Would revs gamemode benefit from rev leaders having a 'send to all' ability?

It is my opinion that the revs gamemode is very unfun, but has a lot of potential. The most limiting factor I see is the fact that revs rarely communicate with each other. I think something like a rev head ‘send to all’ might solve this. I’m including a vote on whether this is a good idea or not, but I’m also open to suggestions in the comments on how to incentivize communications with other revs.

Should rev heads have a ‘send to all revs’ ability?
  • Yes
  • No

0 voters

1 Like

Whenever I play revs 9/10 times I have no idea who the leaders are. It would be good to add some more social dynamics to the gamemode.

1 Like

Just don’t turn them into a lamer version of gangs

1 Like

In my opinion the chaos mob-style gameplay is defining for the gamemode, so I’m not sure if I’m on board with that ability.

2 Likes

Also I wish we could do something with miner head revs. Rev exile speedruns are not fun.
Edit. One of the things I can think of is to grant “send to all revs” button to heads only if station is like 50-75% revs, kinda like circumcised version cult.

I believe they do, a blue R means rev head.

1 Like

I brainfarted and forgot about it. My edit stays

I think the point of revs is to have the power in numbers but lack an easy means of communication. I definitely think head revs should have a pinpointer

Giving rev heads “send to all” would just make revolutionaries unstoodable

Revolutionaries rarely lose already dont make them stronger

3 Likes

Communication is key

I think it’s more in the spirit of revs to take over the station communications system than to just start with their own. Maybe just make it more obvious to revs who their leaders are even when they aren’t right next to them

2 Likes

This is pretty on point. Gotta seize the memes of production.

To be honest revs are dumb, using a flash bleh.

I wish it was like actual revolution, there could be chant someone has to repeat multiple times like Viva bees viva bees, viva bees !

Then if he is like close to the rev leader he becomes rev too.
Would be actual immersive and not just gay, being forced rev is gone too which was dumb

In a perfect world, Revs would work on RP. One outcast trying to convince the station to turn on their leadership one person at a time, until the actual revolution happens.

Designate someone as Revolution Head and give them the ability to offer others to join their cause not unlike the Devil’s suggestion (or refuse and be killed before they can squeal)

To an extent, a Rev head can already do this though - ask some leading questions and then flash convert if they get a favorable response.

That would be possible if not every single crewmember on earth tried to validhunt you while asking questions.

EDIT : When i think about it wording “every single crewmember on earth” doesn’t really apply to space stations but eh

revs needs a lot of improvements but this is not one of them

@Ruko if it’s against the rules to ask to be converted why shouldn’t it be against the rules to ask someone else if they want to be converted?

That’s a double standard.

You don’t ask if they want to be converted point blank.

“The captain is enjoying a nice bottle of wine with his meal while the chef serves up our dead comrades to us as burgers. What say we go take his wine, eh?”
flash

Yes if you ask point blank it would be self antag to agree. But loosely alluding to it and roleplaying like this isn’t asking someone to be an antag.

Seeking rev head out to join him is self antag

That sounds like toeing a line and would just lead to arguments over rulings, rule lawyering and the like.

I like and appreciate grey area, but beestation is lax enough that attracts shitters who will use that grey area to their advantage for the sake of causing people grief.

1 Like