Unknown Abductor(s) player report

In-game report:

CKEY: Unknown

Your Discord: Megaddd#4269 (OG plaintiff: IT4E#5709)

Offender’s CKEY: Unknown

Offender’s In-Game Name: Unknown (ayy)

Server (Sage or Acacia): Sage

Date (MM-DD-YYYY): 6/4/2023

Round Number: 44325

Rules Broken: 13, likely - 7, 8

Incident Description: Abductors have committed murder on command members, they should not be intentionally killing crewmembers in a round.

Additional Information: plaintiff is banned from posting on forums

1 Like

I was the abductor agent in the report
I got bwoinked by an admin in game to which I explained the situation, and it was already resolved.

For context, here’s what happened :

We were trying to capture ben touck (something like that) in brig, captain turned out to be there & ben took our batong while I tried to stun the cap.
I thus proceeded to try and get my batong back from ben, having to crit the cap since all I have is lethal options to immobilise him. Right after softcritting him, I turn towards ben who manages to crit me. I get teleported back up to be healed.

I proceed to jump right back in the entrance of med while ben is dragging cap. HoS pops up RIGHT behind me.
We proceed to have a gunfight with him plus one seccie and ben used this opportunity to escape with the captain.

it ends with us winning, critting both the secoff & hos. Sec off unfortunately dies while the scientist tries to mark him (he wasn’t near death so he may have ghosted), and we capture the head of security, who also ghosts in the abductor ship while in crit.

We tried to revive him like 10 times. and he refused every single time, even after we healed him fully. Surprisingly, he accepted to be revived down on the station (we sent him to medbay) but that definitely made his revival take much longer than it should have.

I feel like this was intentional since that prevents us from getting points

We still had no baton due to that, but luckily I managed to intimidate a guy in letting himself be captured.

Afterwards, we tried to get more people in a complete rush because shuttle got called on red alert and we still needed 4 more people, so we stunned people and critted anyone who couldn’t be stunned - since the new batong can only keep one person stunned at a time due to a nerf (warranted) - and carried all of them back on our ship in a complete rush. The scientist left me alone down on the station for the entire duration.
They were all sent back right to medbay.

This wasn’t funny murderbone, no one was killed, only critted. We needed live subjects, we lost our only method of non lethal abduction or were extremely hurried by time. In the past, I could have gone for a flash from robotics as an alternative but they don’t stun anymore, stun batons were impossible to acquire & we can’t use normal guns.

Edit : Important to note is that we never killed anybody outright. We critted them, and only two died from their wounds - the seccie & hos (probably both ghosted)

2 Likes

Flashes stun people that are knocked down, so you could have used a telebaton and a flash.

Ah yes, the famous telebatong we could easily access, which we could have used to fight off a borg and sec to get our OG batong back
In the heat of the moment, surprisingly, I did not think about acquiring a telebaton instead of just trying to grab my baton back off of an assistant

I’m just saying it was an option if you’d managed to abduct a head of staff.

Already ahelped this and got told it was resolved, including after the original ahelp when they raided medical and celldamage critted a doctor + smashed a medibot to ensure critical patients being treated by said doc would die. Sorry, this round frustrated me too with the excuses the abductors made to crit people and leave them to die in overheated hallways, but the admins made their decision and I was told not to re-open the issue.

@Ice_Type I believe is that discord person.

Unless revival was impossible due to either the ghost being disconnected or the body/organs having too much damage, this is 100% deliberate refusal to play along - revival forces the ghost back into the body if it is ready to revive and they have a brief window to exit the body before revival actually happens.

This is scummy on another level and I am making a fix to prevent this from being possible. Players should fully DNR if they don’t want to continue playing and should not be able to selectively refuse to engage with antagonists while still accepting station care.

3 Likes

No, the medibot was actively healing someone who was barely in crits. I had to chase katya who rushed off to the north while the scientist took care of the guy that was left behind, and i didn’t want him to be revived by a medibot.

This was literally during a nuke countdown anyways, like, again, we were very stressed and rushing

The guy ghosted out while in softcrit and the revival message proceeded to showcase the one about how the soul isn’t in the body yet, just gotta try again. It was working, they just were leaving everytime

Coming from said patient, who was in crit due to bloodloss and barely being sustained in softcrit, I did in fact die pretty immediately after the medibot was pointlessly smashed apart.

(again, though, admins have already said they considered it already-handled even though that incident took place after the original ahelp, so the point is moot)

Sorry for not realising this in the rush of action, I genuinely thought you were on the verge of coming back up. There’s no way to see bloodloss with a medhud, sadly

Already addressed inround.