Warn

Ban Length:
Forever

Ban Date (MM/DD/YYYY):
09/10/2023

Ban Reason:
imagen

Appeal Reason:
There is no rule talking about not speaking any other language stated in the discord rules. I’ve spoke in spanish dozens of times and seen other people speak in other languages without any problem. I pinged them on general to talk about it and that’s the only thing I can see that was wrong. But I spoke in our mother language so I could explain myself more relaxed and he could understand what I was saying (And any spanish speaker from the server can tell you that I was being pretty chill talking.

Rule 7.11

English is the primary language of the server. You are expected to keep your communications within the server and the discord in English, so that other players may understand you.

Oh it’s on the game rules, okay.

But then again, why does that matter all of a sudden, I’ve even seen staff communicating on other language if they are talking to their same language buddies. If it’s not being used to leave people out of conversations or mock them, why is it a problem. If it’s enforced it should be enforced at all times, not just sometimes. But that’s just my opinion

1. Someone that doesn’t speak a given language can’t know how the language is being used.

2. Staff can’t be expected to know all languages all the time.

If I say

たたかえ と しんぞ を ささげよ

At first glance, you have no idea whether or not this is derogatory or not.

Only a small number of people are going to discern what I said because they took the time to run it through a translator, and an even smaller number of people are going to know immediately what I tried saying and realize I said it improperly because the translator didn’t pick up in it.

The person I was talking to is a staff member that speaks the same language as me, so if I said something out of line they would take action, because they are an admin.

You forgot to mention I had to time you out.

I’m not going to entertain this discussion. You were warned because you were out of line, and I’m convinced you know it.

This is an english speaking server. I don’t think what you did sits on the same levels as Tamus or I saying “merde” to each other.
Your feedback on this common sense rule has been noted.

Appeal denied. Get back to us in a month with good behaviour, when you’re willing to try and understand why this isn’t acceptable server.

1 Like

You put them in a difficult situation by lashing out at them. From their perspective, it’s understandable that they wouldn’t act and allow this to happen for fear of bias.

You are being disingenuous by exploiting this.

3 Likes