Warden & Gang Violate SOP to Create Prison Pipeline Analogy, Multiple Player Reports

I guess this explains why Acting HoP rounds are so rare for me nowadays. I’ll ensure to follow SOP when it comes to that I guess. sorry for the probably peanut.

I still have no idea why captain did it, i believe i asked him but got no response. And i asked to remove them from the Hop position after his first breach of Sop(or maybe not i forgot)

1 Like

As the clown hop I made a joke about becoming the head of clowns. Guess the cap liked it

With all due respect, but I do not agree in the slightest.

Let me start by saying that I wasn’t in the round and wasn’t aware of anything before reading the(for now)2 reports about the incident.

What is clear here is that security(particularly the warden) did a terrible job in continaing not even a menace or a threat, but just an influx of clowns. Reading the other appeal it seems the HOS was completely left out in the dark about any of this, the detective was feeded false informations from one of his colleague about the HOS declaring martial law on the clowns etc. etc. With the warden permagullaging(and failing even at that) and killing the poor clowns that made it out after having worked their sentence. That maybe in some case were justified for some gulagging, maybe not. But at least from what I’m reading and gathering from these two reports, not even a single instance warranted a permagulagging.

This could have been easily solved just respecting the bare minimum spacelaw and SOP on security part.

About the HOP’s SOP violation part :

The Clown was never a HOP. Just a clown promoted HOP

He handed out AA as correctly referring to Xenos as an extreme emergency :

1. The Head of Personnel may not grant anyone all access unless there is an extreme emergency.

Even if the xenos were very easily and swiftly dealt with, if more than someone is screaming in common and that’s your play style, this is an acceptable, viable and authorised choice.

The true violation of HOP SOP conduct was the following :

1. The Head of Personnel is not permitted to open extra job slots for civilian slots unless the original crewmember of this job is dead or missing.

But he, being a clown, couldn’t care less I guess.

Now, if I was not involved(and I wasn’t) and if I didn’t even know about the whole charade(I didn’t!), then why do I care?

It’s simple! I love playing HOP and I see this event as a wonderful(even if SOP breaking) gimmick that could have been fantastically roleplayed. And maybe, if it was let to flourish instead than being met with harmbaton, bullets, lethal lasers and permagulagging without even knowing how to do it…

Then this would have been a fantastic occasion to spark some HOP’s SOP review.

So I guess I’m a little bit partial here and for this reason I wanted to spell out, word by word, my reasoning and my motives behind it.

But let me reiterate. I see fundamentally no problem with an HOP or Captain opening more civilian slots, would it be janitors, chef, botanists, librarians, clowns, mimes or whatsnot, just to add some spice in the round. After all it’s the players in lobby who ultimately decide if this gimmick should continue or not and I think that a lot of clowns and mimes players would love to share some company of their brethen, once in a while.

The problem, even if technically against one particular SOP point here, for me weren’t 5 or more harmless clowns. And weren’t even the HOS, completely unaware of the events or the officers and the detective(lied to from other officers).

But this strange, permagulag angry, warden and his… very hard to understand extreme reaction to an harmless, and frankly lovely, gimmick.

6 Likes

I think the root of this Pile is the Cap promoting a clown > Clown being a clown triggers a clown army with AA > Security not realizing whats going on, stressing through out false orders from Warden and using lethals since they already are equipped and its Code red, i mostly shitted my pants when i saw the clown mech

Without question. My whole comment is regarding HoP SOP, so the whole security thing is nontopical really for that part of the discussion.

I guess, yeah, that’s following SOP, but in that situation, similar to WarOps, AA is common sense if you don’t want to die. Clowns still have some self-preservation (Can’t prank people if you’re dead).

More to the point:

Holding a clown to HoP’s SOP is stupid. If you promote a clown to HoP, SOP is not likely to be followed.

That’s why the person promoting the clown should be punished in addition to security(for different rule breaks).

It should also be added that, as far as I know, the clown HOP only gave us all access after the HOS started attacking us.
The clown-HOP then declared a clown revolution, that was probably why sec lost their minds.

2 Likes

OH and my personal experience: I was a clown, got all access from the HOP. HOP was attacked and called for help, I went to look. Security shot me dead with lethals, revived me and put me permanently in the gulag. Never any aggression on my part.

2 Likes

Yes we as security used lethal with extrem prejudice since code red, and we lost our shits when we heard clown riot. And as soon as i saw the clown mech i really thought this is war.

Alert SOP

Code Red - Martial Law

Situational alert level called in the event of imminent threat to the station. This should be performed by two heads of staff in cooperation with one another when there is a clear and present danger to the station.

