Viewing ghost roles

So for some reason I really want to play an Ashwalker. I want to be it first thing in the round, build a house made out of solid gold and then announce myself as the Ash king when other lizards spawn. Problem is, when I ghost the Ashwalker base has usually not even spawned in! Since Golden and Sage are the only 2 servers I play on (partly because I like the codebase and partly because it’s lag-free), this means I basically can’t play SS13 for 1 to 1.5 hours long. That’s why I’m asking for a feature, or at least the consideration for the feature of viewing ghost roles so that I don’t make the same mistake a fourth time!

Thank you in advance.

This is a pretty recent thread that covers why we have ghost roles as they are. Unless we find a system that doesn’t have these issues, it’ll probably stay the observer risk system.

1 Like

If you could see ghost roals you could

• Just see what spawns there are on lavaland as a miner
  • Encourages suicide to get a better role (Check there are ashawlkers, suicide and get revenge on whoever just killed you!)

I have an idea. Run a poll before each round that people vote for their favorite ghost role but don’t show the results. This will not completely solve the problem but at least we make sure that ghost roles are the ones that players like.

The only problem is all people vote for ash liggers so they can get back and rampage on the station