You dont remember the last 5 minutes before you died?

“You dont remember the last 5 minutes before”

Admin wrote this today in a ban reason for someone. I cannot find this anywhere in the rules or the “New Rulings” thread. I can only find this tidbit:

“You cannot attack or accuse players as a result of events that occurred in a previous life. When you are cloned, you do not know who your killer is unless someone else tells you.”

Where does the 5 minutes come from and is it just a mistake?

Its an rp rule on some server, not on bee though

It’s not specified as 5 minutes, but it’s right here.

Forgetting precisely who killed you is good for game flow anyway because it means antags aren’t forced to permanently remove every player they cross from the round. Players abiding by this means antags are less motivated to completely remove witnesses from the round as opposed to quickly silencing them and fleeing the scene.

imagine not just playing as IPC and remembering the torture and agony of every time you’ve ever died.

Cloning sickness. It’s a rule that was probably designed and intended to mitigate how easy it is to revive people with cloning.

So getting killed before the 5 minute mark makes you think you’re in centcom, the arrivals shuttle, or bumblefuck colony 69?

Good lol

Straw man. It’s not a hard and fast rule. It’s a nebulous and vague rule with the intent of making it less punishing to fail to completely round-end someone adequately the first time.

But I want to go around asking people when the station will arrive to the station

lol

1 Like

(This cloning rule doesn’t apply to Golden, it’s only for Sage)

there’s no rule preventing you from role playing as a man who’s mentally stuck five minutes in the past

What about a man stuck 10 seconds into the future

1 Like

This. It’s not directly cited at five minutes for a reason. With the knowledge that you aren’t supposed to remember your killer when cloned, roleplay it out how you like. Five minutes is just an easy number to play with.

Do you know the biggest lesson I learned from what you did? I discovered I have a sort of black box quick-save feature. In the event of a catastrophic failure, the last two minutes of my life are preserved for analysis. I was able - well, forced really - to relive you killing me. Again and again. Forever. You know, if you’d done that to somebody else, they might devote their existence to exacting REVENGE! Luckily, I’m a bigger person than that. I’m happy to put this all behind us and get back to work. After all, we’ve got a lot to do, and only sixty more years to do it. More or less. I don’t have the actuarial tables in front of me.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.