CKEY: benbot16

Your Discord: benbot16#2097

Offender’s CKEY: unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Julius Wright

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 4/28/2022

Round Number:37750

Rules Broken: 1, 7

Incident Description: I was a medical cyborg. At some point during the round, a hostile VIP (human species) got onto the station, and was critically injured by Security. During this time, I found them and heard that security was planning to kill them. As such, I attempted to prevent that and heal said human, as I was on asimov at the time. The captain (Julius) disliked this and repeatedly attempted to stop me using an ion rifle and flash. At some point during this, they ordered me locked down, and (re)killed and decapitated the human in front of me. After this, they took me and the head to the chapel, placed us in the crematory, and cremated us.

Additional Information: This also resulted in a bug with undroppable cyborg paddles, but that didn’t really cause much else to happen.

6 Likes

Non-human late-join (10 min) RD this round, Unfortunately for Julius I did state multiple times not to destroy the cyborg.

(May or may not be related) Around 20 minutes into the round, I noticed both my roboticists gone and walk over to brig, to find out that the Captain had supposedly arrested one for the possession of a Syndicate MMI (Both of the secoffs present did not know nor participated in the arrest and were as stumped as me).

Exploration told me they had taken a “VIP mission” which turned out to be a fully-blown assassination mission (alzheimer’s moment on either my part or exploration part, I was under the impression it was the CC VIP rescue mission) and I bid them farewell. Later on, one of the two explocrew comes up to me and says we have a hostile agent onboard, I relay to proper command, and another alzheimer’s moment noticing the assassin target walk out of RnD.

Captain supposedly captured the assassin target with or without Security (I was acutely aware there was a late-join HoS onboard). I then heard that they were being accused of being a changeling, was thinking about challenging it at the time but didn’t get to. I then hear that the only medical cyborg is “possibly rogue”, checking my information and knowing that it is synced with the AI.

I personally locked it down after receiving what I assume was an order to do so from the Captain, the AI proceeded to unlock the Cyborg, I noticed this and cut cam + shutters to lockdown again. I stated at least twice in Command not to destroy the cyborg, asked AI where it was (chapel), and rushed over and into crematorium to find dust and the cyborg crewmonitor and cyborg paddles on the floor. I then engage in a lengthy attempt at IC berating the Captain for OOC round-removing a cyborg for following it’s laws, which was interrupted by both of our hands being taken up by the cyborg crewmonitor and cyborg paddles.

Captain takes us to brig to have us chop our arms off and reattach it, I head back to RnD, and I IC go to apologize to the AI for the actions of the Captain, I couldn’t have possibly known that the Captain would cremate the cyborg.

Round keeps going, CE robusts the traitor attempting to bomb him and the SM and fucking drags the bomb to space, Captain supposedly (???) authorizes gygax and durand for some unknown reasons which I don’t protest, shuttle arrives and I take the AI to the shuttle avoiding the bombed bridge, roboticist and some posibrains do very comedic EORG with incendiaries.

My actions this round were mostly guided by “I really don’t want to override the captain…” and just do my job.

4 Likes

I have one question.

Why would you go to brig for this instead of med to go amputation surgery?

Why would you go to brig for this instead of med to go amputation surgery?

Captain realized after chopping his own arm off that you can do that to force-drop the item, plus IPC so just needs welder. No idea how he got his arm back though. And brig medbay**

1: we were command
2: amputation fucks the arm up anyways
3: much faster

1 Like

According to sillicon policy: “Humans are human because their medical records define them as such, and from that, we can infer anything with human appearance is human until proven otherwise” and, somewhat related, “Do not prepare to be a dick in law intepretation 24/7.”

You claimed “he is human because the medical scanner says so”, after I told you they were not a human (I was lying, but I’m a human on the medical records, YOU did wrong here) you kept trying to pull them away from security despite my position in command.

A cyborg that does not follow its laws, IC’ly, is likely to be bound to a hidden law behind its regular lawset. As captain I did not want you to steal hostile agents from the brig anymore, even if you were to claim “human harm”, so I decomissioned your very expandable, erm, chassis.

"Prisoners cannot be assumed harmful, unless evidence to the contrary exists… If you do not know the nature of their crime, see above, as to release them would be acting with minimal information. If they are human and at risk, you obviously must let them out, though. " Once again I told you they were a changeling, and a dead one, and you insisted cremating their body would be further harm, even though they were dead, and not a human

Also I’d say a Health Scan is enough evidence of being human, so Medical Records are a moot point.

They couldn’t witness because they were dead, and had to listen to the humans-to-be-harmed if the “changeling” was revived

Position in the chain of command is irrelevant to Asimov Silicons. In addition you cannot order Silicons to change their interpretation of what a human is using law 2. If someone looks like a human, and a medical scanner shows them as human, then it’s reasonable to assume they are one. Changelings are the exception to this, but that’s only relevant if they were exposed as one directly in front of the silicon.

There are far better ways to approach this.

I’ll go over this sometime soon™.

As captain I wanted to ensure the safety of every crew member aboard, and I did not want a cyborg that would not listen to me reviving hostile members aboard my station . Yes, I could’ve changed their lawset, but that would be too much for a small situation. Robotics can make more of them.

You can’t just completely remove someone from the round because the alternative (much better) solution is mildly inconvenient.

Yes robotics can make more borgs, but you’ve still just permanently killed someone for no reason.

3 Likes

Don’t permanently kill silicons for following their laws, especially when you have better solutions easily available. Silicon policy covers this, it’s also just a dick move.

Report processed.