Winter Darkraven banned by Pricklytomato -- Signed onto a Sequel

One mime with stun baton isn’t too dangerous to not detain.
Not only you have disabler, you also have bolas and pepper spray.

1 Like

I’ve got a 30 minute break, going to check logs real quick.

Should I find that mime hit you first, I will suggest the ban being lifted as it is unfair.

Scratch that, wifi machine broke.

to be fair, i have never seen sec using pepper spray and bolas when you have disabler, flash and baton in your belt

I use pepper spray all the time. It’s an instant horizontal and drops hands for a second. Great time to get some disabled in.

Pulling logs on this.

It is under space law dough(nut) :flushed:

Adminhelp logs

Ticket 6 about revs
Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:40:40.588 ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #6: [[Removed Information]]/[[Removed Information]]: man this officer just killed me with no proof i was rev head, idk if this is a valid complaint
Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:42:13.463 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->[[Removed Information]]/[[Removed Information]]: You were a head revolutionary, you can’t be deconverted. When they tried to implant you it gave them a message that you have resisted the implantation. The only thing they can do is either kill or perma you, which it’s up to them to decide on that
Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:42:19.182 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: [[Removed Information]]/[[Removed Information]]->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): i see
Megatron and Admin

Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:47:17.167 ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #8: Not megatron/(Alfred Mimington): Hello. I have been beaten to death and hidden in a closet for slipping a sec officer during fake revs.
Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:49:34.447 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Not megatron/(Alfred Mimington): looking into it, and it is real rev’s btw
Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:49:49.225 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Not megatron/(Alfred Mimington)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Funny coincidence
– round ends, delayed
Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:00:27.514 ADMINPRIVATE: Ticket #8: Not megatron/(Leaf): If it’s delayed for my shit then hmm the fact that it was revs and I was pretending to be one may explain some of secs behavior :thinking:

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:03:29.194 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Not megatron/(Leaf): as I look through logs, did you attack them at any point with a stun baton?

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:04:57.392 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Not megatron/(Leaf)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Ye I clubbed one of them a few times in medbay

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:07:58.443 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Not megatron/(Leaf)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Lemme see, so in medbay a fight broke out when I was reviving some rando involving a sec officer who got on my bad side earlier and they started shooting at me

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:09:41.931 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Not megatron/(Leaf)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): I got involved and ended up canoodling the sec officer a little, was going to flush them down disposals but someone intervened and they managed to take me down. then the sec officer cuffed and curbstomped me to death and hid me in a locker

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:10:13.201 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Not megatron/(Leaf): Yeah that’s what it looked like in the logs

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:10:35.840 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Not megatron/(Leaf)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Welp have fun with that one i guess

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:17:20.267 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Not megatron/(derelict drone (541)): why were you stunning an officer? Little bit of self antagging behavior

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:18:50.415 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Not megatron/(derelict drone (541))->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Much earlier in the round I got into a little bit of a tiff with an engineer and the officer in particular had happened to come by and was just a dick about it so I had pretty much decided I'd be making sec miserable

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:19:05.643 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Not megatron/(derelict drone (541))->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Also did not realize revs were real at the time

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:25:41.136 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Not megatron/(derelict drone (541)): Alright, going to note you about this and leave you with a warning for this.

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:25:56.024 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Not megatron/(derelict drone (541))->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Fair, what about the cop?

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:28:45.734 ADMINPRIVATE: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey) has created a note for Not megatron: Stunned sec during rev round, didn’t know it rev’s. Warned them to double check next time

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:29:15.850 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Not megatron/(derelict drone (541)): They’ve been delt with and a punishment has been given out, check out the bans on the beestation website if you want to see for yourself

Velvet and Admin

Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:48:13.162 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen): Why did you Kill Alfred Mimington?

Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:49:26.491 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Is that the mime? They stole my baton and were using it against me. Aren't I allowed to use lethal force against revs with weapons? " It is for this reason that the situations that warrant the use of Deadly Force are few and far between, in the grand majority of circumstances you will be expected to use your stun weapons, which indeed are many times more effective than lethal options, to diffuse a situation. " ?

Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:50:05.267 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Whoops, it didn't copy the whole thing. "Armed and Dangerous - if a suspect is in possession of weapons, including stun weapons, and you have reasonable suspicion that they will use these against you, lethal force is permitted. Although in the majority of cases it is still preferable to attempt to detain them non-lethally.#"

Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:52:26.530 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen): Looking at logs, they haven’t attacked you at all (except stun locking you and shoving you down disposels). You could’ve arrested, mindshielded, and then brigged them for assault. Your use of lethal force was extremely unwarented

Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:52:54.557 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): They used my baton. "Alfred Mimington has electrocuted you with the stun baton!"

Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:57:20.141 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen): The logs do not show that

Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:58:54.424 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Alfred Mimington has electrocuted you with the stun baton!###Your armor softens the blow!#Alfred Mimington has electrocuted you with the stun baton!###Your armor softens the blow!#Himiko Kwen screams!#Your right leg is too damaged to function!#Alfred Mimington has electrocuted you with the stun baton!###Your armor softens the blow!#Alfred Mimington has electrocuted you with the stun baton!

Sep 10, 2020 @ 23:59:53.796 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Combat logs should show that. They had a stun baton, I decided to use lethal force under space law. It was a in-the-action type of thing. This is IC considering this is a rev round.

