WhereAmO Staff Feedback Thread

This is the feedback thread for @WhereAmI / WhereAmO

Please provide your thoughts about how they perform.

This is not the place for ban appeals or player reports but you can mention specific events and how they handled it given you don’t try to change the outcome of the case.

You are expected to keep a somewhat formal tone and give constructive criticism. Insults will not be tolerated.

1 Like

Oh right I forgot these existed.

Everyone does, especially the headmins.

1 Like

WhereAmO are the most moderator of the server and he doesn’t afraid of anything.

6 Likes

Who are you. How did you get into my house. Is this a threat. I am afraid of this message.

2 Likes

I believe he is an okay admin 6/10
ckey: NorfFC
PC: John Polycarp

My most recent experience with this admin was during his administration of a ticket against me, where I got really pissed at a morph eating all the shit in Engie so I went after it with a welder and eventually welderbombed it in an(unsuccessful) attempt to prevent it from escaping the Engineering Department or just running to another corner and eating more shit that we need as SEs. During our conversation, he was very cordial and was respectful in responding to my contentions regarding his interpretation of what I did, as presented it to me. All in all, I was very satisfied with our discussion and when the ticket closed, I thought it was a rather pleasant and constructive experience for us both in regards to the nuances of RP with antags. However, when I checked the admin remarks, I was confronted with a 3-exclamation-mark ticket stating ‘As a Engineer, welderbombed a morph wordlessly, this is not how a non-combat role should be acting’.
I expected a ticket, which was 100% justified by the welder-bombing alone, but I did at least expect @WhereAmI to include the context surrounding the incident, and I was saddened to see that none of my elaborations on my behaviour, that of the morph, or even that the incident took place in MY workplace, because I saw that despite explaining the rationale behind my actions well in the context of what was occuring at the time, it all ultimately fell flat and seemed like he had already made up his mind, before he contacted me.
When I arose my concerns about the morph’s behaviour on discord(The RP of the morph for the rest of the round was quite subpar, though @WhereAmI did not seem to think so), the nature of my ticket and it’s content, @WhereAmI referred me to the-salt-mines.
After beginning a frankly acrimonious dialogue with the morph player(Cotton, who was unjustifiably smug, provocative and very much indignant regarding her conduct that round), @WhereAmI intermittently interrupted the flow of argument repeatedly to remind us that ‘It was resolved in-game’:
Furthermore, he completely stone-walled me when I enquired regarding the wording of the ticket and its severity, and often dimissed me in a childish manner(3rd image down):

To his ‘credit’( I was frankly incensed by his tone here, implying that him conveying the worst possible account of my actions in a 3-exclamation-mark note was a just a minor misgiving, and that he would be gracious enough to alter it):

The reason I decided to write this quite lengthy feedback report is this:

I, and perhaps I’m being rather harsh here, was a pretty clear attempt to kill any further discourse regarding his or the morph’s conduct by leveraging his position as an admin together with a strongly-worded and bold-formatted statement to inform us that any discussion proceeding was ‘pointless’ and that we should stop before he starts advocating for us ‘calming down’

If you are unsure about the timeline of events in discord or in-game, then you are obviously free to check the respective logs; if you come away with a different interpretation of events and wish to contend, then I am all too happy to discuss that with you either in here or the discord.

However, this will not take away the absolute distaste I will have now and going forward for the conduct of @WhereAmI during the post-ticket debate, and I sincerely hope that I will never have the displeasure of conversing or dealing with him in any way, shape or form, in the future; I hope he either improves or matures, or otherwise the other players will start taking notice of his rather particular way of dealing with situations and he will be forced to deal with a decent admin looking over his record, very soon.
Unfortunately, I’ve had much worse experiences with certain admins in the past, so I can’t badger him too much: he did at least correct the ticket in the end, which I’m almost satisfied with.

1 Like

i woudl say a good admin, keep it up . :3
Heretiker

7 Likes

uhhhh this doesnt feel like a 6/10…

1 Like

On it’s own, it isn’t; but with all other factors included, I felt that the 6/10 was a fair judgement

Solid choice for administration

8/8

Good staff app hustler :+1:t2: 7/7