Unknown CKEY Report

In-game report:

CKEY: DurrHurrDurrHurr

Your Discord: DurrHurrDurr#4091

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown 

LRP or MRP server: MRP

Offender’s In-Game Name: Marksman (a borg)

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 01-09-2021

Round Number: 25921

Rules Broken: Validhunting

Incident Description:

Additional Information: I was a paraplegic captain transplanted into an Ayy's body murdered by a mining borg.

I was laying on the floor holding a pen and paper as a naked ayy nearby the scalped Ayy body in cloning when a mining borg came up and murdered me. A few issues with this:

1. The context clue of the dressed, dead ayy should have been apparent, since you cannot strip ayys

2. Ayys cannot be paraplegic

3. I was entirely nonhostile, as I had no wheelchair and was laying on the floor holding a pen and paper.

Validhunting as a rule exists so that players can’t just shoot first and ask questions later, and fuck over other peoples’ rounds on assumptions of antagonism. There were multiple context clues that made it apparent I was not an antagonist ayy, including that ayys cannot spawn as paraplegics. This was (in my view, wrongly) marked as an IC issue by an admin.

In my view, there were a number of relatively straightforward things that made it clear I was not an antagonist ayy:

1. Ayys cannot be paraplegic. I was.

2. The previous ayy body was visible and was still dressed (I was cloned after inserted into the ayy body)

3. I was naked. Ayys cannot be stripped of their clothing.

4. I was holding a pen and paper.

5. I was entirely nonhostile, and did nothing but try to move away from the borg.

how would he know you are not just hurt or whatever

how would he know that was you

they can just not their alien vest

??? anyone can do this

a abductor would do the same

I dont think a borg would kill you knowing you are the captain plus seems a bit weird to, as a captain go into a alien body. Seems like he made a mistake and thought you were not crew.

1 Like

Examine returns legs as “limp and lifeless” not mangled/damaged/etc

Right, you just confirmed my point

Which is why you’re not supposed to validhunt. A mining borg in the middle of medbay shouldn’t be shitting on people in the medbay unless they’re confirmed to be antagonists/noncrew.

legs limp/lifeless can also mean you’ve just been stunned by an incompetent stunner. if it didn’t examine you, it also wouldn’t know.

some of these points require knowledge of the meta that not all players possess.

most competent crewsimov AI’s rightfully consider ayys to be harmful just by virtue of their mission, so if it thought you were an ayy, it’d be right to bash you no matter how hard you waved a white flag. by virtue of crewsimov, cyborgs are expected to super-murder threats to the crew. it’s like how a borg will bash the everloving shit out of a nukie or a ling

2 Likes

No mining borg should be attacking entities in medbay unless they’re confirmed to be enemies of the crew, screwups like this are one of the big reasons why validhunting isn’t allowed to begin with. Attacking a naked ayy with a pen and paper laying on the floor protects nobody.

Had to ask other admins what the fuck an Ayy was.

Ayy = Abductors apparently

Abductors are not only not crew, but exceedingly harmful to crew. Valid-hunting is the act of going out of your way to find and kill valids, not stumbling upon a threat to the crew and reacting to it.

In many cases crew may still be expected to run depending on circumstances, but a borg may not. Borg’s that identify threats to the crew which are not crew themselves are not only allowed but expected to eliminate or disable the threat

You may not injure a crew member or, through inaction, allow a crew member to come to harm.

How is a naked paraplegic on the floor with a pen and paper a threat to the crew regardless of form?

Just asking this for the sake of context. Were you an actual abductor? Or a crew member who had a brain transplant into an abductor body?

I was the captain, transplanted into the ayy and then cloned because their organs had rotted, so I didn’t even have ayy clothing (which can’t be stripped).

Abductors are threats to crew. I do not expect someone to take the time to inspect and consider whether something which is almost always a kill-on-sight threat might actually be a fake. Especially considering their capability for remote teleportation.

Take a guess how many players know the paraplegic description on investigation.

Alien clothing can be stripped, but that’s getting a bit off-topic.

(If vest is unlocked you can take it off)

I’ll also mention that in my experience ayy transplanting is pretty common, and both ayys had also been reported as dead repeatedly over the station radio.

Play stupid games

4 Likes

if the borg didn’t have a reason to be made aware that the captain was turned into an ayy, like “hey hopping onto the radio to let everybody know in my big voice that i’m becoming an ayy”, i don’t see any reason why they’d let you live.

also again, it’s possible they straight-up didn’t examine you.

also ayys can teleport so it’s a good idea to smash them in the face whenever you see them.

basically this is a problem where the player should be poked with a “hey btw for your information, abductors are this, transplanted ayys are this” because it sounds like they just weren’t aware of how abductors work

Both ayys had already been reported as dead.

and yet, here lies an ayy

I’ll also note that I’m fairly confident the same borg is the one that killed them.

I’m pretty bad at following radio comms in a full server now that there’s runechat. I frequently miss things said over comms unless I’m actively watching for them because I’m not doing something in the moment.

idk, my thinking is it probably thought some dumbass cloned an abductor so it came to finish the job

anyway i don’t think this is malicious at all, just a borg that’s already been doing good protecting the crew not asking enough questions

Fun fact, it’s possible for multiple abductor crews to exist at the same time.