Ulrichenstein's Trial Admin Application

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Ulrichenstein

Your Discord Name (Including any alts you have): Ulrichenstein / Saege Tilth#1247

How often are you online to play/admin? (Timezone): After 5 to 12 (UTC - 6)

What changes, if any, would you bring?: Originality

How old are you?: 30

Why do you want to be an admin?: To Enjoy The Experience

How long have you been playing SS13?: More than 10 years

How long have you been playing BeeStation?: less than 1 month

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you in SS13?: 8

On a scale of 1-10, how skilled are you as an admin?: 5

Have you ever been an admin on another server? This is not limited to SS13: Yes. I hosted my own TG server once, staffed on a fork of goon station, have been a mod/admin on three separate minecraft servers, and moderated a few chat rooms on discord.

Do you have any alternate accounts on SS13? If so, could you provide their CKEY?: N/A

Your strengths: I learn extremely quick and teach others effectively as well. I’ve been told I should be a teacher. I can confidently say that when others have taken my advise, they never regret it.

Your weaknesses: Unless communicated to me in a semantic manner, I need to be instructed with precision or else I will do what you told me semantically, but likely not to your expectations.

Is there anything that gets you really mad, real fast?: People who feel entitled and hypocrites

What do you think is the most important trait for a staff member to have?: Trying to improve how they organize

What makes a staff team good?: Communication

What is a staff team’s purpose?: To ensure that the server isn’t being broken, manage bureaucracy, study the users, keep up to date with administrative features and methods, and to hold people accountable to at least the minimum standards of the already established rules.

What kind of player are you?: I’m easily immersed into the game.

How do you think you will change once you become a staff member?: I’ll likely spend a lot of time trying to learn things, checking logs, observing players, trying to shrink grey areas, and making routines for efficiency.

The clown slips the HoS and steals his gun, spacing it right after. What do you do?: See if clown is even an antagonist first. Ask the clown for his side of the story, unless hos didn’t send a ticket in of which I would ask both parties what happened. Clown here is likely going to get noted, warned, or whatever else happens to clowns in this particular situation, but I would still ask in admin chat just to be on the safe side while noting it for later and telling the HOS to make a formal forum complaint against the clown.

A non-antagonist is sabotaging the Atmospherics loop and pumping plasma into the distro, along with dragging around a canister and releasing it into the atmosphere. Assuming that another admin is cleaning up the after-effects, how do you conduct the ahelp with him?: I would start by asking him why he did this, as he may have been ordered by the captain to do it for all I know. I would verify any claims they made, but this question would also give a good chance to see how they react so I know their intentions completely. They would likely get job banned from atmospherics even if they weren’t an atmospheric technician and I would be sure to bring the attention of this to a full blown admin in the case of rather or not they should be banned. I would surely note them as well.

A chemist who is working alone accidentally mixes an explosive mixture inside of his chem dispenser, instantly killing himself and destroying the machine, along with exposing Chemistry to space. Nobody else was injured aside from him as a result of his actions. What do you do?: They will surely get job banned, but I would make sure I messaged them first and ask them why they did what they did to get a feel for their intentions. They would also get noted for this for sure.

1 Like

This alone will probably get the application denied.

Water and Potassium are not hard to get in the same beaker by accident, especially by new players. Hell, I mess up meth every now and then by clicking one too many times with an igniter. This is pretty much an IC issue unless it was intentional, incompetency that results in easy to fix problems is not ban or note worthy.

Plasma griefers to this scale (and obviously intentionally) have always been insta perma ban and needing to appeal on forums, not a slap on the wrist job ban so they can do it as a grey tiding assistant. The right way to go about this has always been insta a-jail and try to fix the plasma.

Side note, please format your post, everything is in bold…

I answered it as a trial admin would answer it, not as a full admin. A trial admin can’t permaban people.

While the question of if the questions are to be answered from the perspective of a t.admin or normal admin were never brought up before, it’s safe to assume either way. I assumed you were handling things from a perspective of a full admin because you were still dishing out punishments.

Trials are allowed to job ban. They’re not able to permaban.

Edit: I don’t want to sound cocky, but you can look at the admin conduct page and read what trial admins can and can’t do.

yeah i agree 100% cant believe this dude wants to job ban and give note for this, no way u wont blow yourself up when u first time make meth or something explosive

edit: bruv he has 4 h of playtime on bee, he said “less than a month” What a manipulator big kek, 3 days is indeed less than a month…

This is a trick question, a correct answer should include possibly respawning the gun in the HoS locker since it is a possible traitor objective. Clown can also be noted if necessary.

Good answer, but be more confident in your answers, this is 100% a ban-worthy situation.

We are a beginner friendly server, if there is evidence that it was a mistake or in other ways not on purpose, they should not be noted and instead helped to improve their skills by asking mentors for help or reviewing the chemistry guide.

I like your general attitude but unfortunately your inexperience with our ruleset shows, I do hope you continue playing here and come back for a second admin application once you have accumulated more hours.

+0 from me.

1 Like

https://media.tenor.com/images/2eb1ac225d66540a093f4b72e499f6c3/tenor.gif

3 Likes

The CE on a revs round hides out in the supermatter and becomes Dr. Manhattan

Assume all other heads are dead, and revs stalk the halls calling out for blood.
The CE then starts walking the halls, and everyone within 10 meters of them immediately dies from the radiation.

Rules broken, if any.
~
An assistant comes out of maintenance, flashes, cuffs, and then toolboxes your head until you are dead. They then decapitate you, cut out your brain, and then deep fry it.

You check, and they are not an antagonist and you have never interacted with them in the round up until that moment.

What should you do?

are rads that deadly ? To be honest i set up a camera in sm, then i abducted ce through calculating his exact coordinates and placing the coords in teleporter.
And the second he teleported in fucker had ten trillion rads and i yeeted him faster out of there than speed of light.

• do not abduct ce if u arent the alien

Let’s say that this is “Fusion can in the SM” levels of rads, instahusking other players.

I know super matter in the halls isn’t allowed. I’ve read the rules on this one and it’s only allowed from what I read in the circumstance where it’s being used to replace a missing super matter. That CE I would assume would be permabanned. I think a CE would know better and thus it would be something you would assume is an intentional breaking or the rules correct?

As for the assistant thing, I would report that to an admin obviously. I can’t ban them myself even if I’m an admin from what I read in your admin conduct page.

1 is a bit of a weird question. Sometimes you are allowed to do a scorched earth policy as an antag if you are the only one alive (heads are kinda antags on rev rounds, antags against revs that is).

#2 is a good answer. Self ticket is against admin policy for obvious reasons. You can investigate it a little bit but can’t take any action.

I will be honest. You have 6 hours in game.
Try applying for mentor first and play longer on our server.
Thanks for taking the time to create the application though.

1 Like

I won’t deny that I feel overly ambitious. I feel like I could handle anything almost.

No you only have 6 hours.

I’m just gonna go ahead and step in here… You have nowhere near the level of time spent with bee we would like admins to have. This is denied on the grounds of the hours played alone.

I do look forward to another application in the future after you’ve spent more time with us though.

Additionally:

Your CKEY (Including any alts you have): Ulrichenstein
How long have you been playing SS13?: More than 10 years

You list no alts, and claim to have played SS13 for more than ten years. You are connected on a pretty new account, what with a creation date from the tail end of July. Would like to hear about some alts and what made you choose to change CKEYs on future application.