[Unknown] Cade Millhouse Miner Morph Player Report

CKEY: Fronsis

Your Discord: -

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Morph (Cade Millhouse)

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (YYYY-MM-DD): 2023-01-04

Round Number: 47225

Rules Broken: Do not self antag.

Incident Description: Local Morph goes around eating, first encounter is on Brig where they say they will ‘‘spare the armory’’ fast forward the entire round where they didn’t cause any issue, however when shuttle comes, me and officer Cryphia are fighting an heretic, we’re both critted, this is where Cade just comes and eats us both, then when the Heretic was in crit they didn’t eat them until another person killed them fully when in our case they ate us while we were crit, they justified it by saying ‘‘i’m just doing my role’’ and ‘‘i didn’t kill them, just ate our bodies’’

We were both in crit and we would’ve been saved, revived, etc if it wasn’t for the miner morph randomly eating us so… yeah, classic morph self antag.

Just to specify, this was a Miner who took a syringe that made them into a morph, and proceeded to self antag?

1 Like

while I don’t think you should ban a morph for being a morph, I would add that morph ate me after I died and was going to be revived in medbay. Because they were hungry. And I later turned into a nightmare that helped the crew kill the heretic. morph syringe is supposedly the only legitimate way to self antag so this should probably be ignored. I know it sucks to be eaten and not get to play the game but when the alternative is we have hunt down and kill the morph if it ever showed up. well… you’re kinda ruining cool shit to happen. morph is an animal that lies and shapeshifts to survive with changeling DNA, of course they are smart enough to not attack people. Antagonist arn’t made just to murderbone and be murderboned. Lighten up!

Correct, this was a non-antag miner that became a Morph and while they didn’t do nothing extreme at the start, near the end they did ate around 4-5 people (couldn’t properly inspect all the items they had when they were killed but seemed like misc stuff)

Also therobokoboldmothman it’s not okay for the morph to self antag eating random crew members without a valid IC reason, i’ve seen some morphs that ended up with good RP that justified eating someone(and after they spit them out even) it’s very different than ‘‘oh i’m randomly hungry let me justeat up these two critted officers on shuttle’’

There is no legitimate way to self antag, if anything you can create conflict following our escaltion policies and then you have conflict with IC reasoning behind it which won’t get you in troube since you roleplayed to that point

As far as the morph goes, first i saw them in my office, they ‘‘spared the armory’’ and never saw them again(sec was busy) nor i heard any reports of them being ‘‘evil’’ (i guess that’s fine) but randomly eating critted people as a non-antag miner turned into a morph is not okay.

Edit: In fact, you yourself were also victim of the morph since you were gonna be revived, probably laying on a stasis bed and then… you just got eaten with a ‘‘i’m hungry’’ while they probably left all the other stuff un-eaten, quite a picky eater huh? Unfortunately i remain with my stance on this report as a self antag.

He wasn’t vegetarian. More of a scavanger if anything.

Anyway, I feel like you or any paramedic with a tracker could put two and two together and tell he was doing that. Whether or not he self-antagged, many doctors witnessed this happen but did absolutely nothing to stop it. They didn’t say “no, can’t eat patients in medbay” or try to stick up for me. Even though I bet you anything they’re the players that call sec if they get attacked. Whether or not this player report is successful, the natural state of the game will go unchanged and the doctors stay happy because they don’t have to do their job until shuttle calls.

Everyone cares only for themselves and how they present themselves. Conscience has gone the way of the do do.

yes the morph asked if he could eat people in medbay, and yes the doctors were too high on anti-depressants to respond swiftly, a curator also egged the morph on and told them it was okay. I was observing this all as a ghost and after dying twice that shift and playing the game for long enough, I just accepted this was gonna happen.

I didn’t like it, I don’t have to like it. I have to live with it.

From morph DM file. this should appear in chat after the transformation

to_chat(src, "<span class='boldwarning'>If you were not an antagonist before, you did not become one now. You still retain your retain your original loyalties and mind!</span>")

3 Likes

Hello, and thanks for reporting this!

Logs confirm what was said in the report was true. Eating someone generally does kill them, don’t do it if your role is loyal to the station. Please save the never-ending hunger and subsequent mental break for when you’re an antagonist. Action has been taken, sorry for the long delay on this.

Have a good rest of your day!

1 Like