Warden & Gang Violate SOP to Create Prison Pipeline Analogy, Multiple Player Reports

CKEY: Spacegoat

Offender’s CKEY: N/A

Offender’s In-Game Name: Lexi Archibald (Warden), Mike Osborn (Security Officer)

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 02-07-2023

Round Number: 42600

Rules Broken:
“R8 - Do Not Grief.” You cannot use your role as security to re-arrest former labor prisoners who served their sentence to create forever-prisoners.

“R7 - Be Excellent to Each Other.” The purpose of the labor camp is not to round remove players. They’re meant to return to the round. As security you are still responsible for prisoners, their evacuation, and informing them of sentences.

Incident Description: This report will likely serve as a place for others to add what else this security team did as I only saw a limited amount after being gulaged.

This this round we had four clowns and a Head of Clowns. At some point in the round we were offered all-access and most of us took it to attempt gimmicks.

I was the fourth clown and arrested for having the all-access. The arrest was lawful as I was trespassing in the bridge preparing an announcement.

I was sent to the gulag for 1000 points and learned how to serve labor sentences for the first time. No roleplay took place in the sentence. In fact I wasn’t told the sentence at all.

When I finished mining there were four more random people in the gulag. I recognized some were clowns. I went back down after serving to teach everyone else how it functioned. No one understood or knew their point sentence or how it worked.

The warden nor anyone else in security proper knew how to even return items from the gulag. I think they fully intentioned the gulag as a permanent no-return option despite the point allotment. This intent is more credible as people like me who served labor were re-arrested as permanent prisoners, as security members believed once you are a prisoner you remain one forever.

I argue that the warden did not intend for the labor shuttle to be used as a brig cell alternative but rather as a perma-prison by omission of details, sentence discussion, roleplay, or even allowing us to leave after serving.

I had served my sentence and helped the gulag residents learn how to redeem ore after mhelping. Some prisoners listened, others unga-ed windows. Again - no one was told they had been sentenced or how many (if any) mining points they needed to return. They all assumed this was permanent.

On the evacuation shuttle, Lexi walked up and batoned me in the passenger section. She re-arrested me to keep me buckle-cuffed in the shuttle. I did not resist initially and asked what they were doing. They told me I was still a prisoner and to “Just comply.” I and onlookers shoved them away.

Another officer seeing me stunned on the ground and in no danger then shot me with lethals. It wasn’t a stray shot and no one was around them to justify a panic shot. A reminder that someone horizontal needs to be clicked precisely on their tile to hit them with a laser gun. It was deliberate. I was then buckle-cuffed in the shuttle brig until end of round.

Additional Information: No staff were on for Ahelps.

• One security officer was loaded with lethal guns and a lethal syringe ready to go
  • One security officer harm lasering a clown stun-batoned on the ground who didn’t resist
  • Apparently more than one clown was murdered by security, revived, then gulagged?

I believe the intent was to use the gulag to round-remove players rather than use it for its intended purpose. Neither the warden nor the HOS had any knowledge of how labor sentences worked except to give them. Didn’t know SOP to inform prisoners their points to claim, or how to get their items back, etc. I had to mhelp to find how any of this worked.

No attempt was made to bring prisoners on to the evacuation shuttle, likely because of this intent to “win” as security and not lose.

4 Likes

hello hos here i had didnt know gulags was being given sorry for the shitsec

The intention was definitely to perma them. I observed Mike Osborne barge in and send someone to the gulag through the teleporter hub. It set their point target as 200 since it wasn’t specified and the Warden yelled at Mike because they said it was supposed to be perma.

i think all sec had lethals on them (i was one of the clowns, but didn’t get arrested)

While all of us did have lethals, most of that was due to the xenomorph that appeared earlier.

still, used them on the clowns

2 Likes

None of this would have happened if the shift start clown promoted to hop dident break Sop by raising the limit on clowns constantly. Then some blame on the captain for not stoping them, even after they tried to overthrow security

1 Like

I was the hop clown. I raised it to 3 and the cap made a joke about that not being enough. I thought it was okayed. Guess sec raised too much of a stink that there were some clowns.

2 Likes

I want you to read that again and think about this for a moment.

Done? Good, so you should have the same question as me.

Why the fuck was a clown promoted to HoP?

The clown doing clown things falls on the person who promoted the clown to HoP. Whether the clown followed SOP or not, the person who promoted them is frankly an idiot.

3 Likes

I guess this explains why Acting HoP rounds are so rare for me nowadays. I’ll ensure to follow SOP when it comes to that I guess. sorry for the probably peanut.

I still have no idea why captain did it, i believe i asked him but got no response. And i asked to remove them from the Hop position after his first breach of Sop(or maybe not i forgot)

1 Like

As the clown hop I made a joke about becoming the head of clowns. Guess the cap liked it

With all due respect, but I do not agree in the slightest.

Let me start by saying that I wasn’t in the round and wasn’t aware of anything before reading the(for now)2 reports about the incident.