• Suit sensors are to be set to tracking beacon mode at all times.
  • Able crew are expected to assist critical departments (Engineering, Security, and Medical) under the direction of their respective heads.
  • Heads of Staff should coordinate with the Head of Security to ensure crew safety.
  • Crew are required to follow orders given by Security when they are outside of their department.
  • Security is allowed to use lethal force with extreme prejudice on individuals who actively disrupt combat efforts. Proper justification is expected after the crisis ends; use of this clause for trivial matters can be considered assault or manslaughter, depending on the outcome.
  • Security is allowed to use lethal force with extreme prejudice on individuals who actively disrupt combat efforts. Proper justification is expected after the crisis ends; use of this clause for trivial matters can be considered assault or manslaughter, depending on the outcome.

You still need to… you know… investigate what’s actually going on. You can grab lethals in prep for your response but unless you’ve reason to believe they’re actively killing people, you should probably at least say a word or two first before opening fire.

3 Likes

Should note. Not a riot but a peaceful protest. I specifically noted the difference in it. This . as after sec mass arested us for no reason

After this reply I will probably astain from answering further, because I don’t want to peanut post nor to make our mods work more difficult/longer.

I think the root of this Pile is the Cap promoting a clown > Clown being a clown triggers a clown army with AA > Security not realizing whats going on, stressing through out false orders from Warden and using lethals since they already are equipped and its Code red, i mostly shitted my pants when i saw the clown mech

Techincally correct.

There are persons who(citing Futurama) think this is the best kind of correct.

Personally I do love being as technically correct as I can, but I’m not a fan of the mindset. And I love, with justifying context, the ability to give roleplay and context the last word on everything.

Holding a clown to HoP’s SOP is stupid. If you promote a clown to HoP, SOP is not likely to be followed.That’s why the person promoting the clown should be punished in addition to security(for different rule breaks).

But look at how much interest and traction these 2 reports are gathering, friend!

Once again, technically both the person promoting the clown(I suppose it was the captain?) and the warden were technically wrong.

But boy, oh boy, how much more wrong one of the two was!

I see rules as the CURRENT policy, not the ULTIMATE policy set in stone. After all this server has underwent and incredible amount of rule changes and policy reviews in his history. Me, being a sethtider that started when there was only Golden… let me just say I would have never, absolutely never even dreamed a future where the RP would have won the war for the soul of Beestation!

So even if, for now, both sides are technically incorrect, I can easily see a future where an HOP, legit from shift start or simply promoted, would be free to add job slots. In the end is in the player’s hands if to join as that job or not. If people feel like playing a clown amongst 10, or a mime amongst 20 or a chef amongst 30, this could lead to lovely, exciting and completely rp-friendly gameplay!

Even if it’s, for now, forbidden.

But a warden that act as the HOS, that has the old answer of “Hey, what’s that?! Something new! HARMBATON! PERMAGULAG!” is instead something that I cannot, even on another hypothetical server, LRP or even NORP at all centered, conceive being allowed.

Because that would never lead to a more interesting, engaging, friendly and cooperative experience. For no one involved. Especially the security department! Because let me tell you, shooting just to shoot gets old, and fast. And it’s not even done particularly well on a spessmen game, in 2d, still laggy and buggy as hell.

So that’s why I have complete sympathy and empathy for one side(and judging from the interest showed by a lot of people, it seems I’m not alone in wanting to be allowed to indulge in a similar gimmick, once in a while) and frankly no simpathy at all for the other.

One boosts varied, exciting and fresh shifts.

The other is just the bad, old, plain click until everything horizontal play style.

1 Like

Im sure im the only one who first tried to aim at them and say hands up most of the time, mostly ending by the target fleeing or i get hurt from the clown mech which was assisting them

Well this isn’t a good thread.

From what I gather it’s a mess of warden/sec apparently treating gulag as a place to permanently hold prisonners, some seccies (but who) using lethals unlawfully and for no real reasons, with some clowns who may or may not have self-antagged.

Yeah I’m splitting this up. I’ll only do the warden/gulag and security lethals part, someone else will have to look at the clowns and what they did.

1 Like

Like others said, the issue is a clown being promoted to a head of staff, and then the other clowns managing to not be funny, all the while creating a headache for security.

Security acted within the law when it came to response, they decided to sentence permanently based on code 407: Insurrection rather than code 307: Inciting a riot. The difference between these two lies in the intent sought by the culprits, insurrectionists want to topple the chain of command, while rioters just want to disrupt the peace.

Security seems to have failed to properly convey that everyone was sentenced permanently there. The situation was too messy looking at logs, to determine whether or not this was a correct charge, it was never debated in game.

I also cannot find the logs of you getting shot.

Finally,

This is simply not true:

4 clowns with AA doing gods knows what, not really being funny, and a security team.
I’m not going to warn or ban security players for a minor fault in communication like this, especially when these minor failings are aggravated by other players baiting a response from them.

Don’t commit crimes as clown if you don’t want to be arrested, had there been ill intents, I would have considered these actions and this report to be part of banbaiting.

If you are gonna write a large report, try to pinpoint details or clues that could lead us on. This really wasn’t easy to process, the ticket was purely focused on you getting shot and them rearresting you after gulag, not “General conduct” or whatever.

I hope the people reading this understand why we don’t let hop/cap give AA to the clowns and do whatever they want.

Report denied