Wueue`s return! mentor app

Your CKEY: doktorwueue

Your Discord: wueue

How long have you been playing ss13?: i have been playing ss13 for am 5 years now ( its actually 5 years -15/16 days as of the day of writingt this)

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?: probally a lot of people, but none in specific

Game Experience (More Detailed): i have lots of experience in robotics, otherwise my knowledge in general is decent ( expect soem outliers like supermatter).

also feel free to ask question if questions need to be asked :moth: .
also my current hours

2 Likes

Imma give you a +1 no matter what, i only want you to try to answer my questions first.

1. I am trying to make fusion, I managed to start it up for a short while before it died off pretty quickly. I noticed that the tritium had become super heated and was barley making its way to the fusion chamber. What have I done wrong? How can I fix this issue?

2. I’m trying to make a single button on/off toggle switch with circuits, but I don’t know how to do it. Can you explain how I can go abouts?

3. I’m trying to break the theoretical maxcap record, what are some things I need to do/know to help me on my way?

You’re obviously competent and have been a mentor before, +1

You were a mentor not that long ago!
Come back in! +1

Giving a +1 because you have high hours and was a mentor recently, only stepping down voluntarily. Having that said:

Moff. +1 (T: +3)

Resignation under good terms, I dont see a reason to bar your reentry. Welcome back.

+1

T: 4

Glad to see you back.

+1 (T: +5)

I wish I could torment you with nanite questions but +1, you helped me a lot when I was new. (HE FORDED ME TO DO THIS HEL-)

1 Like

Here’s something I’ve been mean to mhelp for a long time:

What is the largest single chemical explosion possible and does it trigger the tachyon sensor if I blow that up instead of a TTV?

I can vouch for Wueue. He was an active and wonderful mentor. I would be happy to see you back on board. I give +1 too.

T: +7

1. i guess somethign migth be filtering the tritium out or it broke down into other gasses on the way there. so check the pipes with a gas analyser and if there are any conenctiosn thats siphon divert the tritium else where. and if close /remove these points and just straigth pipe it to thew fusion chamber.
  2. i have nto really dealt with circuits at all. i would probalyl ask another mentor for help with this one.
  3. bomb making is also a field i have nto much experience in so. same as above.

using a bombshell and makign a bomb with it. unsure if it would be picke dup by the tachyon but i think it will?

1 Like

It’s good atleast you know about the superiority of straight pipes, but the problem here was that the tritium had gotten super heated because there was heating pipes connecting the fusion chamber and the trit farm, something you usually use to kick start the fusion. A solution to this would to either have a valve in-between the heating pipes leading to the different chambers you can turn off when the fusion starts or just heatpumps.

I thought you would know this one since you got so many roboticist hours. All you need is an arithmetic component going into itself with it set to addition and one of the nodes to one, making a simple counter every time you press the button, then you can take the output of this and add it into a bitflag component which will check if the number is even or not.

Yea another mean atmos question. I was hoping you would at least answer that i need to use other gases with more extreme heat capacities, such as hyper nob for the hot tank and stimulum for the cold tank. There is a ton more tricks, like emp’ing the air pump to get the output pressure as close to 10100 kpa as possible or knowing that tanks get destroyed at 100000 degrees kelvin.

anyway i know youre a good mentor so you will have my +1, i just wanted to be mean.
T: +8

Theres no way you didnt add nobody to the people who vouch for you :skull:, i guess every mentor would vouch for you and so do i. Come back to the team man.

+1

T: +9

to answer tachyon array question off the bat, a saline grenade with 10000u of nitrous oxide did trigger it but it is nowhere close to a gas maxcap that toxins can do 10 minutes from roundstart

but instead I have since found an even larger chemistry bomb that I think holds the theoretical maximum a chem bomb can achieve and that is 100000u nitroglycerin
still not close to a gas maxcap in terms of sheer numbers
but at that point you’re likely to nuke the station anyway since chem grenades are not limited by an explosion maxcap

1 Like

Easier way to do a toggle is just use a counter that adds one every trigger and has an overflow limit of 1

previous good mentor and still active

+1

Wueue doin’ that rementor speedrun.

Accepting at +10.

4 Likes