Vaporwhisp mentor application

Your CKEY: vaporwhisp

Your Discord: ultramagnus#2120

How long have you been playing ss13?: ABout two years now

Who vouches for your experience (if anyone)?:

Game Experience (More Detailed): I have too many hours as engi, but don’t be decieved by low sci hours either.

2 Likes

Try to get a more even spread playtime, but other then that this looks good, ill have mentors ask questions before I give my 1 up

engi main engi main

• engineer asks why the SM randomly caught fire. they say they didint even the emitters on

• an engi ask how to fix tcomms (from playing the game you can hear bugged giberrish from comms
    A* 8%p#e@) what could be wrong

• player asks how to build a borg

• a player asks the basics of nanites

• a medical player is asking why this patient recieves random brute damage. while not having any reagents in him and being in a ok room. what could be the cause

• what is bungotoxin what does it do

• a player ask is it ok to plasmaflood security to kill 1 prisoner target. your answer

• engineer asks why the SM randomly caught fire. they say they didn’t even have the emitters on

I’d tell them to check ALL the filters, and pumps(they likely didn’t straightpipe it), make sure they are ON, and add coolant, someone very likely set the air alarm before adding coolant (no joke, seen this five times in as many days)

• an engi ask how to fix tcomms (from playing the game you can hear bugged giberrish from comms A* 8%p#e@) what could be wrong

Exospheric anomaly, either a processor is down, or it exploded fully. It either needs to be relinked (hit the machine with a multitool, name it processor X, and set to the proper network) or needs to be rebuilt entirely, and THEN relinked. Don’t forget your internals in the super cold room!

• player asks how to build a borg

acquire a full set of cyborg parts, either from an exosuit fabricator, or the three or four places you can find them in a pile, attachs arms and legs to the endoskeleton, add two flashes to the head, attach that, add a power cell and cables to the chest(make it a good one or the borg can give you an earful), and then add either your positronic brain or consentually acquired MMI.

a player asks the basics of nanites

Put the dog in the tube, give it nanites, wait a bit while research builds up, and then you can actually start building your nanites. It all depends on what you want them to do, because if you pile too many programs on, then they won’t do much at all. This would be an extended Mentorhelp session because there are a lot TO nanites, but I would cover the important details such as the species sensors for slime and oozepeople respectively so they don’t die to the nanites (should they opt to do blood filtration at all), and what all of the important programs do. I can expland on this, but the answer would be REALLY long.

a medical player is asking why this patient recieves random brute damage. while not having any reagents in him and being in a ok room. what could be the cause

I’m not medical expert, so this is one I’m not super sure on, but I’d tell them to print an Advanced health Analyzer, take a blood sample and deliver it to the virologist, and move from there. It could either be a brain trauma that makes them punch themselves, a possible stealth virus, or it might be the nanites?

• what is bungotoxin what does it do

toxin from the pit of the bungo fruit tree, and it either gives you heart attacks or straight up makes your heart explode?

a player ask is it ok to plasmaflood security to kill 1 prisoner target. your answer

“Slow your roll, consider if you want that much destruction for one person, and then ahelp it because mentors cannot and should not answer rules questions”

My intro to bee code was actually on a small, private server (pop maxed out at 12) so my knowledge base is quite wide, even considering my hours spread.

I’d tell them to check ALL the filters, and pumps(they likely didn’t straightpipe it), make sure they are ON, and add coolant, someone very likely set the air alarm before adding coolant (no joke, seen this five times in as many days)

the clasic blunders ineed. good

Exospheric anomaly, either a processor is down, or it exploded fully. It either needs to be relinked (hit the machine with a multitool, name it processor X, and set to the proper network) or needs to be rebuilt entirely, and THEN relinked. Don’t forget your internals in the super cold room!

yes good

acquire a full set of cyborg parts, either from an exosuit fabricator, or the three or four places you can find them in a pile, attachs arms and legs to the endoskeleton, add two flashes to the head, attach that, add a power cell and cables to the chest(make it a good one or the borg can give you an earful), and then add either your positronic brain or consentually acquired MMI.

consentually… good

Put the dog in the tube, give it nanites, wait a bit while research builds up, and then you can actually start building your nanites. It all depends on what you want them to do, because if you pile too many programs on, then they won’t do much at all. This would be an extended Mentorhelp session because there are a lot TO nanites, but I would cover the important details such as the species sensors for slime and oozepeople respectively so they don’t die to the nanites (should they opt to do blood filtration at all), and what all of the important programs do. I can expland on this, but the answer would be REALLY long.

dont forget to setup the network ID and cloud plenty newcomers forget that one
otherwise: ok

I’m not medical expert, so this is one I’m not super sure on, but I’d tell them to print an Advanced health Analyzer, take a blood sample and deliver it to the virologist, and move from there. It could either be a brain trauma that makes them punch themselves, a possible stealth virus, or it might be the nanites?

the most common cause of that is acually a heart attack as it deals brute
but it could be nanites to…

“Slow your roll, consider if you want that much destruction for one person, and then ahelp it because mentors cannot and should not answer rules questions”

good answer

you seem knolegable +1 from me but i would still like to see more answer from the other’s questions
whenever they arrive

here are some common mhelps, how do you respond?

“help”

“how do I make a heretic rune?”

the nword

“do you like Fortnite?”

“help”

How can I help?

“how do I make a heretic rune?”

In a flat 3 tile by 3 tile area, click with your book in the middle

the nword

I’d just ahelp that, and not glorify it with a response.

“do you like Fortnite?”

I don’t enjoy the gameplay, but I respect their profitability and staying power.

I don’t actually have to answer the nonsense mhelp’s do I? Like, a blank “help” I can get, but Fortnite is NOT SS13.

1. you dont have to answer any mhelp, aslog as you are active enough abd answer enough to can

2. +1

Going to be denying this due to a ban that was placed during the time of this application involving toxicity towards another player which is both generally bad, and also directly goes against Non-Admin Staff Conduct. You’re welcome to re-apply in the future.