Unknown key report 42244 - Abandoning other crew as exploration shuttle crewmate

In-game report:

CKEY: AVeryWeirdMan

Your Discord: Not in bee discord.

Offender’s CKEY: ?

Offender’s In-Game Name: Julian Hardy

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 01/13/2023

Round Number: 42244

Rules Broken: 8 - griefing, 9 - self antag since i did the same thing in the past but i was a heretic and a mentor allowed it.

Incident Description: I’ll be honest, i have no idea what exactly happened, what i know is that we were at the objective, i noticed our :q comms weren’t working and found out our shuttle just left us to be stranded, my guess is that our collegue, who was AFK came back and just got out without us, i could be wrong. Maybe an antag somehow called it back… but seriously, what just happened?

Additional Information: The guy that i very, very loosely guess was the guy that flew our ship back, wasn’t an antag from what i read on the objective sheet at the end of the round, but it could also be a guy from science that tought we weren’t alive and recalled, but i legit just don’t know, man.

Heya, guy that did this here. I came back and decided to check on you guys, and when I didn’t hear a response on comms, thought you died, and didn’t want to risk getting your bodies back. Sorry for leaving you there. If comms worked I’d have not done that, as you’d be able to respond.

A mentor?

We aren’t admins, we never will be and we aren’t even allowed to give you rules advice. Our word is never a ruling.

2 Likes

I asked if that’s okay, and they said yes, can a mentor possibly not have any knowlege of the rules? I did it with a mining shuttle, antag role (as i said) and close to the end of a round.

Oh, ok, then it’s fine.

Mentors are not supposed to rule on what’s OK and what is not. That’s for the mods and admins to decide.

Please close and reject it if you see this adms, was just a missunderstanding apparently, and PLEASE tell me if hijacking the mining shuttle as an antag was against the rules.

We can know about the rules, but we are not allowed to answer rules questions.

https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Non-Admin_Staff_Conduct

Ye, i’ll be careful next time.

Luckly no one was bothered, apparently.

The mining shuttle and the exploration shuttle are a little different. On lavaland there is a console to call the shuttle, the same one can be found in cargo. This means that its not possible to be stranded on lavaland provided the console isn’t broken.

However the same is not true of exploration missions. If the shuttle is called while the exploration crew are on the abandoned station, there isn’t a easy way to get back. And as a side note, if a shuttle is in transit your coms will not be useable. Keep this in mind if you can’t reach your crew while travelling.

1 Like

For the future keep an eye out on your GPS and see if the coordinates of your teammates stop changing.

If you want to heck up on on Explorers, first thing you do is check their GPS signals, if they are moving, assume they are alive. If not moving, GET ANOTHER SHUTTLE TO RESUCE THEM!! Recalling the shuttle while explorers are on a ruins is a massive pain to resolve and can ruin rounds for said explorers. It is a massive dick move.

3 Likes

Ye but i broke both consoles that time, and their boards were on it.

Ye, this would’ve helped especially in this situation

For context: i think i had a GPS and we were fighting a boss fight at the objective that was super hard too, wich is why we didn’t see his message, wich i never saw.

Okay, sorry it took so long.
Honestly seems like an honest mistake, but the player in question has been warned to check on his teammates before leaving.