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:09:22.520 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen): They just stunned you, they didn’t do any damage whatsoever, it is a rev round but the moment you have what you believe to be a rev in custady, you didn’t even try to deconvert them or anything

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:10:37.528 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): Yes, they did attack an officer with a lethal weapon as a rev. Yes, they were put down.

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:12:29.836 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): You confirmed they had a baton and were using it against my character. Lethal force is allowed, you can disagree and point to other options, but that's just backseat security.

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:14:24.184 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen): Got a name to the officer? Couldn’t find anytime he actually did damage to someone. Stunning someone and actually trying to murder someone is different. Where under space law does it say that using a stun baton on someone means death? You had them arrested and then killed them at brig. Lethal Force was not allowed in this situation, thinking about a three day job ban for overescalation and space law violation

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:14:55.743 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen): They weren’t even a rev at the end of the day

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:16:39.584 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): They weren't a rev?! Why were they stunning an officer trying to mindshield people! That's gotta be self antag, c'mon. And for the officer, I'm just talking in the 3rd person. It was an in-the-action moment, I didn't even kill them at Brig, they weren't handcuffed. The fight led out into the halls with a stun baton duel that I managed to win. I thought they were a rev, how was I meant to know.

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:19:21.590 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): A permaban for killing a person that was acting like a rev and stunning an officer is waaaaaay too harsh imo. He was acting like a rev with a stun weapon, it's covered in the use of deadly force.

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:19:48.053 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen): You could’ve dragged them to the brig after you had stunned them and mindsheilded them, already talking to them about stunning you. You still have to admit, this is still overescalation and not proper space law. I’m not planning a perma ban, just like a 3 day sec job ban

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:22:40.933 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): No, it will be a perma – I know that. It's back seat security, I could've done that or I could've done it my way. I thought they were a rev, I can't read minds, only actions. "" Armed and Dangerous - if a suspect is in possession of weapons, including stun weapons ""

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:23:58.064 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen)->Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey): The mime was sabotaging security on a rev round. Isn't that a big no no.

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:27:03.183 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen): Double checking notes and everything, yeah it’s gonna be upt to a perma. The mime had previous bad encounters with sec and they had no idea that their were actually rev’s, I’m going to let them off with a note and a warning because of they genuienly didn’t know it was really rev’s.

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:27:58.724 ADMINPRIVATE: PM: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey)->Winter Darkraven/(Himiko Kwen): I’m just going to issue the ban now so this ticket no longer holds up the next round

Sep 11, 2020 @ 00:28:15.516 ADMINPRIVATE: Prickly_tomato/(Alexandra Mcloskey) has created a global permanent role ban from 6 roles for Winter Darkraven. Roles: Head of Security, Warden, Detective, Security Officer, Brig Physician, Deputy Reason: Killed a mime over them using a stun baton on them, used the excuse that it was a rev round and that stunning required lethal force. They didn’t damage you at all during the encounter, this ban is for overescalation and not following proper space law. Already on thin ice so just going to do a job ban, appeal on beeforums if you feel this was wrong

Canoodling?

Also, after going through the logs Bloons supplied… I can’t really say this ban was justified. At all. “Act like an antag, be treated like an antag”; Velvet has every right to kill a guy if they act like a rev and attack them first.

Notmegatron should’ve received a larger punishment, and Velvet should’ve gotten off with a note at most.

That’s my two cents though.

6 Likes

Gonna guess they’re referring to this:

The reasoning behind that being that if an antag is using stun weapons against you, you can reasonably assume that once you’re stunned they will apply toolbox to head until dead.

5 Likes

There is no note. There is no wrongdoing on velvets part, if SHE is getting banned for being right, YOU will be setting a very bad precedent for US, the players.
This ban was wrong. Admit to it and unbean. Ban the mime for lrp behaviour.

bruh when did I mention banning velvet?

I literally just said the ban was wrong. I did a full three lines explaining why it was wrong. I’m not going to unban until an actual verdict amongst fullmins is made.

Right, right, sorry. I meant that there should be no note for a situation this crystally clear wrong.

Please note how I said at most. I, personally, would’ve banned the mime and nothing else. Other admins might’ve noted Velvet as well. I’m taking into account the potential actions of other adminitstrators.

Also, isn’t Barrel Box a restaurant in the US?

Stamina damage is still damage, albeit impermanent. In an ideal world you can capture and deconvert every rev, but in reality you have limited amount of mindshields, storage space, time, health, etc so you need to take the actions which will let you be the most efficient with your current resources. One armed and dangerous rev (or at least acting like one) thus being killed when they try to kill you does not warrant a sec ban.

getting banned for killing antags

mrp cringe moment

9 Likes

This does seem to warrant a ban, but not a full perma from everywhere, is he really on that thin of ice?

ooooooh that’s bad.

Looks like you were using the “he antag so I can make he horizontal” excuse, which isn’t necessarily allowed on MRP

ok but I can see his side of the story as well. Seems like a big misunderstanding. Both did the shitty but IMO perma is too much.

my dude, that is LRP rules, not MRP. Velvet still did a bad within the RP. I don’t think sec is supposed to be bloodthirsty like that even to the point of hiding a body in a locker.

The ice was VERY thin. Bringing her back to begin with was a mistake imo

I can drop attack logs later on, but before that revs had been confirmed by Velvet.

It’s also specifically allowed to use lethal force if being attacked with stunning weapons as security.

1 Like