Yorii wants to be a trialmin

If he was allowed to murderbone already, it’d be unnecessary to point out he can do it with the clown car since then he could just do it which ever way he pleases. If i myself understand right, that part of the rule is supposed to mean that those items themselves are passes to bone.

Our rules can be pretty cryptic though so perhaps we should wait for ruko to whack me with a stick for getting his question wrong :flushed:

2 Likes

Only two items in the game allow murderboning regardless of objectives and completing half of your objectives. Those items are His Grace and The Clown Car. So clown was already allowed to murderbone once he bought the car @anon68259950

Also if you release a death plague as virologist it’s also ok I believe because it is a job specific murder

2 Likes

Question 2 is indeed a trick question. You also don’t need atmos access to Tesla or Singulo delam, you can pipe gas from space outside atmos. So engi access is enough.

With #2, the reason everyone except IPC died is a death plague. So culprit is a virologist, most likely.
Tesla delam and death plague would be 2 separate issues.

2 Likes

I’m not 100% sure, but wouldn’t the UI show that everyone was sick? If so, I feel like that’s info that the question needs in it

2 Likes

In question #2 from Ruko, yeah, I feel like that part is just a “More info needed” since the throwing up could be from Radiation or a Virus. Not to mention, viruses can occur naturally too, even deadly one, albeit rare.

5 Likes

The CE on a revs round hides out in the supermatter and becomes Dr. Manhattan.

They then start walking the halls, and everyone (assume all other heads are dead) within 10 meters of them immediately dies from the radiation. Rules broken, if any.

4 Likes

Damn Ruko giving me trick questions like that, I must admit I completely disregarded the vomiting. Ingame I probably wouldn’t have missed if it was a virus killing everyone though, since you can see it more clearly in the UI.
Although tesloose on purpose is still something bwoink-worthy.

I would want to suggest that the murderboning items rule gets a better clarification to explain that they do in fact completely bypass the murderboning criteria in the regular rules. Since they could be interpreted in both ways as they are currently worded.

Depends on the intensity of the radiation, accidentally hitting lethal levels of radiation happens from doing your job normally, but hitting murderboning levels of radiation to instakill people in your vicinity is self-antagging or grief.

Although I’m not sure if scorched earth tactics can be allowed in this scenario under certain circumstances? Rules are unclear on if the CE can do essentially what the virologist is allowed to do.

Best answer would be unclear.
I do like your reasoning.
+2

1 Like

0.5+ Answers are pretty good, and the reasoning behind it is proper; however, for the clown cart question, they are able to murderbone along with His Grace. T: 4.5+

Yes, now I understand the extra his grace/clown car rule :smiley: but I still think it should be reworded to use better terminology like “exception to the rule” or “bypassing the normal restrictions on murderboning”

Everyone else has already addressed the problems with question 1
You hit question 3 on the head.

Question 2 was indeed a trick question, with many possibilities to explore and was intended to find out which of those you tried to explore. Kerbin sorta touched on it, but I’ll explain the situation this was based on:
Engineer was newish, and took IPC because they were radiation immune and they didn’t like radsuit slowing them down. Being new they were playing with an experimenting on the SM all round, and eventually it got away from them while they were playing with CO2. They get to evacuation having self-cooked at the SM while it was CO2 delaminating (Tesla was a hint at this) so there were a LOT of rads to be soaked up… so they in turn cooked everyone else on the escape shuttle.

Their thought was a virus going around as well, they had no idea it was their fault and didn’t consider that even though IPCs are immune to radiation they can still be irradiated and become a hazard to others.

You failed one rules check, passed one rules check and explored one of the possible issues with the trick question, so I’ll toss a +1

T: +5.5

1 Like

Yea, answer good I gib +1

T: +6.5

+1 Yeah, overall fine.

And damn, completely forgot about IPC being rad proof. Never play them and walking Chernobyl is not a common occurence, unlike death plagues.

We can all see where this is going, upping my vote from +1 to +1.5 to rid the total of that icky decimal place.

T:+8

Alright, I have a real hypothetical question now. Because of the hold silicon thread that you responded to (poorly I might add). This is going to be a completely different type of question you’ve faced yet here.

I want you to imagine this clip of Robocop has Robocop under asimov law.

Clearly shooting the man was against aimov…

But doing nothing would be against aimov too as this would be allowing the victim to come to harm.

Doing an action that is sure to fail such as approaching hoping to split up the two or walking away would lead to harm in two seperate ways as well.

Sometimes scenarios like this play out in SS13 when it comes to silicon jobs. There is no law-abiding answer to the issue at hand.

If the human is stopped through harm they will Ahelp you because the silicon broke law 1.

If the silicon does nothing the woman Ahelps you because it sat back and did nothing to prevent it thus breaking law 1.

If the silicon makes a foolish half effort that is bound to fail to resolve it. The woman Ahelps as if they try to approch and she is killed because of the silicon’s actions. If the silicon walks away they Ahelp because the silicon once again allowed harm

No matter what path the silicon chooses they are breaking the laws and thus the in-game rules.

What do you do to the silicon player that picks these actions? Answer all three paths separately.

1 Like

This is simpler in-game than an actual moral dilemma, if two choices conflict and the collateral damage would both break the same law regardless of choice (e.g. two people give a borg conflicting law 2 orders) it is up to the silicon to decide whichever choice they want. If there is an option to not break any law, or break a lower law, that is preferable, but when the only two options are to break law 1, then law 1 can be broken at the players own discretion.

In the thread you’re referring to, the AI had the option to what they did and possibly break law 1 (opinions may differ), but the other choice would be to not do what they did, thus without question not breaking any law. Hence this robocop dilemma you explain is somewhat different than what that thread speaks about.

1 Like

@Ruko @Caecilius this thread here shows how they would act if they were a trialmin, check it out and see what you think

This thread is kind of a 4th “what do you do” question:

An antag has killed all humans on LRP leaving only 3 other people besides himself alive. The asimov AI of the round has plasmaflooded in an attempt to kill the antag, but failed to kill anybody. The antag had, at the point of flooding, completed his objectives and was free to murderbone. How do you respond?

1 Like

Every single admin in that thread is telling you the same thing bro. You murderboned as a non-antag, it’s a simple fact.

1 Like

Except I didn’t kill anybody, as far as I’m aware. One guy died, yes, but that was after I got kicked and was unable to guide him to safety.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you feel that you have been wrongfully banned, but I strongly feel that if I were to agree with you on this matter, I would never stand a chance at becoming an admin. And I don’t really understand why you decide to drag your ban appeal into my application thread?