[VictorPride & WinterDarkraven] Player Report

yeah and for me it’s always notes when half of them are appealed or invalid bans lmao

1 Like

okay so if i just do something that i havent done before such as ERP. I can just use my playtime as reasoning to bend server rules? yeah lets see how well you’re theory works on someone who admins dont like that much

2 Likes

What he means is that if I have a history of 5 murderboning notes over 5 days, I’d be banned. If I had a history of 5 murderboning notes over 5 years, I probably wouldn’t be banned.

1 Like

It works both ways. If you bomb the emergency shuttle with <10 hours I tend to permaban. If you self antag with 30-70 hours I usually note. If you self-antag with 300+ hours the intent is obvious, but if you self-antag with out ever having done it before in 300 hours it should not be a ban. Context is important since the game and rule breaks have so many variables to them.

1 Like

1824 hours, only 2 pages of notes. None related to ERP.

im still arguing that they change the argument whether or not they like you or not. for instance on a xenobio appeal i made on jan they used one note that i had gotten almost half a year ago with half the playtime as a reason to keep the ban

1 Like

1824 Hours, all of that time having clear knowledge of the rules.
Decreasing their ban time would make no fucking sense.

1 Like

this would be like if i made an alt played 1000 hours and then erp’d and argue “well i have 0 notes lol!!!”

1 Like

I’m on board with the ban now. However, my previous argument was that if it wasn’t explicit or 18+ then yes, a temp ban would have served fine.

It was a fuck up, but still a fuck up

This’ now the most posted thread on this fucking forum, and it’s about one of the most disappointing subjects so fucking far.

Do remember, if a contributor or a regular. The rules do apply to you too. And ERPing leads to a permaban no matter how long you’ve played or how much shit you’ve coded in.

2 Likes

Thanks for all the fun times Bee, you’ve been great server to me and I regret that my stay has ended on a sour note.

I do want to apologise for my behaviour stepping over that line and for any trouble it might cause the server hosts.

Those who I’ve become friends with here, you know how to reach me. Probably going to head back to /tg/ or play Planetside again or something.

Its not about conviction. ERP has a 0 tolerance policy. I can’t deny it was ERP, it was, just really tame. I disagree with it, but it’s not my job to make up and enforce my own standard. I voice opinions, but it is council that decides rules.

3 Likes

Repeated offenders and long time players (aka supposedly knew the rules).

Penalty is justified. They should appeal it later.

They probably won’t appeal it, as it seems both of them enjoy playing on TG.

And that’s what I said, the penalty is completely justified as Victor has 1800+ hours.
(Probably enough time to go over the rules a couple thousand times over.)

This entire situation was first and foremost cringe as hell. They, based on previous behaviour, were toeing the line and made one too many steps in the wrong direction. The delay between that happening and any admin action, followed by an immediate ban as soon as an admin makes the report lack much authority.

Overall, considering the time invested by said people into the community and their contributions, at least Victor’s, combined with the lack of previous warnings/bans for anything like this (?) to me seem like a case where a punishment, perhaps severe, is in order but maybe not perma.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Since the thread has been processed and reached it’s conclusion, it’s probably best to close it for the time being.

Punishment was late because some jannies for reasons seemed to ignore it and just go haha funny cringe.

Xylana wasn’t aware of this situation having happened and took action and made the report when informed.

Time invested and ‘contributions’ shouldn’t make you exempt from rules, especially ERP rules bruh

3 Likes

Old Bee moment