What is clear here is that security(particularly the warden) did a terrible job in continaing not even a menace or a threat, but just an influx of clowns. Reading the other appeal it seems the HOS was completely left out in the dark about any of this, the detective was feeded false informations from one of his colleague about the HOS declaring martial law on the clowns etc. etc. With the warden permagullaging(and failing even at that) and killing the poor clowns that made it out after having worked their sentence. That maybe in some case were justified for some gulagging, maybe not. But at least from what I’m reading and gathering from these two reports, not even a single instance warranted a permagulagging.

This could have been easily solved just respecting the bare minimum spacelaw and SOP on security part.

About the HOP’s SOP violation part :

The Clown was never a HOP. Just a clown promoted HOP

He handed out AA as correctly referring to Xenos as an extreme emergency :

1. The Head of Personnel may not grant anyone all access unless there is an extreme emergency.

Even if the xenos were very easily and swiftly dealt with, if more than someone is screaming in common and that’s your play style, this is an acceptable, viable and authorised choice.

The true violation of HOP SOP conduct was the following :

1. The Head of Personnel is not permitted to open extra job slots for civilian slots unless the original crewmember of this job is dead or missing.

But he, being a clown, couldn’t care less I guess.

Now, if I was not involved(and I wasn’t) and if I didn’t even know about the whole charade(I didn’t!), then why do I care?

It’s simple! I love playing HOP and I see this event as a wonderful(even if SOP breaking) gimmick that could have been fantastically roleplayed. And maybe, if it was let to flourish instead than being met with harmbaton, bullets, lethal lasers and permagulagging without even knowing how to do it…

Then this would have been a fantastic occasion to spark some HOP’s SOP review.

So I guess I’m a little bit partial here and for this reason I wanted to spell out, word by word, my reasoning and my motives behind it.

But let me reiterate. I see fundamentally no problem with an HOP or Captain opening more civilian slots, would it be janitors, chef, botanists, librarians, clowns, mimes or whatsnot, just to add some spice in the round. After all it’s the players in lobby who ultimately decide if this gimmick should continue or not and I think that a lot of clowns and mimes players would love to share some company of their brethen, once in a while.

The problem, even if technically against one particular SOP point here, for me weren’t 5 or more harmless clowns. And weren’t even the HOS, completely unaware of the events or the officers and the detective(lied to from other officers).

But this strange, permagulag angry, warden and his… very hard to understand extreme reaction to an harmless, and frankly lovely, gimmick.

6 Likes

I think the root of this Pile is the Cap promoting a clown > Clown being a clown triggers a clown army with AA > Security not realizing whats going on, stressing through out false orders from Warden and using lethals since they already are equipped and its Code red, i mostly shitted my pants when i saw the clown mech

Without question. My whole comment is regarding HoP SOP, so the whole security thing is nontopical really for that part of the discussion.

I guess, yeah, that’s following SOP, but in that situation, similar to WarOps, AA is common sense if you don’t want to die. Clowns still have some self-preservation (Can’t prank people if you’re dead).

More to the point:

Holding a clown to HoP’s SOP is stupid. If you promote a clown to HoP, SOP is not likely to be followed.

That’s why the person promoting the clown should be punished in addition to security(for different rule breaks).

It should also be added that, as far as I know, the clown HOP only gave us all access after the HOS started attacking us.
The clown-HOP then declared a clown revolution, that was probably why sec lost their minds.

2 Likes

OH and my personal experience: I was a clown, got all access from the HOP. HOP was attacked and called for help, I went to look. Security shot me dead with lethals, revived me and put me permanently in the gulag. Never any aggression on my part.

2 Likes

Yes we as security used lethal with extrem prejudice since code red, and we lost our shits when we heard clown riot. And as soon as i saw the clown mech i really thought this is war.

Alert SOP

Code Red - Martial Law

Situational alert level called in the event of imminent threat to the station. This should be performed by two heads of staff in cooperation with one another when there is a clear and present danger to the station.

• Suit sensors are to be set to tracking beacon mode at all times.
  • Able crew are expected to assist critical departments (Engineering, Security, and Medical) under the direction of their respective heads.
  • Heads of Staff should coordinate with the Head of Security to ensure crew safety.
  • Crew are required to follow orders given by Security when they are outside of their department.
  • Security is allowed to use lethal force with extreme prejudice on individuals who actively disrupt combat efforts. Proper justification is expected after the crisis ends; use of this clause for trivial matters can be considered assault or manslaughter, depending on the outcome.
  • Security is allowed to use lethal force with extreme prejudice on individuals who actively disrupt combat efforts. Proper justification is expected after the crisis ends; use of this clause for trivial matters can be considered assault or manslaughter, depending on the outcome.

You still need to… you know… investigate what’s actually going on. You can grab lethals in prep for your response but unless you’ve reason to believe they’re actively killing people, you should probably at least say a word or two first before opening fire.

3 Likes

Should note. Not a riot but a peaceful protest. I specifically noted the difference in it. This . as after sec mass arested us for no reason