in two months is a lot.) however, so its going to be a +0 from me.

I’d advise you take some time, give it a few months and re-apply if this application is denied, especially as you only had two notes over the entirety of last year.

T: 0

Im gonna have to agree with the others here, recent notes are a bit of a concern. I personally like the answers you’ve provided but I think you should try to go a while without accumulating any new notes. I would love to see you reapply in about a month but for now I am actually going to have to go with a +0 due to the notes.

Total: still 0

It is overall a bit sad that no admin was able to really give you a clear vote here. But your recent record is sadly not good enough to accept you yet. You’ve received quite a lot of notes in february and some of were quite bad.

Your app is solid though so I personally would advice you to re appeal after some more time has passed without you having received any additional notes or bans.

Denying at T: 0