Unknown player report! 😳

Our old rulings had a special clause for attacking Security and the Captain - the rules rework only expanded that to all command staff. Jan made it very clear their intention was to kill the officer, and others may have been seen as helping them based on context.

As for context:

Ferris asked you to talk about the dead moth, you declined and ran away while evading the disabler shots that came after the sec officer decided to ask first and shoot non-lethals second.

You opted to resist security for no reason instead of complying with questioning and search which would have yielded nothing, and you knew that. Conversation continues in brig:

Meanwhile a player butthurt that they were harmlessly stunned tries to get people to help him kill the sec officer while you're shouting falsehoods over comms. A short time passes and Jan confronts Ferris where the situation is explained

The brig is breached by the now three man team and Ferris opens non-lethal fire, is hit with bolas twice and starts getting beaten by the Chief Engineer

So now, most notably there were only two of the three of you that showed lethal intent yes? Winter also only killed those two

ATTACK: Dream 2nite/(Major Major) Has succumbed to death while in soft critical with -12.1 points of health! (Brig (119, 171, 2))

You didn’t even give them the chance, and after you went down the others started ordering silicons to get involved, at which point they would undoubtedly have been killed for so much as harming, let alone killing in self-defense since they were a felinid.

None of the players involved were antagonists, and you opted to mob sec 3v1 - You are correct that you never actually attacked @dream2nite, but you did instigate the situation and still trespassed with the group with known lethal intent for the officer on top of succumbing as soon as you entered crit.

In a chaotic mob, it’s not readily easy to keep track of who is and isn’t attacking you, and you had already firmly gotten yourself labeled as being against the officer in the round - this very much looked like a case of antagonists trying to overthrow the officer.

this looks largely IC to me
typical LRP sit
->sec actualy does their job
->player dont cooperate because that is more fun
->sec wins
->WAAAAAAAAAAA my cri
->let go kill sec lmao
->loose again
->WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA sec killed me for no raisin!!!

Using lethal force is okay imo due to space law clauses regarding deadly force IMO, pluss escalation clause about tresspassers
Killing Jan under Attepmted murder is 100% cool as he clearly stated that is his intent so while there still should have been more proper procedure it is the correct sentance (jan even bola’d him)
The other 2 also being killed is a bit stinky, espechaly the one that is aleady confiremd to not a be a BB due to implant check
but i can see how you would end up doing it if all three are breaking into sec tohether and 2 of them start attacking you for doing your job (one with stated intent to kill)

in game It’d lead to a bwoink by me likely but if was aware of all the info i am RN i’d likely end up resolving it by hitting the IC button (though i might call the seccie stinky before doing so, cause i despise field executions)

Report rejected.

Don’t go out of your way to be a little shit and then cry wolf while security is just trying to do their job. You started this conflict, you made the conflict worse, and then you made yourself present when you knew someone else was planning to attack security with lethal intent and got lumped in with them, on top of succumbing before giving the officer a chance to provide aid.