Virology, What can a nonantag do

Make meme viruses like “2nd puberty” with the hair growth and so on and make it entirely optional. Or make it beneficial and tell the AI to distribute it because not doing so is harm through inaction, like not fixing a hull breach. (aka, fixing breach could possibly prevent harm if somebody goes there, and giving the virus could possibly prevent harm if the right conditions are met)

yeah, dna saboteur was seen as too op when it was just positive powers, so i changed it to give neutrals as well

I just don’t think it equals what other departments have by the same point in the game. Losing the ability to communicate or taking eye damage are very negative side effects. Other departments late game stuff (xenobio, genetics, botany, robotics) don’t have major tradeoffs where even if I manage to make something cool the benefits and the cons equal out. Maybe a new level 9 that’s more positive would be cool. Also wanna note its impossible to get wizarditis to the transmission 14 for its teleporting ability

1 Like

I’ve been considering significantly boosting the healing of all the healsymptoms. I may do it sometime later, because they seem to simply not be seen as worth it at the moment. i’ve been trying very hard to not make viro too powerful with the changes, though

1 Like

I think that maybe adding a large variety of non-negative effects will help to change the way players view viro, by incentivizing good virus creation. This will also help with variety for both antags and the sentient disease mid-round, thus incentivizing creativity. And sure, it’s possible to spiral out of controll, but look at the end-round hazard of there being no air in lots of places. That’s also time consuming to fix and clean up.

give a symptom that heals but drains the energy from a room that you are in to heal.

2 Likes

DNA Saboteur with stage speed 14 (so it gives good mutations) is where it’s at.

Theres already organic flux or whatever its called, does an emp but heals cellular damage

they causes machines to break but it doesnt cause spontaneous power outages by just being present in a room

remember… if you get da antag you better make zombie virus if you gotta steal things… just put em in your bag and unleash the plauge to make the station your new undead friends so you can escape in peace as a zombie boi.

You could theoretically release a zombie virus as non-antag, since that scorched earth policy they get if the station is overrun with culties or revs

A new mechanic, Faltering, has been added. Dump spaceacillin in your disease to make it 100% safe.

2 Likes