Unknown Ckey Minor Player Report

In-game report:

CKEY: DarnTheMarn

Your Discord: Lost#6344

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Spindel Craic

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 4/22/2022

Round Number: 37602 or 37601 I forgot, I was only connected for one of those rounds so whichever one I’m in is it.

Rules Broken: 1.3 & 7.5

Incident Description: To keep it short-ish, security sees myself, the clown, and the mime roughhousing in the hallway a little bit RPing with each other. We go our separate ways as friends, then later on security demands I submit to a random search. I lightly resist arrest entirely non-lethally by running around in circles and they are unable to get me stunned even with the help of the Mime and Clown for a little bit.

I’m taken to the brig where they fail to follow SOP in numerous ways, in order of severity:

• Strip me before setting my timer.
  • Leaving items on the ground rather than secured in a locker.
  • Improper use of Space Law.
  • Confiscating job-necessary equipment not involved in a crime.

The first three aren’t huge deals but I see them so often it irritates me, they need to be enforced more hence their inclusion. I was charged with aggravated assault and given a 10 minute timer. Not even remotely true, I hit the clown twice, once with my toy sword and once with my fedora, all of it was in RP and the clown and I held no ill will against each other. Quite a far cry from “Intent to grievously harm.” As the head of security they should be held to a higher standard and not get a pass for breaking SOP numerous ways in one incident.

The fourth point is the real crux of the issue, they confiscated my chaplain armaments beacon which was not involved in any crime and has no possible way of being involved in any crime whatsoever, for that matter. When I asked for it back trying to tell them how it was literally impossible for it to be contraband, stolen, or used in a crime they essentially told me to go fuck myself.

If needlessly confiscating job specific and important equipment when it was not involved in any crime nor had any potential to be isn’t breaking “Don’t be a dick” I don’t know what is.

Additional Information: I wasn’t going to make this report since I didn’t even need the beacon and the issues are minor and COULD have been handled IC, but they were completely non-cooperative and rude when I tried to get it returned. No admin responded at the time so here we are.

Capture

5 Likes

Okay so important details before I address what happened: This is Fland, there are 3 active members of security (Me, a warden and an officer) and a detective that went afk in arrivals as soon as they spawned. Fairly early in the shift, the officer walks in on what they describe as “a bloodbath” with bullet shells everywhere directly outside the chapel. I’m acting captain, so I start going to the bridge to raise the alert to blue. On the way, I enlist the help of the clown and ask them to help me find the culprit, and a real captain joins and authorises an alert level increase. The officer is yelling for the detective, not getting a reply, so I check out the detective office to see if the equipment has been picked up. It hasn’t, so the detective is presumed dead at this point.

What I see when I leave the detective office is the clown and chaplain pointing at each other, accusing each other of assaulting them. The chaplain says the clown took their hat, the clown says the chaplain took their shoes. I inspect both, the chaplain has “minor buising” and the clown has “moderate bruising” and is also bleeding. The chaplain still has their hat and a blood soaked replica katana so it’s a pretty open and shut case - even if the clown started the fight, clearly the chaplain took it too far. The katana is not a toy, it is a replica. Toys do no or negligable damage while the replica katana is essentially a wrench that causes bleeding. The fedora, however, is a weapon - it’s a form of the null rod. Regardless, I don’t care how the fight went down, all I know is the clown has been beaten up. I consider brigging the chaplain for this but decide against it and let them off with a warning, as the clown and I have more important things to do.

I leave with the clown and head to the chapel. The area is covered in blood smears and bullet casings, with a small explosion hole to the south. The blood extends from 1 tile away from the chapel entrance to the library, and loops around the garden into the small airlock directly south of the armory - that’s where the explosion happened. We investigate the crime scene, and conclude that a stetchin pistol (with a mixture of regular and incindiary ammo) was used to murder the victim and c4 used to destroy the evidence (and ensure that we didn’t even know for sure who the victim was). I advise my security team to conduct random searches as a stetchin fits in a pocket, and also to carry fire extinguishers.

I decide to do some random searches on the two people working nearby, the chaplain and the curator. It’s blue alert so this is legal. The chaplain gets investigated first, by which I mean I walk into the chapel and tell them it’s time for a search. They refuse, so I point my HoS gun (taser mode) at them. They push me over and unfortunately, the clown decides to back me up by grabbing my gun and tasering the suspect - instantly wasting all the charge on my only ranged weapon by chain-tasering themselves in the foot. I pick up my gun and go to subdue the chaplain with a flash. They make this as difficult as possible by mashing the movement keys. At the time I assume this is because they have contraband on them, but later it turns out they were wasting my time for literally no reason.

