Xlyana Player Report

CKEY: Auce

Your Discord: Auce

Offender’s CKEY: @Xlyana

Offender’s In-Game Name: Dell Seelig

Date (YYYY-MM-DD): 2024-03-26

Round Number: 48152

Rules Broken: 1, 3, 7

Incident Description: Antag round, objectives were to steal the AI and Jetpack. As a nonviolent scientist, I had stolen the cap’s jetpack, ended up in the brig because I volunteered to help the HoS and they took that opportunity to surprise baton me. I got brigged, stuff taken away (including the AI I had created and custom lawed for the purpose of stealing, as the previous AI had gone to cryo).

I serve my sentence, leave the brig, and the Captain, played by Xlyana tells me that the HoS has killed my AI (who I was RP in love with). I hunt down the HoS and vow my revenge, and it turns out they hadn’t killed my AI lover, they merely reinstalled them in a core without changing their laws. The AI decided that the HoS deserved to die and gunned them down. I carry the HoS corpse around looking for the jetpack, and then while I’m talking with a morph in security the morph gobbles up the HoS’ body before I can bring them to get revived.

Anyways, later on, I confront the captain in a main hallway, ask them for the jetpack (which they had reclaimed and neither I nor the AI could find anywhere in the brig or the cap’s office), they respond by immediately shotgunning me, so I run a bit, try and say some words while deescalating, explain I haven’t hurt anyone, they’re misinformed. Cap pauses with the shotgun when they’re out of ammo, talks with me briefly, and then proceeds to baton me while I’m typing with them. Fine, then I am brought to the brig, strangled, thrown against the wall, and am told they don’t want to listen to my side of the story. They lock me in the genpop washroom buckled to the bed, leave.

Additional Information: I believe this constitutes several rule issues, first, complete lack of RP willingness for a non-violent antag who went out of their way to be friendly and interact. Second, failure to follow SoP as they decided the proper punishment for my (??? unknown, never noted or said in game) crime was to drag my character around, strangle and throw them at walls for 10 minutes. And lastly, I believe this is clearly an example of failure to consider the fun of other players, the AI and I were having a great time roleplaying and the gimmick was successful, the captain’s utter refusal to care about anything put a downer on a very fun round for myself and the player of ADAS, I’m sure.

1 Like

i was the morph. i ate the hos body yes. but i brought it to medbay too afetr a bit and the hos got revied ( i wanted to confuse the peopel there a bit)( also i ate the hos because you said one sec, so i waited a secodn then ate it, sorry if thats rubbed you on the wrong foot).
But from what i saw flebe wasnt violent at all. all i saw they had the hos corpse.

Its ok, you were just doing morph things, I was planning on getting the HoS’ cloning info down and bringing the corpse back for you when I said “one sec”

It’s a bit embarrassing to have to be writing my defense on a report on the first round I’ve played in months, but here it is.

First of all, I believe the general situation of the station is important to establish in this context. There was barely any power, rumors of a wizard, an Ashlander takeover as well as the HoS being the only security personnel online. Me and the HoS were running around trying to find a deputy to go negotiate with the Ashlanders for most of the start of my round. I was a very late join, and had no interaction with him prior to seeing him in the brig being processed by the HoS.

Secondly, I would like to point out that he was very, very clearly an antagonist by the time I had first met him. He was cuffed in brig, with the Captain’s jetpack, syndie gear, as well as an AI. The HoS asked me what he wanted me to do with him: The options were either permabrig, or 15 minutes. I didn’t want him to be thrown out of the round or otherwise have to wait too long, so I settled for 15 minutes. There was already more than enough reason to detain him indefinitely.

After this, I walked around with the HoS trying to figure out how we could reset the laws of the AI. I scared the AI a little bit by stopping their wipe mid-way when they refused to turn off the turrets and made snarky remarks, but I never had any intention of wiping them completely. Both me and the HoS weren’t too familiar with Echo, so this part took quite a bit as we looked at our options to change their lawset.

I then left the HoS to deal with the AI as I worked to deputize the Shaft Miner late join for the re-take. Somewhere along the line, dear @auce confronted me about the AI, which resulted in this:

I told this in order to sort of throw you off, and depending on whether or not the HoS had managed to reset the AI’s laws by then, you’d either be met with a loving reunion or an AI no longer in love with you. Alas, the AI was intact. It was the decision of the both of you to kill the HoS from there, and you naturally faced its consequences. I don’t know what went between the AI and HoS during this period, but it doesn’t seem like the HoS was going to wipe or harm the AI. I respect the AI’s decision to kill the HoS, but if you’re going down that route, you can’t claim to be non-violent.

A few minutes after this confrontation which included a very clear claim by him to take revenge, which I willfully ignored, comms suddenly go out. Great.

Afterwards I spend the next 10 minutes or so looking for him with my shaft miner buddy, to no avail. I then anti-climatically fall off some railings, break both my legs and lose an arm, and am sent to the medbay.

At medbay, I met @Doktorwueue carrying the corpse of the HoS, and gather the info that he didn’t have the AI and had found the HoS dead. Since the AI never shut up while being carried by anyone other than her beloved, I believed him. And so, after getting healed up, and being aware that he likely had both the HoS’s gear as well as possible syndie contrabands, I got myself a riot shotgun loaded with non-lethal shells, and went looking for him.

I then found him somewhere on the station, and proceeded to shoot at him. When he didn’t fight back, I, again, willfully stopped shooting and in fact did not run out of bullets. I threw the gun away, and gave him one last chance to explain himself. When it was clear to me that he was bullshitting again, I stun-batonned and cuffed him. I then took him to the brig, while he was still denying anything to do with the HoS. The AI then spilled the beans to the fact that it had indeed killed the HoS.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how absolutely nonsensical it was for you to literally ask the captain for his jetpack. What did you expect was going to happen?