• For less than ten seconds, as this is Fland and the lockers are outside the cell.
  • For the time it takes for me to look through them. I march three items to the evidence locker (katana, wrench and beacon) while the warden just as swiftly packs everything else into the locker.
  • Lol
  • The beacon is not job-necessary, the null rod is. I took the beacon because you had no legitimate reason to have it and I was hesitant to take your null rod fedora. I even let you wear the fedora in the cell, despite it being a weapon.

I’d also like to add that while I brigged you for 10 minutes citing the weaponised assault on the clown, the warden let you go free after around 5. It makes no difference if the timer was inflated by 10 seconds or so because the search happened because you didn’t actually serve your full sentence! It’s strange that you’d leave this out, I personally ran to the brig to authorise the warden’s sentence reduction specifically so you could see me do it. Then I took you out of the cell myself.

I told you it would be kept in evidence until the murder case was closed, at which point it would be returned. This was a hint to stop wasting my time when I’m investigating a murder that happened directly outside your workplace. There is no way you didn’t see the crime scene as you passed it multiple times, so I hope you can understand that I had bigger priorities than some jackass’s clothes (which you weren’t even using). I’m not going to drop everything just because a criminal who already got off light was mad that they got batoned and cuffed for a couple minutes. If your time was that important, you would have submitted to a 10 second frisk instead of dancing around the chapel pushing seccies. Frankly, I did not want to deal with an idiot greyshirt wasting my time when they knew there was pretty clearly an armed murderer still at large!

The Head of Security’s time is valuable and they don’t usually get 10 minutes to relax without someone demanding someone is demoted or batoned or killed or arrested or that they rate the mime’s graffiti or they open military crates in cargo etc. The HoS is expected to delegate and prioritise because responding to absolutely everything on the station immediately is impossible. They don’t owe you an in-depth explanation of how they approach the minutae of the space legal system just because you demand one, that’s what the lawyers are for. Please give them something to do, otherwise all they do is sit in the brig and whine.

1 Like

https://wiki.beestation13.com/view/Contraband

Are you aware of this page? It’ fine if you were not, because I also missed it and got noted because of it. It lists what is considered contraband. You don’t have to second guess your self no more. The beacon is not contraband. You did break the law here.

While I understand crew can be shitters that purposefully waste your time and then expected to be treated with respect this is shitsec behavior. Don’t stoop the the average tider level.

This is thing people would also get. HoS is the hardest job on the station and despite 3 people wanting to have their RP session I really can’t stop and interact with you when I need to coordinate the gang. It makes me seem rude when I’m talking to someone and then just say “excuse me” and run off to deal with something more pressing.

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

They push me over

Don’t quote me on this, but I’m pretty sure the only time I pushed you was in the middle after you slipped on a banana peel.

I’d also like to add that while I brigged you for 10 minutes citing the weaponised assault on the clown, the warden let you go free after around 5.

What? You can’t just make a mistake, have someone else rectify it, then claim it was never a big deal.

I personally ran to the brig to authorise the warden’s sentence reduction specifically so you could see me do it.

The say logs will determine this but I’m pretty sure the warden did this on his own since ran over after I got let out early and asked if he was the one who did it.

I took the beacon because you had no legitimate reason to have it

Are you addicted to crack? I’m the chaplain and it is round start equipment unique to the chaplain and is necessary for most peoples chaplain gimmicks?

I told you it would be kept in evidence until the murder case was closed, at which point it would be returned. This was a hint to stop wasting my time when I’m investigating a murder that happened directly outside your workplace. There is no way you didn’t see the crime scene as you passed it multiple times, so I hope you can understand that I had bigger priorities than some jackass’s clothes (which you weren’t even using). I’m not going to drop everything just because a criminal who already got off light was mad that they got batoned and cuffed for a couple minutes. If your time was that important, you would have submitted to a 10 second frisk instead of dancing around the chapel pushing seccies. Frankly, I did not want to deal with an idiot greyshirt wasting my time when they knew there was pretty clearly an armed murderer still at large!

Nice, too bad it was impossible for it to be involved with a crime leaving the only explanation other than incompetence being malice. You made no attempt at handing it back during the rest of the round.

There is no way you didn’t see the crime scene as you passed it multiple times

I did not see anything as the majority of my time was spent collecting clothing for my gimmick. You didn’t ask me if I saw anything, you just instantly tried to search me.

Yes, I asked to make sure the warden was the one to do it and not the AI or something. There’s a bunch of reasons why a timer would suddenly stop, and it would not be the first time a shitter secretly PDAd the ai and ordered their own release. When the warden said they were commuting the sentence, I let them do so because they are the king of the brig. 4 or 5 minutes in a cell is the definition of not a big deal so I’m not going to micromanage or berate them over it. Ironically, them doing this without asking me first is the real breach of SOP here.

I can quit any time I want.

Not yours, you had a full gimmick atheist getup already by this point and when I asked what you needed it for you just screamed about how illegal it is to confiscate your items and keep you in prison and how I’m a shitmonger and a powertripper etc etc.

The “rest of the round” being comprised of me asking to search a chemist because they were walling off huge parts of the medbay without giving a reason, while producing nothing of value, and them resisting the search in exactly the same way for exactly the same reasons (none). During this, a blob spawned and it swiftly ended the round by eating the station while I armed the crew and fought it.

Bullshit my dude. When I asked you for a search in connection to a murder case, you were literally tracking the blood from the crime scene into the chapel. There is no way you missed the crime scene, the blue alert announcement which explicitly states random searches may be conducted, or the captain telling everyone that the alert level was rising due to a murder case.

1 Like

You obviously don’t think you did anything wrong and continually twist words and events to suit your ends, so I’m not going to respond and just leave it to the admins.

I will say this proves that the CAA PR is a good idea, this could have been handled IC if you had been more amenable

The IC handling was me telling you to get a lawyer.

Its a day later so I cant say with 100% certainty but I am pretty sure there were no lawyers at the time, and I really doubt you would have listened to them mediate considering your continued hostility so far. The literal only thing I did to you was run around you making a fool out of your inability to catch me and you are still acting as if what you did wasn’t an overreach at all.

Just own the fact that you did something wrong, you had no right to take the beacon and you never intended to return it.

Alright, apologies for the delay.

VICIOUS O REILLY admitted to having held the beacon in Security custody for no real reasons other than to spite DarnTheMarn.

This happened after an arrest where Darn, playing chaplain, was obnoxiously uncooperative.

Attack logs
[2022-04-23 01:54:38.203] ATTACK: DarnTheMarn/(Robert Langley) has shoved VICIOUS O REILLY/(Spindel Craic) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 98.3)  (Monastery (57, 175, 2))
[2022-04-23 01:54:39.097] ATTACK: DarnTheMarn/(Robert Langley) has kicks VICIOUS O REILLY/(Spindel Craic) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 98.3)  (Monastery (57, 175, 2))
[2022-04-23 01:54:39.097] ATTACK: DarnTheMarn/(Robert Langley) has shoved VICIOUS O REILLY/(Spindel Craic) with knocking them down (NEWHP: 98.3)  (Monastery (57, 175, 2))
[2022-04-23 01:55:14.798] ATTACK: DarnTheMarn/(Robert Langley) has kicks VICIOUS O REILLY/(Spindel Craic) with onto their side (paralyzing) (NEWHP: 98.3)  (Monastery (55, 176, 2))|
[2022-04-23 01:55:14.803] ATTACK: DarnTheMarn/(Robert Langley) has shoved VICIOUS O REILLY/(Spindel Craic) (NEWHP: 98.3)  (Monastery (55, 176, 2))|

The chaplain then got arrested and brigged.

What is reported by both players is confirmed by logs.

Minor SOP breaches, especially those explained by context, are excusable. SOP at its roots is an IC matter. The reason why Security and Command are held to higher standards is because of how these roles can affect the rounds of others dramatically.

In this case, there was no reason for the Hos to not give the beacon back other than to spite the Chaplain, which I consider to be griefing here honestly.
Yes the chaplain was an ass, and I would have swept under the rug a little harmbatonning or sec abuse. However I do not think taking actions that have permanent consequences to be appropriate in any manner here.

HOS’ reasoning is weak and clearly just a bad attempt at disguising a grudge against the chaplain.

Report accepted