By this point the shuttle was nearly arriving at the station, I believe with around 5-10 minutes left. I believe it was started by a vote. Also by this point, the morph was openly showing his party tricks to everyone he saw on the corridors, making the general environment chaotic, with any resemblance of order out of the window with the HoS gone and me occupied.

Seeing as any other plot that I would have liked to advance like going to talk to the ashwalkers with the HoS and deputy no longer had enough time to ripen, I decided to babysit him myself.

I bring him in, and strangle him for a few seconds before throwing him at a nearby wall out of (IC) anger. Everything’s gone to shit, and these two are the main culprits. I do admit I forgot to heal him if he was bleeding, but the thought honestly never occured to me at that moment. I proceeded to seperate the two of them and told each of them that I had killed the other, before reuniting them and returning them to the station.

During this encounter, @auce was heavily implying OOC repercussions for what I was doing. Although I got annoyed at this, I still carried him into the shuttle along with his lovebird AI. Nowhere in the round did I kill him, or otherwise heavily injure him up until the very end. I just didn’t play along with his le perfect plan.

I would have very much preferred to go do the ashwalker thing instead, but your actions were simply unignorable once you decided to kill the HoS. I don’t think I even touched you until the shotgun encounter, which already had grounds.

I gave you the benefit of the doubt, as well as the freedom to play at every twist and turn, and only resorted to force after you clearly murdered the one person helping me keep everything together.

The AI shot the HoS dead without my input or direction at all. Their only law was “They’re my favourite little AI. We love eachother”. They told me they did it because they thought they were going to change their laws or “wipe them”.

I don’t recall -at all- implying any OOC consequences during the round. I said “This is against protocol ya know” or osmehting to that effect when you were dragging my character in the genpop. After we had both died to the EORG thing I asked you for your ckey. Was there something else I missed that you interpreted that way?

This, along with how you completely disregarded what was going on and continued to claim innocence throughout the entire round.

Okay… Do you mean to say this doesn’t make you guilty of his death?

Yeah, that wasn’t at all intended to be an out of character remark, that’s my character knowing their rights and that security/command has rules to follow with arrests too.

Did my character’s actions results in the HoS dying? Yeah 100%. Did my character murder the HoS? Nope, and I was even going out of my way to revive them after I found that they didn’t in fact “wipe” the AI.

1 Like

Your character literally caused the death of the Head of Security. A sucker for protocol.

I don’t know what to say to you. In an effort to not further bloat this thread, I leave this to Admin discretion.

Sillycone policy states:

In addition, whomever purges the AI or cyborg is fully responsible for whatever actions the purged AI/cyborg performs.(Which is what you did, in essence)

So yes, you’re responsible for the HoS’s death, however,
Isolated killings and kills that reasonably assist with your objectives are not murderboning.
Security may be considered a threat and may be pre-emptively eliminated without provocation

I dont know how an antagonist causing the death of the HoS or not is relevant to this report.

Dude that’s an ooc rules ruling, not a damn IC thing.

I think the issue that they’re trying to bring up is attacking while they were typing.

I’m sorry for being a big bad meanie and not making way for every little detail on how he wanted the event chain to go. I hope you come to understand that other people playing the game also have wishes on what they want to do, if they’re within the rules. If I’m missing a ruling saying that you have diplomatic immunity while typing please do let me know.

It’s more of a manners thing not to initiate combat against someone while they’re typing without prior warning - typing indicators were added to make it easier to avoid initiating against someone incapable of reacting at the moment.

Typing indicators are logged to investigate instances of type-baiting in both directions… Or at least I assume that’s why it’s logged.

Edit:

I do want to say I’m speaking purely on this thought and not in regard to the greater context here. It’s generally rude but not always the wrong IC thing to do.

2 Likes

Sorry for letting it sit for a bit, I don’t really have an excuse either :slight_smile:

With that out of the way!
About the unfriendlyness to antag part.
It’s somewhat confirmed by logs.
The cap’ was rude and didn’t process you properly.
SOP and spacelaw are in shambles.

Now:
The cap had based on their informations very reasonnable suspicions you had killed the HOS and used rubbershot on you.
This is…meh?
Cap’ can be allowed a shotgun on blue and up if they think their life is at risk, or shit has truly hit the fan. Using it like that preemptively I’m not so sure overall but the POV from Xylana is enough I’ll rule it as okay-understable.
The processing is pretty bad, no attempts were made to contact sec, as caps should do in the first place (Okay, HOS dead and no deps’ make it hard so doesn’t matter), or if the cap’ take it in their own hands, spacelaw MUST be followed if possible.
The IC anger being expressed by some (light violence to prisonners) can be okay…it depends (throwing a guy against a wall/a punch while calling him a funny word =/= torture (it’s shitsec :sunglasses: )), but it’s a good reason to call lawyers, AIs…at the cap’) . Here, again with Xylana’s POV and logs, I think it’s okay-…ish, but for one point.
Honestly my main issue is with @Xlyana not communicating to you what your sentence was!
It’s good to know ICly and OOCly (and help admins when they logdive :clown_face: ), but even that is not really super important since from the time they took you in custody to the time they took you to the shuttle about seven minutes elapsed (murder is fifteen, prime a capital so meeeeeeeeeeh: minor shitsec).

Overall, this is not stellar captainship and I can point many small bad stuff if I go look that paints a slight issue: Xylana needs to brush up their SOP and spacelaw.

It’ll be documented.

Report processed.

1 Like